2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cristian Haba Haba and I are driving with a modified version of the default RDTCC skin with additional Unicef branding.

Roaring Pipes Maniacs.jpg

There is a unique curb on the exit of turn three. There are basically two parts or layers on the curb, any clarification on what will be considered track boundaries would be great.

You can see there are the two parts, I would almost think that you can base the boundary off the outside curb? That does seem to be part of the track under the first part.
GRAB_083.JPG

So which one of these are we using as the edge?
Picture 2
GRAB_085.JPG

Picture 3
GRAB_084.JPG

Thanks, and I am looking forward to round 1!

You can see there are the two parts, I would almost think that you can base the boundary off the outside curb? That does seem to be part of the track under the first part.
View attachment 123967

So which one of these are we using as the edge?
Picture 2
View attachment 123969

Picture 3
View attachment 123970

Thanks, and I am looking forward to round 1!
Thanks for bringing this up Ryan :thumbsup:
So the league rules on track cutting state that,
The track is a strip, usually of tarmac or concrete, edged by clear lines (usually white, sometimes yellow). Everything outside these lines is not part of the track.

In this case, there is a red line separating the big white and red inside curb, from the grey/brown outside curb. So the red line is the track limit.

However, In the second screenshot you provided, there is no red line as the inside curb merges directly with the outside curb. In this case it is the large inside curb that is the limit because when there is no line to define the track edge, the inside aspect of the curb becomes the track boundary.

Chris can you please clarify. This is the same curb just different screen shots. You said that it is the red line between the red and white curb and the grey curb. Then in the red section you make it sound like it is not. I personally would think the red line like you mentioned is the boundary but I just want to know for sure! Sorry for the hassle, but I imagine I am not the only one that isn't certain. Thanks!

In case it helps here is a shot from the front of the curb.
GRAB_086.JPG

Last edited:
Chris can you please clarify. This is the same curb just different screen shots. You said that it is the red line between the red and white curb and the grey curb. Then in the red section you make it sound like it is not. I personally would think the red line like you mentioned is the boundary but I just want to know for sure! Sorry for the hassle, but I imagine I am not the only one that isn't certain. Thanks!

In case it helps here is a shot from the front of the curb.
View attachment 124049
Alright so, I've just checked it in game.

The outer curb (the brown part) is going to be considered as the track boundary (highlighted blue line). So no more than two wheels outside that. But running any wheels beyond that curb will put you on the grass so you'll lose time anyway. I'll add it to the OP.

2016-03-02_00001.jpg

I do not see the thread to confirm attendance.

18.30 GMT Race? Time of the qualy?
You don't need to confirm attendance on a per round basis anymore. No idea why it was done in the previous iteration, but on Friday before I head off to bed I'll post the confirmed driver list (everyone who hasn't reported absent) in here with all of you tagged.

But yeah, we don't need you guys to confirm attendance because attendance is expected anyway. All we need is an absence report if you are not going to attend a particular round. :)

As per the sign up thread, practice starts at 18:30 GMT

Just tried the same combo in Automobilista, and it felt so much better !!.....just wish it had been released earlier so we could have enjoyed it this series ...well lets have have it for future series then....i wonder if we could make a switch after the first race , if no bugs or anything are found in Automobilista by that time ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 508 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 335 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 199 26.9%
Back