Resource icon

Tracks 3D Trees for Brands Hatch with TreeFX 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Use 7zip and open (not extract) the trees BIN file, in there you will see a tree.ini

Open it up change it to whatever distance you want, higher numbers in your case…

Save file, close notepad, it will prompt you if you want to update archive or something, which you’ll also click yes to.
what is the actual entry for that?

Using one single tree model really breaks the organic look of the environment...

And the earlier versions with wacky colored trees didnt do much for me either. Original 2D/Y mesh look better im afraid.

I suggest you take the time on your projects and give them way more effort, because this is what's achievable:

View attachment 672483

6 tree models, with proper LODs, single textures (bark and leaves in one), tight LOD distances and forced billboards for everything after the first row or 2. Wasnt quick... thats for sure.

Can't see any entry with that in the ext config
It's not in the ext_config.ini, it's inside the .bin files in the trees folder. You have to open the .bin file with 7zip. Inside you will find a tree.ini file with the tree settings. You can take as an example the differences across the .bin files I provided with the mod.

Using one single tree model really breaks the organic look of the environment...

And the earlier versions with wacky colored trees didnt do much for me either. Original 2D/Y mesh look better im afraid.

I suggest you take the time on your projects and give them way more effort, because this is what's achievable:

View attachment 672483

6 tree models, with proper LODs, single textures (bark and leaves in one), tight LOD distances and forced billboards for everything after the first row or 2. Wasnt quick... thats for sure.
Hi John,
Thanks for taking the time to give a detailed feedback. It made me question my priorities, and now I try to spend more time on optimization. On the tree model side, I have to make do with the models provided with publicly released mods, and I don't have the skills to create new ones (nor the time to learn how to). I updated the program that generates tree positions , and now i can adjust tree density to gain performance. I also try to adapt LOD depending on the distance from the track road (sometimes tricky).
With these ideas in mind I updated the mod (v1.2), do you think you could try it?
Regards, Sam

Morisan its not a performance issue it that no trees show up and its all black where the trees are.
I drop the trees folder and extention ini file in extention folder of the Spa folder so i did what you said but its not working. How can i get the trees to show up?

Really. I give up with that treefx. No performance update, nearly all leafs are white. Looks rubbish, sorry. And a pity that you hide behind that shitty patreon, so no further trials possible since I don´t want to pay for this mediocre stuff.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 256 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 204 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.1%
  • At a friends house