AC settings for VR with Pimax 5K Super, i5-8600k and GTX1080ti

One last update

Turns out the Klerm Pure config file is not as good as I thought. I only tried it at Spa and it was OK but at other tracks it is over-exposed/too bright.
So I have gone to the supplied pure_config_VR.ini or pure_config_VR_ppOff.ini files (I just compared them and they are actually identical), but they are still too flat.
Need to learn up on Pure Config settings to get it halfway between the supplied ones and Klerm one.

I will say however that with Pure Config I don't really see a need for those pesky frame dropping PP Filters :)

Last edited:
i figured out how to make standard pure config look good
just have to up the Light -> Reflections Level = 2
and I also noticed that I didn't have any car VAOs downloaded in CM so I went ahead and did that for all 176 cars.
my poor little 1080ti is crying for mercy but I am crying for joy :)
seriously it looks so good I think I can delay the upgrade to 3080ti and Pimax Crystal Light for another year at least !!

Last edited:
Definitely last update ;)

Changed Nvidia settings :
Anti Aliasing Mode = OFF - this seemed to make it better than any other AA setting I have tried
Low Latency Mode - ON - less CPU Utilisation
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimisation = ON - 3fps increase
Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames = Use the 3D Application Setting and AC set Max Frame Latency = 1 - this reduced the ghosting effect I was having even at 80-90fps

Pure Config still running standard pure_config_VR with just Reflections Level = 2

This along with details in Post #20 is giving me high 80s FPS and a gorgeous stable image but GPU is running at 99% and high 80s temp. I can live with that until my watercooler gets here :)

Definitely saved me from having to upgrade Graphics Card until I can save enough for both a new card and Pimax Crystal Light but now there is also no hurry !!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 40 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 46 12.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 130 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 225 59.1%