ACC V1.6 and 2020 GTWC DLC Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The new 1.6 Assetto Corsa Competizione update and DLC content is now live.
  • 1.6 build update live.
  • Imola DLC live.
  • GTWC 2020 cars DLC live.

Additional Reading | Aris Blog 1: Click HERE
Additional Reading | Aris Blog 2: Click HERE

1.6.0 Changelog

GENERAL

• Added 2020 season with all entries, teams and drivers.
  • Bonus liveries that were previously added in the 2019 season now form part of the new 2020 season.
  • 2020 championship, Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 and Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 available as DLC.
  • Imola circuit available as DLC.
GAMEPLAY
  • New and improved AI algorithms for racecraft and attack.
  • New skill-dependent AI driving error algorithm.
  • AI: removed throttle lift by low-skill opponents when global AI strength is set to 90 or higher.
  • Adjusted AI lines on several tracks.
  • Increased sensitivity for blue flag trigger if a GT3 is behind a lower-class car.
  • Brands Hatch marshal fix.
  • Misano marshal fix.
  • Nürburgring marshal fix.
  • Lumirank: added yellow colour for Silver class cars.
  • Marshal yellow sectors are now created based on centre position and not the starting point.
  • More accurate sector yellow flag alerts.
  • More sensitive yellow flag trigger for cars with stalled engines or facing the wrong direction, even at speed.
PHYSICS:
  • DHE tyres available for applicable tyre dimensions for the 2020 GTWCH season.
  • Provides better feedback and more traction with less overheating.
  • Available when playing 2020 season. Older seasons retain their corresponding BoP and tyre versions!
  • Wet tyre compound tweaks and fine tuning.
  • Revised BoP system (backend) and added support for 2020 season BoP.
  • Added camber limitations for BOP 2020 as per regulations.
  • Global tyre model improvements in realignment forces based on new data.
  • Improvements in the simulation of pressure dependency and its effects on the tyre footprint and related tyre dynamics.
  • Aero yaw simulation improvements.
  • See our blog post on the official support forum for more detailed information on the above changes/improvements.
  • Old setups might need revision and it is generally recommended to run safer setups.
  • Further improvements to the global weather model and dynamic track.
  • Fixed Porsche 991II GT3 R Laguna Seca wet preset.
  • Improved Ferrari 488 GT3 aero simulation
  • Fixed rear brake pads in the BMW M6 GT3 Monza wet preset.
  • Minor revision of collider meshes for certain cars.
  • Adjustments to brake disc consumption (less).
AUDIO:
  • User commands to increase/decrease master audio volume in session (default NUM+/-, remappable).
  • Spotter message added alerting for faster car approaching.
  • Improved spotter message system.
  • New spotter messages for race pre-session countdown.
  • FMod Studio: fixed continuous play/stop events.
  • Thunder sound is now played already when heavy rain is on the forecast.
UI:
  • Replay HUD: added results table overlay and button to toggle it. (sector times not available for lap-per-lap breakdown).
  • Special Events page minor styling adjustments.
  • Leaderboard: minor styling adjustment.
  • Revised manufacturer logos for the UI and leaderboards.
  • MFD: checkboxes toggle using left-right UI binding and ignore the enter/forward UI binding.
  • Freed up the "enter/forward" button for all controllers - so you can bind that to some other driving function as well on the wheel, the pitmenu checkboxes will only toggle with left/right - and in MP the forward/enter button (when pressed on a directinput controller) won't pop up the chat window (with electronics or pitmenu active).
  • MFD: now always visible even when HUD is hidden (using HUD cycle long press), can be hidden by cycling to empty page or long pressing MFD input.
  • Now allows driving with MFD only with the HUD hidden, cycling MFD no longer unhides the HUD.
  • Server list: track season tag is now always explicitly shown.
  • Loading screens revised and removed obsolete track status information.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease FFB gain per car in session.
  • Bindable inputs to increase/decrease master audio volume in session.
  • Global UI styling refresh.
  • Fixed mouse scroll function on the TV Session Time overlay.
  • Localization update.
  • Improved delta and predicted laptime accuracy.
  • User setting in the hud.json added to disable automatic MFD page swap on pit entry/exit:
  • "autoSwitchPitMFD": true/false
GRAPHICS
  • Mirror refresh rate settings in Video Options.
  • Option to set a fixed fps cap, a fixed rate cut based on current fps or "Auto", which is a dynamic setting.
  • Global performance optimizations.
  • Potential fix for virtual mirror clipping with geometry in some car cockpits.
  • Added stop marker in the regular pitstop animation to help with car positioning.
  • Revised pedal animation system and fixed an issue where the throttle pedal would occasionally remain stuck in pressed position.
  • Optimized secondary animations in replay and spectator mode.
  • Fixed National class sticker visibility.
  • Added Lumirank SAS driver info device showing track/car status.
CONTROLS:
  • Added FFB per car setting (default keys are NUM8 and NUM2 to increase/decrease, remappable).
  • Values are stored in a file called "ffbUserSettings.json", it is a multiplier on the global gain you set in the controls settings.
  • Added gamepad rumble effect type enhanced/legacy options, legacy being the rumble implementation used to date.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

Last edited:
I didn't notice any tremendous boosts in VR performance with 1.6, but there is a good thread on the official forum with 3 changes to make to the engine.ini as well as a good .json file. At least, it worked well for me. It doesn't look like AMS2, but it's passable at 40 fps, which I can live with.

I was just reflecting on how blessed I am overall. My country (the USA) has been literally on fire this summer. Many of our states are cranking back up the restrictions, and I know that the UK is going back into full lockdown. It looks like Thanksgiving and Christmas are basically canceled this year. But my family and I are enjoying good health and I have a stable job that I can do from home.

My biggest problems lately have been the timing of the Nordschleife DLC in AMS2 and the performance I get in ACC in VR.

If those are your biggest problems too (or similar) then I suggest you take a moment to reflect on the fact that life is actually pretty awesome.

Making money from DLC looks like easy money for the producers in my opinion.

They should focus on earning money by gaining new players, not by charging same users again.
Easy? i created liveries for games like AC, and ACC, in some cases i was working on a skin during 2 weeks and you believe is an easy work? just think about making 60 liveries, making 3D models, scanned track and apply textures, and still you think is easy? sorry but maybe you must think about what is behind those "easy dlc"

Always very commendable how Kunos offers new content for very reasonable prices and releases complementary patches. Aris & co. is doing a great job there, no doubt.

But looking at the available information, aside from the AI changes there hasn't been the same focus on the - to my mind - undercooked singleplayer. I haven't been able to bring myself to boot ACC up for months, I'd be happy to learn whether the campaign/championship modes and strategic decisions of the AI are improved and are more fun to go up against now.

Early thoughts are that the AI is better although i'm not seeing any passing amongst the AI themselves even at 100% aggression. Would be interested to see what others are seeing. A little disappointed that we can't do mulitclass with the AI yet, but perhaps in the future.
Not very reassuring, that AI doesn't pass each other much is to my mind is one of the issues that make playing a whole season not very fun.

Last edited:
Always very commendable how Kunos offers new content for very reasonable prices and releases complementary patches. Aris & co. is doing a great job there, no doubt.

But looking at the available information, aside from the AI changes there hasn't been the same focus on the - to my mind - undercooked singleplayer. I haven't been able to bring myself to boot ACC up for months, I'd be happy to learn whether the campaign/championship modes and strategic decisions of the AI are improved and are more fun to go up against now.

Not very reassuring, that AI doesn't pass each other much is to my mind is one of the issues that make playing a whole season not very fun.
AMS2 AI isn't that great but they at least race each other and you, that alone makes it a million times better than ACC train AI.

I'm finding that they do a decent job of fighting at the start and for the first couple of laps, but then the passing stops and they go back to mostly a train. I have seen some occasional attempts, but they don't commit and seem to stick in their position after a few laps.

There's also a lot of variance in speed amongst the tracks by the AI, but this is apparently being worked on by Kunos so I think that will get fixed shortly.

Instabuy for me as i love Imola! And what a great price for this content! I've just given it an hour of single practice play, What can i say? Absolutely top notch, The best version of Imola! I love the 2020 488 Evo, The new tyre model improvements are great, This is the best sim ATM IMO ( I own AMS, AMS2, AC, RF2, RRE, Pcars2) Great work Kunos, Please keep it up :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Really enjoying the DLC and updates. Has the SA rating system changed? i have gone from 84 to 77 in 7 races with just 4 small touches! I have also run two 0.5 hour night races in the rain with no contact against the ai with close side by side racing and only gained 1 SA rating so now back up to 78.

Easy? i created liveries for games like AC, and ACC, in some cases i was working on a skin during 2 weeks and you believe is an easy work? just think about making 60 liveries, making 3D models, scanned track and apply textures, and still you think is easy? sorry but maybe you must think about what is behind those "easy dlc"

Making skin etc can be time consuming for amateurs and they are using their free time without pay. That is not an easy job.

But for a gaming company, it can't be that hard which has full time designers etc. Maybe they are getting new designs from the teams as well because of sponsorship agreements.

I don't see anything new except 1 new track in this DLC. And it should be evaluated accordingly.

Modified version of same car is a little difeerent than new content. Rfactor gave them free of charge last month for some cars.

New tire model should be free. I didn't get the point 2020 season was accessible without DLC and because of my previous message would be wrong at that point.

If they charged players during early access, it is normal to expect game ımprovements without charge, like I said before.

Last edited:
Making skin etc can be time consuming for amateurs and they are using their free time without pay. That is not an easy job.

But for a gaming company, it can't be that hard which has full time designers etc. Maybe they are getting new designs from the teams as well because of sponsorship agreements.

I don't see anything new except 1 new track in this DLC. And it should be evaluated accordingly.

Modified version of same car is a little difeerent than new content. Rfactor gave them free of charge last month for some cars.

New tire model should be free. I didn't get the point 2020 season was accessible without DLC and because of my previous message would be wrong at that point.

If they charged players during early access, it is normal to expect game ımprovements without charge, like I said before.
I could be agree with you in some things from dlc, but time is money no one like work for free, so if you spend time making development of a product you at least wait for recover some money to pay your workers or your own spent time.
I agree with you i like all dlc will be free, but i'm happy if my money will help to take more content, both, you and me like the same sure, but just have different ways how this content comes,
Cheers friend

What a weird sense of entitlement this is. You got the game cheaper, that's what early access is about. It's not about getting all updates and new content beyond version 1.0 for free. Wtf?

And i am sure those full time designers work for fresh air and love

If you don't see anything new, except the track, then what is this "new" tire model you are speaking about? Seems like you are contradicting yourself a little bit here.

Besides, it seems like you did not really understand that there are basically two separate changes to the tires.

First you have the overall refinement to the tire general model which applies to all cars, even the existing ones.

Then you get some specific changes to the 2020 car's tires to better reflect the differences between the real life counterparts by pirelli. Which obviously only makes sense with the 2020 season.

Last edited:

Texture work is time consuming whether you're an amateur or a pro, sorry to burst your bubble. New cars need some modelling work which admittedly in these cases is probably a day and then the entire physics generation pipeline going over, which I have no idea about ( it involves baking CfD and then probably massaging that data somehow, I bet that isn't quick ). I have a suspicion the track itself is a rework of the AC one, but that's not even based on a rumour & regardless would still need a fair amount of work anyway.

Not a new tyre model - fixes to the existing one ( very welcome & noticeable fixes ) and 2020 tyre data when it's a 2020 event. Either way I don't remember Kunos *ever* charging for physics, and AC went up to tyre model 10 by the end. Evaluate the DLC vs other ACC dlc - I think it falls a little short for value compared to the other two, but we're quibbling over a couple of quid here.

Oh, easy money is it? New track, two new cars, and the whole 2020 line up and liveries. That takes work - a lot of it.

Oh sod it, I give up. Really would all of you that are complaining about chargeable DLC that's cheaper than a bloody pizza prefer that Kunos dumps the DLC model and goes for yearly full price releases. You know like ACC '18, ACC '19, ACC '20.

So far ACC and all of the DLC has cost me less than a single yearly iteration of the F1 series.

And another thing, SIm Racing is not the cheapest hobby around, and while I do understand there are people who find it difficult to afford, I also suspect there are many of you with not insignificant wheel and pedal setups that are also bitching about paying a tenner or so for some extra content.

Same cars with update doesn't look new car for me.

I couldn't understand of getting new driver names and new decals benefit for the player. Is AI changes behaviour depending on the driver name?

If you have AMS2, you could understand better the developers agenda. Even the AMS has many missing items and bugs, developer is focusing on new DLC packages as priority.

If everybody is happy with pay for upgrade practice, than there is no problem for them. But I am not.

What I still really miss, and I know its a major task to do, is the dinamic racing line (in dry and mostly in wet, where is even more important). And a much greater difference in turns of grip for "racing line" and "off-racing" line on rubberized track when starts raining.
In my opinion thats actually the only thing that I miss.

Really enjoying the DLC and updates. Has the SA rating system changed? i have gone from 84 to 77 in 7 races with just 4 small touches! I have also run two 0.5 hour night races in the rain with no contact against the ai with close side by side racing and only gained 1 SA rating so now back up to 78.
I think there are some things very injustice, when someone hits you back in your car, you lost race and SA, i disagree with this kind of SA system, of course you lost your position but only the drivers who crash must lost SA, maybe it could be better toó if we can use more damage settings and less lost SA points from involved drivers

I have never known such a bunch of wingers moaning at spending a few pounds/dollars/euros. It's a choice you dont have to its upto you. 505 games is a business get over it, go play another sim until they cant afford to pay staff because they give the content away for free. Oh wait I dont like the colour of the car I bought 2 years ago better take it back to the garage and get them to change it for free as they launched a new model with a new colour I like.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 110 69.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 20.9%