ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Doug: :thumbsup:

The "show summary" issue seems to be connected to the "Results summary" option under "Overlays" settings. Once this is selected, the summary window pops up.
@unpierrot , @omg.imba
Yes...that is correct. You need the Results Summary option checked for the summary dialog to display. It is only really included as a menu option so I can test that it works correctly (ie obeys the settings and provides the correct information). Normally, the pop up displays if required at the end of a session.

BTW, the debug messages were just there when I was developing so I could see that it was hitting the correct code path (ie "End showing pop-up" is just the line after the pop-up is displayed...it doesn't mean it is closing the pop-up)

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.7.0

• Complete overhaul of fuel calculation and screens
    • Fix old and incorrect fuel figures overwhelming current stats
    • Only now uses fuel usage averages on the session (no longer does a lap by lap calculation at display time)
    • Number of sessions/laps the figures are based upon has been updated
    • Manual override of fuel/lap possible
    • Manually add contingency for extra laps to fuel for (replacing Aggressive, Conservative and Ultra-Conservative figures)
    • Estimates should...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion V1.7.0 Released

Headlines:-

Fuel Estimate Overhaul
Some fixes, some user requests and a bit of a UI tidy up. Main thing to note is the previous version calculated the fuel stats on the fly by interrogating all lap to lap changes in fuel. This was inefficient and had the possibility to store bad results, and then magnify them. New functionality only uses the session level fuel consumption (this is calculated when the session is stored). So fuel consumption now ignores sessions before session level consumption was stored (I think I introduced this around April this year). As the query is a lot simpler now, the laps and sessions the figures are based upon should now be correct.

Manual override and estimated laps also introduced.

From the manual...

When a new session is detected, ARC searches previous history and tries to build a fuel recommendation for the upcoming session. If the pump icon is green, the results are calculated from session history. The tooltip will tell you if the history is derived from this track or from this track on another year.

The left hand pane detects the current session while the right hand pane allows you to select any track/car, if you aren’t currently in a session.

The recommended fuel is in the Fuel Estimate text field. The default estimate is based on the fuel required (based on historical consumption figures) to drive the estimated number of laps (rounded up) for the session stint.

1601108699737.png

To add an extra safety margin, you can specify the number of extra laps to fuel for (this is a global setting)
1601108728132.png

If you don’t yet have a session history, or you want to override the fuel usage per lap, click Manual Fuel Override. You can now enter a fuel override (in the Manual calculation side) for the track/car. Note, you’ll need to select the same track/car as the session for it to apply to the current session recommendation. These figures are stored by track/car so you won’t have to remember them.

1601108756814.png

If you don’t yet have any session history (at least 2 consecutive laps are required to get fuel consumption information) for the car, the fuel pump icon will show in red and no estimate will be supplied. However, you could use the manual override using the estimated consumption ACC gives you in the Setup-Fuel page (note however, the ACC estimate can be wildly off, so remember to add spare laps fuel)
1601108774397.png

Fuel Estimate
The fuel required to run for the session duration (based on either the historical or manual fuel consumption) and take you to the end of the lap, plus any spare laps fuel that has been added

Spare Laps Fuel
Adds extra fuel for the specified number of laps

Based on laps
The number of laps the fuel estimate is based upon (the higher the figure, the more accurate it should be)

Based on session
The number of sessions the fuel estimate is based upon.

Optimal Laps
Both Sessions and Car/Track History pages with the optimal laps for the player (theoretical lap based on fastest sectors)
1601108966978.png

Automatic Update Check
When ACC Results Companion starts up, it will now check if a newer version is available. If there is a newer version, the update button (Install latest Update) in the top right will be enabled. Mousing over the button will display the change log for the release

1601109068896.png

You will still be able to download the latest from Race Department manually, or alternatively if you click the update button...
1601109191498.png

..if you click yes, the download will start in the background and save the MSI to .\ACCResults\Packages. Once the download completes, the installer will run and close the app to complete installation.

If you have the latest version, the update button will be disabled, displaying the text Latest Update Installed.

ECU Modes Updated
Honda NSX GT3 added. My main take away from this is how ridiculous high the fuel consumption now is. When I previously ran with the NSX, it was doing something like 2.5L/lap (at Spa), now it is doing > 4L/lap at Paul Ricard. Oh and mode 1 doesn't seem to be the fastest which is unusual

1601109424121.png

• Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (V12)
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3
  • Audi R8 EVO
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Honda NSX GT3
  • McLaren 720S GT3
  • Mercedes AMG GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018)
Documentation has been updated at https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-results-companion-v1-7-0.59827/

Thanks again to all those who have hit the donate button, and also to those of you giving feedback and suggestions

Happy Racing
Doug

Doug, I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding the meaning of some stats in ACR.

In ACC - the game - Zandvoort has a Real Record listed of 1:22.849

In ACR the lowest time I can find when I am in the Session Tab is 1:35.636 for Qualy Record. All the other numbers are far higher, and none come close to touching the in-game number indicated. Am I misunderstanding the source/meaning of the numbers you provide in ACR?

I compared it to times in Monza, and there, the game and ACR both indicate the best time (Qualy Record) is 1:47.842. So those match but not in Zolder. I've not check the other tracks as I wasn't sure if there was something else at play here.

I did double check to be sure I hadn't selected a GT4 car by mistake. The times I quote above are GT3 AFAIK.

Last edited:
Doug, I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding the meaning of some stats in ACR.

In ACC - the game - Zandvoort has a Real Record listed of 1:22.849

In ACR the lowest time I can find when I am in the Session Tab is 1:35.636 for Qualy Record. All the other numbers are far higher, and none come close to touching the in-game number indicated. Am I misunderstanding the source/meaning of the numbers you provide in ACR?

I compared it to times in Monza, and there, the game and ACR both indicate the best time (Qualy Record) is 1:47.842. So those match but not in Zolder. I've not check the other tracks as I wasn't sure if there was something else at play here.

I did double check to be sure I hadn't selected a GT4 car by mistake. The times I quote above are GT3 AFAIK.

ACR records comes from 2019 real race result. Perhaps in game ACC is an overall record based on other year.

@Doug Duthie : I really like the optimal lap info, it's a nice addition. There's an issue with the tooltip on it. As soon as it is shown, it never disappears.

And at every start, I have this error log (but everything is working fine, just used to check logs ;) ).
Code:
[00000001] 2020-09-27 09:15:47 DEBUG ResultsDB.getAllFuelUsage : Getting all fuel statistics
[00000001] 2020-09-27 09:15:47 ERROR ACCFuelUsageStats.AddCarFuelUsage : Exception adding car fuel usage - Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at ACCResults.Fuel.ACCFuelUsageStats.AddCarFuelUsage(ACCFuelUsage fuelUsage) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Fuel\ACCFuelUsageStats.cs:line 37
Caused by :
   at ACCResults.Fuel.ACCFuelUsageStats.AddCarFuelUsage(ACCFuelUsage fuelUsage) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Fuel\ACCFuelUsageStats.cs:line 91
   at ACCResults.Fuel.ACCFuelUsageStats.getAllFuelUsage() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Fuel\ACCFuelUsageStats.cs:line 207
   at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.initialiseData() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 456
   at ACCResults.ACCResultsMainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Forms\ACCResultsMainForm.cs:line 231
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at ACCResults.Program.Main() in E:\Users\Doug\OneDrive\Documents\Doug's Documents\VS Projects\TestApp\TestApp\Program.cs:line 19
Is it due to the fact that my database is not totally filled with relevant information for that calculation ? I think that some couple car,track are still missing in my records.

Last edited:
@MB190E - unpierrot is correct (nearly) - the real race results are mostly from the SRO 2019 season. There were one or two that I had to go back to 2018 as 2019 was wet.

@unpierrot - Yes, you're right. I couldn't get that tooltip displaying at all in test so tried playing around with a few things, then gave up. Now it decides to work and is a bit more broken. Back to the drawing board. That exception looks like I have some test code lying around that blow under certain conditions - I need to work out why you are getting the exception and I'm not. I'll try to put a fix together shortly.

Also, another thing to look out for it is auto fuel estimate never seems to work on the very first session I think (Manual is fine). It seems to be fine after that though

@unpierrot - Actually - that's not it. The test code is benign. It looks like the fuel stats generation is returning null rows and I can't see why at the moment (I've tried upgrading a number of pre-1.7.0 environments and none have the error).

Can you export the diagnostics for me (Session tab->export diagnostics...rename zip file to Diagnostics.txt and post here)

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers, guys. I use the “world record” value in game as a comparator to my own performance which is why I was questioning the difference between ACR and ACC.

Doug, is it worthwhile to give typo corrections as I come across them or is that not your desired focus? I’m not wishing to drive you crazy.

Also, another thing to look out for it is auto fuel estimate never seems to work on the very first session I think (Manual is fine). It seems to be fine after that though

The first time I launched 1.7.0, I saw that empty fuel session recommendation. You'll see associated error log in the diagnostic in ACCResults1.log. But now, even with only one session in game, when I go back to ARC, the tab is filled.

Last edited:
@unpierrot - I've done a quick fix for your issue. It was the debug message and it wasn't as benign as I thought.

Can I take the opportunity to use you to test the new update mechanism (to ensure it works for everyone else and not just me).

Restart ARC, and after a few seconds, the update button in the top right should be enabled. Click it and it should download the new installer in the background (to .\ACCResults\Packages and start the install

1601233781636.png

Thanks,

Thanks for the answers, guys. I use the “world record” value in game as a comparator to my own performance which is why I was questioning the difference between ACR and ACC.

Doug, is it worthwhile to give typo corrections as I come across them or is that not your desired focus? I’m not wishing to drive you crazy.

TBH, I'm not sure where ACC gets it lap records from as they don't always tally with the Blancpain/SRO published figures (last time I checked anyway).

Yes - let me know any typos you find. I'm really prone to them and it drives me nuts. At least they're an easy fix

@unpierrot - I've done a quick fix for your issue. It was the debug message and it wasn't as benign as I thought.

Can I take the opportunity to use you to test the new update mechanism (to ensure it works for everyone else and not just me).

Restart ARC, and after a few seconds, the update button in the top right should be enabled. Click it and it should download the new installer in the background (to .\ACCResults\Packages and start the install

View attachment 409074
Thanks,

Updater works fine. Download and install without any issue.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

• Yearly

• Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events