rF2 397 GT3 @ CTMP - Friday Oct 18 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Apart from the scripted weather not working I had a great race and really enjoyed a wet track ..will certainly be doing it again :thumbsup:

Many congrads to the podiums, great driving :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and of course to all the drivers that finished

If I do not see you on Saturday, I will see most of you next Friday for our special :thumbsup:

Sorry @Craig Dunkley for the hit. I tried a small gap but I should have been patient. The Bentley isn't very quick but neither am I.

For what its worth, I did notice on/off light drizzle lasting only 2 seconds

Last edited:
Sorry @Craig Dunkley for the hit. I tried a small gap but I should have been patient. The Bentley isn't very quick but neither am I.

For what its worth, I did notice on/off light drizzle lasting only 2 seconds

Not a problem at all mate, I know you would not deliberately do it :thumbsup: :poop: happens most of the time that is racing, it could have easily been me hitting you...

Last edited:
Of course I won't complain... I took the start with softs thinking it might be a gamble! :D

If we could get a random weather, that would be great! It mixes thing up for everybody. Of course not each time, but once in a while it is fun.

Thanks for the race @Craig Dunkley That was a great idea nevertheless! :)

And congrats! @Stephen Gibb Really well done! :thumbsup:

Yeah random weather, so I have no clue either ..I think random weather would be better than a working script :thumbsup:

If only I had gambled and gone with a set of mediums. Softs appeared to deg a bit too quickly.
Plus I messed up big time with my fuel calculations so pitted once for a tyre change from wets and then a splash and dash right at the end in the last few laps.

Seriously great track and even just starting wet was a lot more fun than the usual dry weather running.
Really appreciate the idea @Craig Dunkley , worth getting up at 3am for that's for sure!

Great idea and awesome track, thanks for hosting Craig et al.!
Would have loved to actually race but I had a VR crash during formation lap.. Really hope I didn’t hit anyone as the car kept on driving and I heard/ felt contact but could have been the wall. Really bummed about this.

Any other VR users suffering from issues this race?

I did wonder why you left ...that is a bummer ..better luck next time m8

Yea I have no idea what happened, first it started showing me last and I was 9th at that point, I could still see other cars and then suddenly it said "connection lost". This has never happened to me before.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back