ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Doug,

again, thanks for your great work!

I#ve got a feedback to this point "BUGFIX: Last lap of previous hotstint creates new session". (I hope thats the reason)

So i was using 15 Min Hotstints for creating setups. For me it was great to see some differences in setups. (e.g. max speed with different wings).

Unfortunately with this bugfix my use case doesn't work anymore... I only have the first hotstint session in Results Companion. The other ones are missing then when restarting the hotstint.

greets and keep up the good work!

Edit: Are you still working on widgets?
Hi,
Someone else reported this also. I have a protection around reconnecting a UDP session too early to prevent getting a full session replayed in duplicate. I think perhaps this is only really relevant for SP Races but hotstints/hotlaps got caught up in this too. I'm testing a fix for this at the moment.

In the meantime, I think a workaround is to completely come out of the session to the ACC main menu before starting a new session to force the UDP session to be properly initialised.

I've not got anything new for widgets, mainly as I've run out of ideas

Widget idea: I think the game breaks down damage to front/left side/right side/rear. In cars where a particular aero location is critical it could potentially be useful to know if the aero damage is in a location that is not key to the setup, based on location? I don't know If its worth the bother, but its an idea.

I have a problem with the Leaderboard pages as of 1.15.1

1) There is a limit to the number of records displayed - 1000 - where I knew that it used to go a lot further. For example for Kyalami, record 1000 is in the 1:42s, or 1:43s, but until the most recent version I knew I could see lap times a lot slower (including where mine are).

2) The left most column (rank) does not display the left most character. I the images attached it's the number, but I dragged other columns to the first position and again the same thing happens.

3) Kyalami 2020 has only a handful of entries. This seems unlikely, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Last edited:
Hi Doug,

thanks for the reply. I'm aware of your suggested workaround, but I would love if it would work the old way. :)

Ideas for widget:
1. small leaderboard: For a race it's important to compare the current pace against your competitors. Show 2 to 3 cars in front and in the back of you. And also show the last 3 laptimes of them. This has far more information I think than some live delta... (you could work with colors also there)
2. Pistop prediction: If you know how many seconds you lose by a pitstop you can do a prediction at which position you land afterwards and also calculate the deltas. so you can easy see if you have "free air" after a stop. (would really help in sprint races)

Greets
luuser

Hi

I use the tool for tracking my own records. But since a few weeks it doesnt work anymore.
Its not possible to select a track - the dropdown shows one empty line - but no track. (tab curcuits)
In leaderboard Track and Cars are empty.
Any idea? I use .NET version 6 due to another tool

Thanks
René

Attachments

• ACCResultsLog.txt
    784.7 KB · Views: 45
Widget idea: I think the game breaks down damage to front/left side/right side/rear. In cars where a particular aero location is critical it could potentially be useful to know if the aero damage is in a location that is not key to the setup, based on location? I don't know If its worth the bother, but its an idea.
Yes...I could add that as optional fields. The damage location is front/rear/left/right for body (ie aero) or for suspension, it tells you which wheel

I think the Aggregate SP/MP in Results Statistics doesn't work.
I see.

You forgot to mention the aggregate by car & track are completely the wrong way around :redface:!

EDIT: Actually - these are the right way round - I'd forgotten what they are supposed to do!

I'll add these to the (long) list of things to fix

Last edited:
I have a problem with the Leaderboard pages as of 1.15.1

1) There is a limit to the number of records displayed - 1000 - where I knew that it used to go a lot further. For example for Kyalami, record 1000 is in the 1:42s, or 1:43s, but until the most recent version I knew I could see lap times a lot slower (including where mine are).

2) The left most column (rank) does not display the left most character. I the images attached it's the number, but I dragged other columns to the first position and again the same thing happens.

3) Kyalami 2020 has only a handful of entries. This seems unlikely, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Hi
  1. Yes...1000 is the default limit. You can change it via the Limit text box on the leaderboard page. You are right though - it isn't logical. If the limit is set to 0, that should mean no limit
  2. Yes...it looks like the contents got shifted (I'm going to blame it on the cats sitting on my keyboard)
  3. I think that is probably correct. Prior to ACC 1.8 I think, ICGT tracks would only run DHD tyres so would default to 2019 track unless the user explicitly set the track. The default track for DHE (and DHA/DHB) tyres is now 2021. So I'd expect very few entries for ICGT 2020. The implementation of track year isn't great now as it effectively means a bunch of different things (ie track surface and tyre type and ACC physics model)

Hi Doug,

thanks for the reply. I'm aware of your suggested workaround, but I would love if it would work the old way. :)

Ideas for widget:
1. small leaderboard: For a race it's important to compare the current pace against your competitors. Show 2 to 3 cars in front and in the back of you. And also show the last 3 laptimes of them. This has far more information I think than some live delta... (you could work with colors also there)
2. Pistop prediction: If you know how many seconds you lose by a pitstop you can do a prediction at which position you land afterwards and also calculate the deltas. so you can easy see if you have "free air" after a stop. (would really help in sprint races)

Greets
luuser
It should now be working in 1.15.2 but test out and left me know if you still have issues. I've done a fair bit of testing now restarting SP sessions and I can't make it go wrong any more.

Quick hint: A quick way of telling if the UDP connection isn't initialised is via the lap times widget. If the last lap is never populated at the end of the lap, you know it is broken.

Regarding overlays
  1. I've intentionally avoided widgets that directly compete with others so far. RaceLabs probably does this a lot better. Having said that, I'll put this on the list as it will probably interest me developing
  2. While this is a good idea, I'm not sure I'd have enough data to do this. I'd need data for pitstop time (just stop and go) for every track for each car class. In addition, I don't think I have access to pitstop choices (ie whether to change tyres, fix damage and the amount of fuel to add). You might want to look at TheBigO's Simulation Control Centre - I believe he screen scrapes the MFD to get this sort of info and he seems focussed on all sorts of strategy tools

Hi

I use the tool for tracking my own records. But since a few weeks it doesnt work anymore.
Its not possible to select a track - the dropdown shows one empty line - but no track. (tab curcuits)
In leaderboard Track and Cars are empty.
Any idea? I use .NET version 6 due to another tool

Thanks
René

It looks like your database is corrupted. Firstly, can you export diagnostics (instructions here). I'll see if I can recover anything.

If you have a backup, revert to that. If your ACCResults folder is on onedrive, you should be able to find a different version of it. If you don't have a recent backup, there will be a backup when you last upgraded. Look in <Documents>\ACCResults\Backup\DB. Find the most recent backup and copy/rename to <Documents>\ACCResults\ACCResults.DB (backup the original first)

Hi
  1. Yes...1000 is the default limit. You can change it via the Limit text box on the leaderboard page. You are right though - it isn't logical. If the limit is set to 0, that should mean no limit
  2. Yes...it looks like the contents got shifted (I'm going to blame it on the cats sitting on my keyboard)
  3. I think that is probably correct. Prior to ACC 1.8 I think, ICGT tracks would only run DHD tyres so would default to 2019 track unless the user explicitly set the track. The default track for DHE (and DHA/DHB) tyres is now 2021. So I'd expect very few entries for ICGT 2020. The implementation of track year isn't great now as it effectively means a bunch of different things (ie track surface and tyre type and ACC physics model)
Thanks for the explanation for item 1. I put in 10000 and now it displays all the sessions again. I thought that 0 meant no restriction so it didn’t occur to me to alter the number, my bad. And you’re most likely correct about the track year mentioned in 3.

Your latest update didn’t fix the feline-induced-font problem :roflmao: but I assume that’s normal as it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the bug fix list.

Regarding overlays
  1. I've intentionally avoided widgets that directly compete with others so far. RaceLabs probably does this a lot better. Having said that, I'll put this on the list as it will probably interest me developing
  2. While this is a good idea, I'm not sure I'd have enough data to do this. I'd need data for pitstop time (just stop and go) for every track for each car class. In addition, I don't think I have access to pitstop choices (ie whether to change tyres, fix damage and the amount of fuel to add). You might want to look at TheBigO's Simulation Control Centre - I believe he screen scrapes the MFD to get this sort of info and he seems focussed on all sorts of strategy tools

I don't know any other tools which do this stuff... I will have a look at racelabs. The simulation control centre does some of this stuff, but it's an overkill and not easy to configure. I don't want to spend so much time on configuring a tool. That's why I love Results Companion so much! Just start and go!

Regarding The Time loss due to pitstop. A first easy beta step would be to let the user just type in the lost seconds somewhere.

greets
luuser

Hello Doug, in the new version I am missing the Tyreset Info "Display Tyre sets", the window popping up is empty. Did you disable the function? I see the data gone on 09APRIL. Somthing must have happened either on ACC or your side then.

Last edited:
It looks like your database is corrupted. Firstly, can you export diagnostics (instructions here). I'll see if I can recover anything.

If you have a backup, revert to that. If your ACCResults folder is on onedrive, you should be able to find a different version of it. If you don't have a recent backup, there will be a backup when you last upgraded. Look in <Documents>\ACCResults\Backup\DB. Find the most recent backup and copy/rename to <Documents>\ACCResults\ACCResults.DB (backup the original first)

Hi Doug

Thanks for the answer. I could fix it with a backup database. But now its corrupted again.
I´ve sent you the diagnostics.
User ID: OqE4t2lGkZNp3qc0UGahVFbZz3Ne4qQx74RNuTeABlQ
Hope you are able to find the issue.

Greetings
René

Last edited:
Hello Doug, in the new version I am missing the Tyreset Info "Display Tyre sets", the window popping up is empty. Did you disable the function? I see the data gone on 09APRIL. Somthing must have happened either on ACC or your side then.
It looks like there is an intermittent data conversion issue (especially with SP Races). This will be fixed in the next update.

Hi Doug

Thanks for the answer. I could fix it with a backup database. But now its corrupted again.
I´ve sent you the diagnostics.
User ID: OqE4t2lGkZNp3qc0UGahVFbZz3Ne4qQx74RNuTeABlQ
Hope you are able to find the issue.

Greetings
René
Unfortunately, it looks like the database has been corrupt since at least 21st February (as far as the logs go back), possibly longer. It is too corrupted to fix with the manual method (via DB Browser). There is a commercial tool to recover SQLite databases but the cost is too steep to be viable.

There's 2 ways forward
  • The last resort is to delete ACCResults.DB and start again. Unfortunately, this means you lose all history, but you should be able to record sessions going forward
    • There is a possibility to get some information back though. If you go to the Backups page, this points to exported files of sessions. I haven't tested this for a very long time but you should be able to replay the backups to get sessions back into the DB. I'm just setting up a clean environment now and I'll see if this still works
  • The other option is to try to work out when the corruption occurred and go to a backup before that (ie earlier than 21st Feb). If you don't have your own backups, look in <Documents>\ACCResults\Backup\DB and copy an earlier version back to <Documents>\ACCResults\ACCResults.DB. You might have to try a few backups until you find a stable one.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 295 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 148 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.3%
Back