2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky is a little bit slow :D

Don't blame him he is still fast for 67 year old :) The race was very good although I still find it hard to believe how Button suddenly got so fast we haven't seen him much he was so far ahead. And what was Rammer Grasscutter doing? Well at least championship is a bit closer. Merc was a disaster and you have to feel for Sauber. I too enjoyed that race.

Hey did you see Charlie Whiting in disbelief at the start? :roflmao: And of course Kimi - a Legend as always "Give me more power"

Vettel's last chicane overtakes were very nice. I hope it will be a sign to people who thinks he can only win from pole. Loved Schumacher's stubborness against Raikkonen and Hulkenberg :D He must remain in F1 forever!

Maldonado hit who again? Replays did not show it. I think he definitely jump started too, Charlie was shaking his head while watching him.

Poor Saubers, what a disappointment for them. I hope they will do the same without a start crash at Monza.

It was clearly a jump start.

I think he is boiling on the inside :D

lol

I don't doubt that, but he was caught by the reporter and got it out very calmly. Great of him.

As for Maldonado: Sky F1 clearly shows how much a jumpstart it was. Wow. Charlie Whiting caught it well.

Regarding Alonso's luck: on Sky F1 they're discussing closing cockpits. And Wurz is being mentioned again, which is just. Nobody wants a tragedy. Races yes, tragedies no.

"Give me full power" nice one from Kimi. Really entertaining race, not much pauses between action.. Hoped for Button-Kimi-Schumi on the podium would've been nice to have 10 Spa wins and a fresh new one in there.. Plus it was his 300th race... Kimis pass was spectacular, he really is a good hunter.

For the championship this is good.. Alonso 164, Vettel 140, Webber 132, Kimi 131.. Pretty much four horsemen, Hamilton lost his chances today..

EDIT: That podium interview thingy is not working..

I don't think it was jump start. Watch it on slow mo and you'll see he's car is moving after the reds are off.
He did admit that wasn't planned though. It wasn't a great start as much as **** luck, but the Stewards will know 100% if he jumped it or not and they were investigating it which means 99% of the time they saw something that indicated he left early. The replay with Charlie Whitting shaking his head made my Dad and I piss ourselves lol. However I watched a replay in slow motion and he didn't jump the start, but it was very very close.

A Ferrari team member is looking around and asking other teams if a piece of suspension found in Alonso's car belongs to them. Wow.

However I watched a replay in slow motion and he didn't jump the start, but it was very very close.

They froze the picture and showed the "scene" in virtual mode: just before the lights went off, Maldonado was more than 50cm ahead and to the right. Jump start.

Congrats to Button and McLaren for their win. Definitely the drive of the weekend goes to Jenson.Vettel had a less than stellar Saturday qualifying session and some not so good luck at the start of the race. But he really salvaged his weekend with a good effort after the safety car with at least three gutsy passes leading into the bus stop. Pass of the weekend goes to Kimi with his ballsy pass entering Eau Rouge. Tough luck for those who were taken out of the race at the turn one race start incident and a real scare for Fernando. If Grosjean's car was a foot or so closer to the Spaniard's head we might be sitting here recounting a very sad day. But fortunately Alonso's bad luck was not as dark as it could have been. Without a doubt Grosjean did aggressively cut to the right heading into turn one, but I would chalk it all up as a "Racing Incident". Visibility in these cars is difficult and Hamilton could have lifted off, but he didn't. No doubt the Alonso and Hamilton fans are disappointed, but it could have been a whole lot worse. Oh and nice false start from Maldonado. LOL

He did admit that wasn't planned though. It wasn't a great start as much as **** luck, but the Stewards will know 100% if he jumped it or not and they were investigating it which means 99% of the time they saw something that indicated he left early. The replay with Charlie Whitting shaking his head made my Dad and I piss ourselves lol. However I watched a replay in slow motion and he didn't jump the start, but it was very very close.
I stand corrected! He jump started right in front of Charlie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.7%
Back