ACC Build 3 Released: Adds Multiplayer, Paul Ricard and BMW

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest Assetto Corsa Competizione build is now live!

Adding a new car in the form of the BMW M6 GT3, a new laserscanned version of the Paul Ricard circuit and a first pass at multiplayer functionality, this is indeed a big day for the team over at Kunos Simulazioni as they move into the third stage of Early Access with Assetto Corsa Competizione.

As well as the new content added to the core title, today also brings a rather significant sized change log of fixes and amendments to the game. Well worth a read to understand some of the level of commitment being undertaken by Kunos at this early stage of development for ACC, the full update notes can be seen below:

• New BMW M6 GT3
  • New Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
  • Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
  • New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
  • Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
  • Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
  • Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
  • Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
  • Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
  • Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
  • Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
  • Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
  • Fixed values on setup screen
  • Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
  • Improved start assist
  • Improved TC logic
  • TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
  • Improved pitlane limiter function.
  • Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
  • Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
  • Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
  • Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
  • Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
  • Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
  • Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
  • Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
  • Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
  • Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
  • pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
  • removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
  • Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
  • textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
  • minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
  • Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
  • New audio device selector in audio options
  • Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
  • Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
  • Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
  • Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
  • Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
  • Events poliphony optimization
  • Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
  • Minor audio fixes
  • Performance optimizations in the game thread
  • Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
  • Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
  • Fixed drivers without helmet in VR

With ACC now having reached the third update release, the title has bumped up in price accordingly. Any new adopters of the game will now have to pay a still very reasonable £29.99, and can pick the title up from the Steam platform for PC systems. Kunos have not yet revealed if the game will be moving to console in future, with more news on that subject expected when development matures heading into 2019.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now.

ACC Release 3 Update.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Everyone chooses his own view, I'm absolutely OK with it .... I already used it at the time, but I definitely chose the cockpit view as my prefered and more realistic one ( Kunos Dashcam is also fine but doesn't allow TrackIR ).

My answer to Brent was just meant to be humoristic.... and surely not a reproach. ;)

But if I had place and money ... that's surely the triple I'd go for, even with ACC.

Also, when you're in a real car your attention is focused on the road, and you forget about the car interior which is impossible to do in sim because your view is so limited.
Before you write a reply slagging it off, why not just try it?
I concentrate on the track and other cars whilst driving cockpit mode in my sims. Same as real life actually. I don't have 3 screens or VR, just track ir5. I have tried bonnet view in some games like Forza, Grand Turismo etc on my kids console so I know what it looks like.;) Actually I do use bonnet view in Dirt Rally because the cockpit view is so woeful.
I use cockpit in all my sims for the immersion factor but I really don't mind what others use. :thumbsup:

Has anyone with triple tried the setting (hidden in the .ini file) that makes the helmet camera look into the corner? I am playing about with its gamma setting and ok, not perfect, but better than no side view!

Frostbite/Cryengine? Anyone, who is an expert in this?
I guess I'll open Pandora's box with this...
Do you know any non DICE game other than Medal of Honor Warfighter which uses the Frosbite engine? And any non Crytek game using successfully the Cryengine? By sucessfully I mean in terms of performance and in a way you can imagine sufficient for a racing sim.
Unity is another option, Nascar Heat 3 uses it ; it's not that ugly imo, but for sure not tremendous. At the moment Unreal Engine based games look better in general, that's easy to convince a developper to use it.

i can guarantee you that you will not be getting 90 fps on them settings in multiplayer or any session with other cars about

i hate it when ppl claim a smooth experience and vr is running well when they are getting 45fps, its like ppl claiming a games frame rate is ok on a monitor when they are getting 30

Never claimed 90 fps....I was testing on the Bentley race which I think is a 20 car grid in the wet. I cant get my render stats to work in ACC but the experience is definately smooth.

The track seems to have a lot of flickering.

Does anybody have experience with the sharpness slider?
It's default at 80% but goes up to 300%.
Big FPS loss there?
Didnt have much time to test yesterday.
Haven't noticed much FPS effect, would assume it's more matter of preference. I ramped it to 120% and it improves clarity a bit. If you push it too high, it will look generally like too much sharpening looks like (bad)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 196 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 127 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 134 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 57 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.1%
Back