ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I run a league and I run the server from a remote desktop so my question is would I need this on the remote desktop or could I put on my pc how would it work?.

For servers, it only uses the servers results files, so as long you can get to them, you are good. Either map the server folder, or copy the results files onto your PC. ACC Server Results Folder points to the folder to monitor. Tick Scan Server results on start just the first time through (I think you might need to restart ACC results Companion)

1596480793831.png

It will scan all results files in that folder and load them in. It makes a note of their name/hash so it doesn't load a file twice. It will then monitor for new/changed file events and load them as they come. If you are always going to have ACC Results Companion running while server results files are being created (or copied to your local drive), then you can uncheck Scan Server results on start as that will read every rsults file on startup each time to see if it has already been processed.

My sessions aren't being marked as wet despite the conditions on every lap being labelled wet. Also some sessions mistake my AMG for the 911 and fail to record any times? Bug or something on my end?

Using V1.6.9. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
My sessions aren't being marked as wet despite the conditions on every lap being labelled wet. Also some sessions mistake my AMG for the 911 and fail to record any times? Bug or something on my end?

Using V1.6.9. Thanks for the help.
I'll run some tests in the wet to see what is going on there.

IIRC, the 911 is car 0, so it looks like the session isn't saving properly. Can you export the diagnostics (right click anywhere in the session list, and select Export diagnostics), rename the zip file created to diagnostics.txt and attach here, then I'll be able to have a look at it

If you want to take a look at a wet session here is one below. Weather was set to heavy rain with just two laps both marked condition FLOODED with wet tyres but the overall session is marked 0 under 'Is Wet'.

Attachments

• diagnostics.txt
    708 KB · Views: 52
Hi, I noticed a problem when trying to backup my ACC userfiles, Results Companion has a file lock on ACCResults.db, so I had to close your app in order to backup my userfiles otherwise it would ignore the file

Could you try to soften the file lock ? Because my backups are automated (OneDrive), I have to manually close Results Companion on each backup cycle

ty

Hi, I noticed a problem when trying to backup my ACC userfiles, Results Companion has a file lock on ACCResults.db, so I had to close your app in order to backup my userfiles otherwise it would ignore the file

Could you try to soften the file lock ? Because my backups are automated (OneDrive), I have to manually close Results Companion on each backup cycle

ty

I'll have a look at this. I keep a shared read lock on the DB while the app is open. OneDrive doesn't like this (I guess it tests to see if it can get an exclusive lock). Just to test this, you can happily manually copy the DB while the app is running.

I'll change the way the DB locks are handled (only obtain them when I need them). It will be a while before I can release this though, as I'll need to be careful not to break anything as it is quite a big change

If you want to take a look at a wet session here is one below. Weather was set to heavy rain with just two laps both marked condition FLOODED with wet tyres but the overall session is marked 0 under 'Is Wet'.

1.6.10 fixes the wet session issue. Note, a session is only flagged as wet if you run wet tyres for any part of it.

If you get the mismatched car, ever again, let me know and send the diagnostics before you delete the session, so I can get to the bottom of it

When I try to run the app it shows this, honestly dont know what to fill so I click on Save for automatic configuration as is suggested, (then the little window pops up where I click yes.
NfoDl3K.png

ARC is not tracking any sessions. Tried it in SP and MP and nothing is being recorded, no times, nothing.
In settings ACC documents folder is set correctly
Tried reinstalling ARC - did not help

When I try to run the app it shows this, honestly dont know what to fill so I click on Save for automatic configuration as is suggested, (then the little window pops up where I click yes.
NfoDl3K.png

ARC is not tracking any sessions. Tried it in SP and MP and nothing is being recorded, no times, nothing.
In settings ACC documents folder is set correctly
Tried reinstalling ARC - did not help
Set the port to 9000 and connection password to asd (just in case youi want to use Crew chief later), then it should be able to connect to ACC

Hi Doug,
Spotted a small bug, logging properties always set debug and broadcasting log on. If you untick these options, they are back on next restart.
And this one is just to be nitpicking ;) version number is out of splash screen when third part contains two digits.

Otherwise no issue in recorded session since a long time, everything is working fine.

My log is spamming the following:View attachment 396860

Not good :cautious: - I think one other person has seen this but I can't reproduce at the moment. It looks as though shared memory is not being read properly, or not written properly or even overwritten.

The error you see above (I'll change it to stop spamming, but it is a critical situation) is reading shared memory to ensure this is ACC and not AC and that ACC is running. It also uses it to determine which is the player car (which if it is zeroed, might be why it thinks you're in a 911...which is car 0).

Are you running any other apps accessing ACC shared memory? Clutching at straws, if you see the situation again, can you install the attached quick and dirty test harness (rename to zip, and install the app TestSHM). Start ACC, press Connect button, then refresh (as many times as you want) and it will display some of the shared memory fields. I'd be interested in smVersion in Static (should be 1.8) and playCarID in Graphic

1597080181394.png

Attachments

• Shared Memory Test.zip.txt
    666.1 KB · Views: 54
I usually run ACC + ACC Results Companion + ACC Race Engineer + Crew Chief + FanaLabs + Logitech G Hub

I launch ACC through ACC Results Companion

It is working correctly at the moment.

I will check that it runs correctly each launch, and if it bugs out will post a shared memory screenshot for you.

carModel is display correctly.

working.png

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 7 12.5%