2023 GTWC America 992 GT3R PACK || 4K

Skins 2023 GTWC America 992 GT3R PACK || 4K V0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is the new Porsche 992 GT3 R encrypted? URD encrypted their 2021 GT500 cars, which completely turned me away from buying any of their new cars... And even worse, I saw something on their social media that said they would be encrypting every new car from then onwards... Ugh...! :mad:

Encryption is horrible... I don't think the encryption thing with CSP should have been started at all, because it just killed the spirit of AC modding for me... I like to make my own personal tweaks to things like the gearbox, shift light patterns and other simple things, but encryption prevents me from even looking at the values... Open modding is more my style, where I can make tweaks if I want to, like if the gears don't feel right, or if the shift lights don't match my shift points.

I don't release my tweaks anywhere online because I don't want to get backlash, but for most cars, I just duplicate the folder with AC Car Tuner so the tweaks are separate from the original car

Last edited:
Is the new Porsche 992 GT3 R encrypted? URD encrypted their 2021 GT500 cars, which completely turned me away from buying any of their new cars... And even worse, I saw something on their social media that said they would be encrypting every new car from then onwards... Ugh...! :mad:

Encryption is horrible... I don't think the encryption thing with CSP should have been started at all, because it just killed the spirit of AC modding for me... I like to make my own personal tweaks to things like the gearbox, shift light patterns and other simple things, but encryption prevents me from even looking at the values... Open modding is more my style, where I can make tweaks if I want to, like if the gears don't feel right, or if the shift lights don't match my shift points.

I don't release my tweaks anywhere online because I don't want to get backlash, but for most cars, I just duplicate the folder with AC Car Tuner so the tweaks are separate from the original car
the reason they get encrypted is because of theft. some groups rip models and data from the paid mods, and either give them out for free, or put them behind a paywall

the reason they get encrypted is because of theft. some groups rip models and data from the paid mods, and either give them out for free, or put them behind a paywall
I can understand that part, but I don't steal anything myself. It's not my style to steal things. I like to get mods the proper way.

Last edited:
Hey, i am buying the new mods by URD for a while now but i dont see that the files are encrypted so it should be safe.

If it again happens then they will release something or you can report it right away.
The 2021 GT500 cars and the new Porsche 992 GT3 R are encrypted though... If encryption becomes the norm for AC mods, I might just have to leave AC entirely and look elsewhere :( I have my own preferences that I want to cater to with mod cars, but when the files are encrypted I can't even look at the values to see if something looks off :cry:

Last edited:
I wish there was a racing sim like AC in terms of ease of modding, but with protections against the bad things (A way to blacklist low quality mods, prevent stealing, etc), while not hindering people like me who like to make tweaks to cater to their preferences. Me changing things doesn't mean I'll put them online :(

Last edited:
use these for the #28

Attachments

• 2020 gtwcam bumper pro.png
    2020 gtwcam bumper pro.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 40
  • gtwcam pro.png
    gtwcam pro.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 40
  • NUMPRO2023.png
    NUMPRO2023.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 35