2018 RD Touring Car Championship (R3E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 387850

some drivers didn't pit.....i thought there was a mandatory pit stop ??

That’s weird, I’m one of the drivers showing as not having stopped but I can assure you I did, so I can only assume it’s a glitch if it wasn’t recorded. I don’t think anyone would have made it 60m without fresh tyres ;)

• Deleted member 387850

My race. Also apologies to my language to the backmarkers, nothing personal, nerves were on a knife edge :rolleyes:

Apologies if I nearly gave you a heart attack at the 1h 22m mark in your stream! I'd come off at high speed through Degner 1, gravel tracked to Degner 2 and was trying the unenviable task of rejoining on that narrow strip of track under the bridge. I checked my mirrors and saw you guys charging through so kept left, but when I watched it back from your POV it was a little bit scary :redface:

I'm sure when I was practicing my stops they took about 8?
For tyres only eight seconds sounds about right. Longer than ten and it sounds like you were given fuel as well. Check your pit stop options in the menu and make sure the fuel option is not highlighted.

Not related to this, but it's also worth reminding people that the farther you stop away from your actual pit box, the longer the stop will take as the crew need to "reposition" themselves before starting.

some drivers didn't pit.....i thought there was a mandatory pit stop ??

That's just an error with the results. Anyone who didn't pit would have been DQ'd as a mandatory stop was in the rules.

• Deleted member 387850

I did not see any sign or warning about any penalties so for me it was a total surprise to get DQ

Do you use Crew Chief? I think it might warn you of penalties. Another little feature that makes it invaluable for me! I ended up using the voice recognition for the first time during this race after seeing it used on a live stream and it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say it's completely changed my experience. Especially useful for the pitstops as I didn't have to mess with the buttons, just a simple "box this lap". Love it :)

What a way to start a championship, even mistakes were made, i managed to climb 12 spots on the race, and had a lot of fun on the whole race.

Holy hell that was intense...
I had a great start, until the esses where nerves had the better of me and I went off... Came back 20th and kept making a lot of mistakes (went off a few times).
I finally settled in and had too many amazing battles to count, but I have to mention @Gogui96 , that was incredibly intense, especially when I passed you on the outside at 130R forgetting to close my DRS and went sideways but managed to hold it.... my buttcheeks were clenched for a moment....
I hope I wasn't too aggressive and/or didn't defend to harshly... If so, let me know and I'll apologize!
Great race everyone, that was insane!

I had to quote you because the battle was INSANELY GOOD. Barely half of the race only racing with you for position, with awesome overtakes and pretty good defenses. Hoping for another one like this on next race

That was one of the best races I've had in a very long time. Starting from pole I took the lead but my pace in the initial laps was poor and Ismail overtook me on lap 2.
Suzuka 1.jpg

Suzuka 2.jpg
On the next lap I tried to fight back with the help of DRS but I pressed the wrong button and activated the pit limiter instead. I lost about one second. That meant I was now out of DRS range. Needless to say this wasn't the start I had hoped for. We were both pushing hard and it took me about 10 minutes to get back within DRS range. About 25 minutes into the race I finally managed to overtake Ismail in turn 2.
Suzuka 3.jpg

Immediately after the overtake I decided to pit to avoid being undercut. Ismail had the same thought and followed me into the pits.
Suzuka 4.jpg

I managed to build a gap of just over one second after the pit stops and I tried my best to maintain that gap but Ismail was too fast and quickly caught up with me. Both of us had a few hairy moments trying to find our way through traffic.
Suzuka 5.jpg

In the last ten minutes of the race my front tyres had completely disintegrated and Ismail was closer than ever.
Suzuka 6.jpg

One the last lap Ismail attempted to overtake me at the chicane, we made contact and I had a bit of a slide.
Suzuka 7.jpg

I think the nerves of my first league race got to me as well! Started P17 and I braked in plenty of time for T1 but for some reason forgot to turn the wheel and went skipping over the gravel. Rejoined in 28th and had some good scrapes coming through the field, but every time I’d make progress I’d make a mistake.

Had a great scrap with @Nobkins for most of the race which was fun, just so hard to pass at Suzuka even with DRS! Also had some contact with @Daniel Nieto which seemed like a “racing incident” but unfortunately he came of worse from it. Sorry buddy!

Finished up P18 so I’ll take that considering how many excursions I had :redface:
Hey Jon! Totally a race incident, don't have to appologize for nothing, in fact I spun at the next corner lol.

Congrats for your great and clean race man! Hope to see you in the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 272 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 220 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 147 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.1%