2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
They froze the picture and showed the "scene" in virtual mode: just before the lights went off, Maldonado was more than 50cm ahead and to the right. Jump start.
Was it?
That's what I watched at x0.25 speed (30 seconds) and it doesn't look like he moved, but it's not the perfect angle. If you have a better video I'd love to see it because I was trying to convince my friends it was a jump start.

That's what I watched at x0.25 speed (30 seconds) and it doesn't look like he moved, but it's not the perfect angle. If you have a better video I'd love to see it because I was trying to convince my friends it was a jump start.

I dunno about other TV coverages, I have been with Sky F1. They got all the data in, froze the image, turned on VIRTUAL mode and it was quite blatant.

Unless Sky F1 got the data wrong.

Everything happened so fast he probably had no time to lift off.
Not only that, but he isn't required to. He had the place so why should he let the wanker who's forcing him off the track take the spot?

I dunno about other TV coverages, I have been with Sky F1. They got all the data in, froze the image, turned on VIRTUAL mode and it was quite blatant.

Unless Sky F1 got the data wrong.
Hmm, any idea if the Stewards have made a decision about this? Or any other incident for that matter.

Not only that, but he isn't required to. He had the place so why should he let the wanker who's forcing him off the track take the spot?

Oh yeah, fully agree with you. He didn't have to, like the incident he had with Maldonado he also wasn't required to lift off. Thing is, in circumstances like this it always comes down to the ONE question: finish the race yes or no?

But even if he wanted to avoid a collision he had no time, imo.

Hmm, any idea if the Stewards have made a decision about this? Or any other incident for that matter.

Sky f1 say Charlie Whiting will not let that pass. Probably at Monza, sanction for Grosjean.

-

The more I see that start, the more unbelievable it looks how Alonso is still alive.

Everything happened so fast he (Hamilton) probably had no time to lift off.

Of course if Grosjean had not aggressively cut across the track it never would have happened and I am not blaming Hamilton for anything. I still chalk it up as a racing incident because how many races do we see someone cutting in front of someone else at the start. We see it every race. It is the nature of the beast. The sport is just lucky today as it could have been a very dark day. But it wasn't, and the Spaniard lives to race another day.

Hamilton's always been the guy to always go balls out if he is entitled to so lifting wasn't going to happen. From what I saw and heard from the BBC feed is that Grojean was never investigated by the Stewards. I pray that I missed something because he clearly deserves at least a 5-10 place grid penalty considering that's his second time doing that, first being at Monaco.

Well, the matter has been under serious consideration for some time in Indy cars and F1. Even more so after what happened to Dan Wheldon and Surtees. And Maria.

Again: we want races, not tragedies.

they don't mess around!

A1y1XYxCcAMwI0X.jpg:large

With the rate of speed that everything happens in these cars (including deceleration), if Hamilton had lifted off, he'd have likely caused a pile-up behind him, which would have been a stupid move on his part. You don't just lift off when you're in a pack full of cars doing 100+mph, that's just stupid! Those of you who think he could have lifted off, get back to your armchairs and quit being douchebags! -.-

With the rate of speed that everything happens in these cars (including deceleration), if Hamilton had lifted off, he'd have likely caused a pile-up behind him, which would have been a stupid move on his part. You don't just lift off when you're in a pack full of cars doing 100+mph, that's just stupid! Those of you who think he could have lifted off, get back to your armchairs and quit being douchebags! -.-
1) You're the only one being a douchebag from what I see.
2) There is no such thing as deceleration, trust me I'm an engineer.
3) We're not saying he had to slam on the brakes to avoid contact, only "lifting off" the accelerator a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%