rF2 2h WEC @ Nürburgring 24h - Saturday 31st January 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Should be 4 Laps. I am sorry if it's close the fuel numbers were dailed in on much shorter tracks. The Corvette had been updated already. Maybe a bit less downforce can help as well as it makes fuel consumption a bit better sometimes. If you have to save fuel, it will be 100% fixed for the next event.
I could provide a fix tomorrow, but I dont know, if it would be too much of a hassle for @Daiman Patel and @Gijs van Elderen that short before the race to set everything up 100%.
Its no problem Freddy. Ill get my race engineers onto it.
I can possibly save some fuel slip streaming behind the Camaro on the long straights;)

Should be 4 Laps. I am sorry if it's close the fuel numbers were dailed in on much shorter tracks. The Corvette had been updated already. Maybe a bit less downforce can help as well as it makes fuel consumption a bit better sometimes. If you have to save fuel, it will be 100% fixed for the next event.
I could provide a fix tomorrow, but I dont know, if it would be too much of a hassle for @Daiman Patel and @Gijs van Elderen that short before the race to set everything up 100%.

As long as you can get a fix out today or tomorrow then I will have enough time to be able to create a new vmod and setup the server again without causing much inconvenience to anyone. :thumbsup: Just let me know when you have completed and uploaded the update. :D

IMPORTANT

Read this part very carefully - failing to comply will result in a penalty!

New rules have been added regarding pitting during the event. Please look here, where you can find an explanation of these rules. Each of these rules has also been posted below, with a corresponding video.

IMPORTANT

1. Normal pit stop (how you should do it):
After you exit the last corner of the Nordschleife keep it on the right side of the track you will see a white line coming up. Keep the car right of the white line, but close to it and enter the pit by going between the cones and barrier on the left and the tire stack on the right. Bring the car down to the pit speed limiter before the white pit entry line.

IMPORTANT

2. Damage on GP track - Lap 1 emergency pit stop:
It's almost inevitable that an incident will occur between some drivers in the first few corners. If you have damage it is advised to enter the pits from the GP track, so that you don't drive the whole Nordschleife with a damaged car - the circuit is lengthy, undulating, tight and twisty, which can be a danger for you and others if you are carrying damage. To enter the pits from the GP track go a bit slower through the NGK chicane. Make sure there is no one close behind you, who could get caught out by your slower mid-corner speed. After the chicane keep it to the right and immediately enter the pit lane, so you don't get in the way of other cars. You will cross Start/Finish in the pits, but it will not count as a lap in the race session, so your first official race lap will start once you exit the pits.

IMPORTANT

3. Emergency pit stop during the race:
You may forget to enter the pits from the Nordschleife and you might be short on fuel or have damage, so you might want to make an emergency stop as described in chapter 2. The only difference now is that there are cars that may be entering the pits coming from the Nordschleife. They will be going at speed at the point where the Nordschleife and the GP pit lane meet up, and the cars on the Nordschleife have the right of way. It is your responsibility to not cause any danger to others when taking this route. You should check your car position indicator, look to the left, bring the car to a stop, and maybe even take the grass for the first part, so you can see oncoming cars from a greater distance. This route should only be taken if a lap around the Nordschleife would be dangerous, else it is forbidden. If you cause an incident during this attempt to make an emergency stop it will be handled as a breach of the golden RD rules and will most probably result in a 30 day race ban.

@Frederic Schornstein
@Daiman Patel
RE GTR1 Fuel.
I did another test without the lap of the sprint circuit at the beginning.
It was 16 litres.
I also did a 4 lap run WITH the sprint circuit as a warmup lap (which wont happen in the race).
I ran out of fuel just before the car park and entry for the tourist circuit. So 3 litres would have got me home -just.
So its good for 4 laps. Some traffic will help too I guess.

So no need to change it.

EDIT;
But will the race distance divide evenly into 4 lap stints:geek:

Last edited:
4 Laps are around 34mins, so you got a stop at 34min, another at 68min, and the last at around minute 100 and then there are about 20 minutes left to the finish, so its not 100% even :)

But you have to consider as well the time when youre pitting, how long does a stop take? someone knows?

4 Laps are around 34mins, so you got a stop at 34min, another at 68min, and the last at around minute 100 and then there are about 20 minutes left to the finish, so its not 100% even :)

But you have to consider as well the time when youre pitting, how long does a stop take? someone knows?

There is a random variable that can add up to 15 sec or so.
Today my test stop for 4 tyres and 65 litres fuel was 38 sec.

@Frederic Schornstein
@Daiman Patel
RE GTR1 Fuel.
I did another test without the lap of the sprint circuit at the beginning.
It was 16 litres.
I also did a 4 lap run WITH the sprint circuit as a warmup lap (which wont happen in the race).
I ran out of fuel just before the car park and entry for the tourist circuit. So 3 litres would have got me home -just.
So its good for 4 laps. Some traffic will help too I guess.

So no need to change it.

EDIT;
But will the race distance divide evenly into 4 lap stints:geek:
Thanks for info, so I dont have to upload all the stuff again. After the race some adjustments will be mafr anyway and I will add a few litres just to make it a bit more save for the next events ;)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 255 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 205 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%