2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Renault is dead.

GoCar-7527.jpg

Last edited:
https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

i would like anyone asking for a penalty to read this carefully. not a defenite answer on corner exit with inside-overtakes but we can read the following:

"If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision.
f1_outside_behind.png

In this case, the driver on the inside is free to drift out towards the outside on exit. While they are expected to approximately follow the racing line — but not exactly, since they enter the corner on a tighter trajectory to a normal racing line — they have some freedom in selecting how aggressively they close out the other driver. Just how aggressive they can be falls into perhaps the most controversial gray area in modern racing."

and yes, max had the right to the racing line:
A. Attacker more than half-way alongside
f1_apex_a.png

In this case, the attacker is definitely more than halfway past the defender at the apex. The attacker has the right to the racing line. A collision at the apex is entirely the fault of the defender.

this is hard but fair racing, end of story

I wonder why when Gasly looses power he losts his pace and when Verstappen said that he lost power, he is faster.
Unsportiv?

i would like anyone asking for a penalty to read this carefully. not a defenite answer on corner exit with inside-overtakes but we can read the following:

"If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision.
f1_outside_behind.png

In this case, the driver on the inside is free to drift out towards the outside on exit. While they are expected to approximately follow the racing line — but not exactly, since they enter the corner on a tighter trajectory to a normal racing line — they have some freedom in selecting how aggressively they close out the other driver. Just how aggressive they can be falls into perhaps the most controversial gray area in modern racing."

f1_outside_level.png

If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside.

If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision.

Mind posting this aswell?
Since they touched with the front wheels they were clearly side by side and on same height.
Or did you just want to post the stuff that underlines your opinion?

f1_outside_behind.png

Well, Max didn't really turn in like on this pic. You can see Leclerc backing out steering to the left but Max kept going straight. Banging his wheel forcing him off track.

It's hard racing and a racing incident. But if Seb gets 5s pen this should be too. Rewrite the rules after the season. But right now they have to use the same consistency as since the Montreal-situation.

Like I said, it's lose/lose for the stewards.

I wonder why when Gasly looses power he losts his pace and when Verstappen said that he lost power, he is faster.
Unsportiv?
RBR instructed Verstappen to change something on his wheel, probably overriding a safe guard which was alarming and limiting engine power. Horner also explained on F1 TV that is was an exhaust sensor causing the 'reported' loss of power

Great racing, but now we see the real consequences of Montreal...
If they take away the win from Seb, they have to do the same thing with Max.
FIA really f... it badly in Canada and now beyond.

You cant compare Montreal incident with this one in Spielberg. Max has done everything right...while Vettel lost his car. But IMO was the penalty against Vettel a crap decision and just stupid from FIA. Let them Race!

We've witnessed the best race so far this season; great battles and clean fights.
Verstappen drove his 2nd best race so far (after Brasil 2016) and is absolutely the man of the match. Great race from him. Hopefully the stewards won't interfere in the Verstappen/Leclerc incident; not even worth to investigate, that's racing!
If there's anyone out there who thinks that F1 is boring, I believe they've got their confirmation today.

Two totally unrelated situations should not be compared. Apples and Pears my friend.

Sorry for not expressing myself that good as English isn't my mother tongue.

The incident isn't comparable indeed but with Sebs penalty they "followed the letter of the law". If they "follow the letter of the law" again here (forcing driver off the track) it's punishable.

f1_outside_level.png

If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside.

If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision.

Mind posting this aswell?
Since they touched with the front wheels they were clearly side by side and on same height.
Or did you just want to post the stuff that underlines your opinion?
so neither of our points are valid then. if they're side by side max isn't behind or in front, so then what? you tell me. even if max is just slightly in front (which he was, watching the replays) he has the right to the racing line

so neither of our points are valid then. if they're side by side max isn't behind or in front, so then what? you tell me. even if max is just slightly in front (which he was, watching the replays) he has the right to the racing line

Yes that was my point! Because you just posted the image that fits your narrative.
Neither your, nor my image fit the situation.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 5.3%