2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

The Thunderdome

2 teams enter, 1 team leaves

image.jpg

ADIOS HOLANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messi, Kun, Romero, this one's for Australia, for Chile, for México and Costa Rica! :cry: referee didn't buy Robben's BS this time.

I for once am glad I lost the sweepstake, the final is going to be difficult but to me Argentina's done it's job.

Last edited:
ADIOS HOLANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messi, Kun, Romero, this one's for Australia, for Chile, for México and Costa Rica! :cry: referee didn't buy Robben's BS this time.

I for once am glad I lost the sweepstake, the final is going to be difficult but to me Argentina's done it's job.
What a BS. Robben should've received at least one free kick in the second half. Also that tackle on Sneijder's ankle should've been yellow. Or Agüero's (I think) attack on Cillessen.

Also you know Marquez stepped on Robben's foot in the round of 16... If you can't see that you're blind. Also Marquez should know every attacker would use his move. Neymar would've done like he broke everything except his back, Fred would've done the same, heck even Benzema and Müller would do it. And yes Hernandez would've done it as well.

Robben was bad tonight. Too selfish..

Last edited:
In the finals I'm rooting for Germany. I like their way of play, however it's pretty awesome that the Dutch team has gotten this far if you consider the lowerclass defenders who all play in the Dutch Eredivisie, except for Vlaar, an over-the-hill Sneijder, and ill Van Persie and a selfish Robben and Kuyt used as wing back...

Van Gaal took 4 Feyenoord defenders, who were passed 58 times in the Eredivisie if I remember correctly... Janmaat, De Vrij, Martins Indi and Kongolo.. That's some poor defending line.. On beforehand we expected to lose again Spain and Chile, and -hopefully- draw against Australia.

If 'we' would've had the Belgian defenders who actually know how to start an attack from behind... Who can pass perfectly..

Last edited:
Oh and I hate Bert van Marwijk on TV.. He can only break down Van Gaal and 'think' he had done the right things in 2010, while in fact we played extremely crap and dirty when he was the manager...

Oh and battle for 3rd place is BS.. It's not the Olympic games where you win a bronze medal. Battle for 3rd is like any GM brand or Fiat.. It's just NOT it...

Battle for 3rd is nice for those people who say 'participating is more important than winning', while no-one really agrees with that...

Wow what an intense night that was. Congrats to Messi and Co for reaching the finals. :thumbsup:

For the first time in my life ill be cheering for Germany this Sunday. But this surprising World Cup ain't over yet....

Oh and battle for 3rd place is BS.. It's not the Olympic games where you win a bronze medal. Battle for 3rd is like any GM brand or Fiat.. It's just NOT it...

Battle for 3rd is nice for those people who say 'participating is more important than winning', while no-one really agrees with that...
3rd is better than 4th so lets go for it one more time :)

Also you know Marquez stepped on Robben's foot in the round of 16... If you can't see that you're blind. Also Marquez should know every attacker would use his move. Neymar would've done like he broke everything except his back, Fred would've done the same, heck even Benzema and Müller would do it. And yes Hernandez would've done it as well.

You know what.. that's true.

I'm surprised Krull didn't play the penalties he was very good against Costa Rica.

Last edited:
I think after all Van Gaal made two mistakes this match. Put De Jong in the first 11, while he wasn't 100%. He needed to substitute him. But I have to agree we needed him to stop Messi. The same especially accounts for Van Persie.. Van Persie became worse each match. If Huntelaar would've started from the start, Krul could've been subsituted in the 119th minute...

After all I think we managed to stop Messi pretty well.

Jep agree with the De Jong case. However if we would have scored during the 120 minutes it would have been another tactical wonder :)

Krul isn't exactly a penalty killer either in "real life". That was a psychological trick that worked well against the costa ricans though :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%