2022 Performance Mod Beta

Misc 2022 Performance Mod Beta 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm considering whether to upload version 1.2 or not. The version is based more on the qualifying result from the Bahrain GP. Or whether I still wait for the race.
If I may give you a piece of advice, maybe it's better to publish less version but more stable and committed to stay, this is what I would do.

I checked the values of your mod and will do some testing! I think I will rather rebalance everything without adding aero or drag. I will wait until the end of the race to have any idea.

I didn't add new values. Just adjusted the order according to qualifying. For example, the AlfaRomeo values are swapped with the McLaren values and vice versa.

Just did a little test lap with the RedBull at the Bahrain racetrack. Time was 1:30:2XX. It's definitely possible to drive even faster. In curves you can go full throttle, that's crazy.

It's just a very early version of the mod. Now it's time to optimize and find the right values.

I'll wait a few more races. And try to find the time to test the mod personally.

If I may give you a piece of advice, maybe it's better to publish less version but more stable and committed to stay, this is what I would do.

I checked the values of your mod and will do some testing! I think I will rather rebalance everything without adding aero or drag. I will wait until the end of the race to have any idea.
That's basically what I did. Changed the min and max drag value. And the aero increases. In some cases maybe a bit extreme. Everything would have to be balanced. I also increased the total weight. My idea was that the extra weight would make them slower. To compensate and get lap time back I lowered the drag and increased aero. So that you gain time on the straights and curves.
Would like to be able to build in the effect that there is less downforce in slow corners. But I still have no idea how.

If you like, please let me know what your testing results are.

@Shoya_525
That's basically what I did. Changed the min and max drag value. And the aero increases. In some cases maybe a bit extreme. Everything would have to be balanced. I also increased the total weight. My idea was that the extra weight would make them slower. To compensate and get lap time back I lowered the drag and increased aero. So that you gain time on the straights and curves.
Would like to be able to build in the effect that there is less downforce in slow corners. But I still have no idea how.

If you like, please let me know what your testing results are.
I will try to test it next week :) :)

Just finished watching the first race! I think is better to have 3 or 4 tiers to have more teams battling together.

Tier 1: Ferrari - Red Bull - Mercedes
Tier 2: Haas - Alpine - Alpha Tauri - Alfa Romeo
Tier 3: Williams - Mclaren - Aston Martin

Just finished watching the first race! I think is better to have 3 or 4 tiers to have more teams battling together.

Tier 1: Ferrari - Red Bull - Mercedes
Tier 2: Haas - Alpine - Alpha Tauri - Alfa Romeo
Tier 3: Williams - Mclaren - Aston Martin
Thanks for your feedback. That's the next step. Balancing the performance of the teams.

After the crazy race I see the order like this:

RedBull
Ferrari
Mercedes

Alfa Romeo
Haas
Alpine
AlphaTauri

McLaren
AstonMartin
Williams
Engine
Tier 1
1. Ferrari (598) Honda (590) Mercedes (586)
Tier 2
Renault (585)

I still have to see how I can implement this in the mod. Or whether the engines are closer together in terms of performance.
But Ferrari seems to have one of the best engines again.

Thanks for your feedback. That's the next step. Balancing the performance of the teams.
I agree, the balancing is going to be difficult because you want all cars in each tier to be as close as posible, but at the same time you want each tier to be a little separated from each other.
Putting a team substantially slower compared to the others at their tier isn't the best idea because maybe a driver is not pushing the car to the limit (like latifi) so in theory it would make williams the worst team, but albon pushed it really well and made up for that **** run from latifi to at least be the 8/9th best team. In my opinion, to solve this dilemma for all other teams, it's best to balance tiers as closely as possible.

I agree, the balancing is going to be difficult because you want all cars in each tier to be as close as posible, but at the same time you want each tier to be a little separated from each other.
Putting a team substantially slower compared to the others at their tier isn't the best idea because maybe a driver is not pushing the car to the limit (like latifi) so in theory it would make williams the worst team, but albon pushed it really well and made up for that **** run from latifi to at least be the 8/9th best team. In my opinion, to solve this dilemma for all other teams, it's best to balance tiers as closely as possible.
Yes agree with you. The first thing to find now are values. Which you can then classify into tiers. So you know the value of X versus the value of X it brings to this tier.
The top three should get very similar values. Where only one difference is between 005 or similar. Where the drag can still make a difference.

In midfield it would be just as tight among the teams. Just a certain distance from the top three. Midfield Car 05 value worse than top three car in a value, as an example. So that these become two tiers.
It is best if there are only two tiers. So that the midfield is close together and the top three are recognizable.

The easiest thing would be to find the values for the best team at the beginning. And then for the worst. Then you have two points where you can find the values for the other teams between them.

Well before the task comes. Which performance values reflect the performance of the new season. So how high does the aero value have to be to reflect the current downforce performance. And how much drag is minimum and maximum needed.
Means a lot of testing.

At the moment the values for the mod are very high and therefore perhaps a bit extreme.

Hey man.
One question. If I have another mode installed also with Modular mods(2022 liveries skins), this performance mode should work too if I use the Modular mod type of instalation, right ? xD

Hey man.
One question. If I have another mode installed also with Modular mods(2022 liveries skins), this performance mode should work too if I use the Modular mod type of instalation, right ? xD
As long as you use modular mods it works with other mods too.
With modular mods, livery and performance are separate ERPs.

Last edited:
when this update coming out?
I took a few days off. Had tested the mod myself before the weekend. In F1 2021, the overall driver rating makes a much bigger difference than car performance. So even though Mclaren had the third worst car, they were still able to finish in the top 10. And Hamilton, although RedBull and Ferrari are significantly better, qualify for pole position. Was a bit frustrating. Have to see how to solve this.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%