Accuforce V2 Pro

I just sold my Fanatec V1, V2.5 and a couple of rims for near cost of an Accuforce but have to wait a couple months.
Just wanted to know what to expect. It's my first DD.
Got a chuckle when I read there's a safe mode for friends.
Oh boy! What am I getting myself into? Lol!

Simcomader lockes up when I click on it. It just flashes and disappears.

Also, AC has the only working brake peddle. rF2, PCARS 1 and 2 and Dirt Rally will not bind the brakes. I'm using the same Fanatec peddles I've been using for years so it has to have something to do with Accuforce?

Are your brakes connected to the AF? Not sure how it could be causing issues for anything other than the wheel/buttons. Particularly odd since one game works.

That rings a bell; I had a similar experience Friday.
After ordering AccuForce V2 DIY, SC4 was installed here in early July and configured for SimVibe only,
but I soon concluded that SimHub ShakeIt was preferable.
When AccuForce arrived and was plugged in, launching SC4 would splash its logo,
then very briefly flash a notification about logging in, after which
SimCommander 4 tab would lurk on the Taskbar, but no window would display.
Hovering mouse pointer over that tab would show a small blank white preview, but nothing else.

I uninstalled SC4, downloaded and installed a fresh version to recover and continue...
Yep! That is exactly what is happening with me.
I was thinking about a reinstall but have been working 7 days a week and struggling with my new triple setup.
Been getting a lesson on HZ and 4k HDMI cables.
I guess 4k really eats up a lot of bandwidth?

AF?
One other question. I'm plugged into a 2.0 USB should I be using a 3.0?

AF=Accuforce :)

I wasn't sure how the SimXperince software would effect the brakes unless you are using the extra USB port on the AF box. I've never done that so I can't speak to whether it would create issues or not.

I'm not sure if it matters whether it's in USB 2 or 3 - I am definitely in a USB 3. If you have one available, it shouldn't hurt.

Apart from some learning curve on my part, the DD Accuforce wheel is very nice. Its another leap in connection to the road for sure. Everything I was hopping for.

But I did have a HZ problem to solve with my new triple 4k screens. They were bottle necked at 30hz and AC was right back to its floaty unresponsive feel. I got a 4k 240hz cable and I have the best connection to road, with the DD, in AC to date.
Unfortunately I found out my 120hz screen is only capable of native 60hz. They calculated 120hz with some kind of smoothing picture software. So be aware. But even at 60hz compared to 30 is night and day. Very drivable now. Just waiting for two more 120hz cables to ship from Amazon.
Frig, are they expensive!!
I had been running in VR for years. Might have to reinstall it to make a direct comparison to the old wheel?
Changing two meager components in your sim rig is probably not a good idea but while I was waiting over two months for my new wheel to ship I built a new triple screen cockpit and used old HDMI cables.
Lol!!

Is it normal for a DD to rattle? I'm thinking I have to adjust something?
The Accuforce is quite rattly in my experience. You may want to play with filter values a bit,
both in SimCommander and in the game settings, especially in AC.
Mine rattles, which can be blamed in part on an inadequate DIY hub clamp,
but might also become a problem with SimXperience's clamp...
FlangedCollar.png

Flanged clamps for industrial applications employ keyways to distribute torsional loads
and pinch bolts that clamp slotted collars to shafts, avoiding rattles.
An AccuForce motor can generate high peak forces, e.g. during calibration,
that may eventually hammer out clearance between motor shaft and alloy hub
secured only by a set screw.

I just ordered a substantial chunk of alloy from which to fabricate a more nearly
industrial-style clamp, seemingly commercially unavailable for 14mm shafts.

I used some pretty heavy angle iron and 1/2 inch bolts and screwed that down to a 2x8. Everything is heavier than the Accuforce plate its bolted to.
The wheel hub seems tight.
It seems to just be super sensitive with some cars on some tracks.
I'm sure there are all kinds of adjustments I'm not aware of?
Lol!

I had the same rattle on my Fanatec CLS Elite wheel. When I say the same, I mean it sounded very similar and occurred in the same situations, where sudden FFB peaks were transmitted with a sharp FFB (FEI setting in Fanatec wheels), mainly over curbs and steps/potholes in the road surface. With the CSL the rattle most likely came from the internal workings, the belts and gears, which the AF doesn't have, so I'm still wondering if the motor rattled around in the housing or if there was some play in the quick release. When I tried to move stuff to see if there was something obviuos, it all was ver soldidly mounted.

I'm sure there are all kinds of adjustments I'm not aware of?
I personally used much more filtering that I'd like to admit to flatten the extremer peaks. I think it was very usable around 20-25% filtered.

I had the same rattle on my Fanatec CLS Elite wheel. When I say the same, I mean it sounded very similar and occurred in the same situations, where sudden FFB peaks were transmitted with a sharp FFB (FEI setting in Fanatec wheels), mainly over curbs and steps/potholes in the road surface. With the CSL the rattle most likely came from the internal workings, the belts and gears, which the AF doesn't have, so I'm still wondering if the motor rattled around in the housing or if there was some play in the quick release. When I tried to move stuff to see if there was something obviuos, it all was ver soldidly mounted.

I personally used much more filtering that I'd like to admit to flatten the extremer peaks. I think it was very usable around 20-25% filtered.
Oh... thanks for that "FEI" setting in Fanatec (I couldn't remember and couldn't check since I sold it lol) would rattle my v2.5 the same way as well.
..... oh why did I change wheel brands and screens at the same time?? I don't know which problem to chase down first!!
Lol!!

Mine rattles
Mine too, but nothing to do with my mount, over kerbs, any sudden bump in the track texture i get a rattley clack.
My fix was to turn smoothing way up in sim commander till it went away, any rattly clacky noise is gone and the FFB still feels fantastic.

This was much more pronounced in RR than anywhere else, it does it in ACC also just not as bad, same again sim commander smoothing up till it goes away.

nothing to do with my mount, over kerbs,
any sudden bump in the track texture i get a rattley clack.

OK, I was unclear; the mount to which I referred is an adapter/hub between motor shaft and steering wheel. My AccuForce is DIY version (no motor housing),
with its motor shaft thru a hole in a solid wood plank to which it is bolted;
no vibration there..

DIY AccuForce does not include SimXperience's steering wheel hub,
and Ascher Racing's alternative adapter clamp became unavailable;
I temporarily employ a weak alternative.
An eBay steering wheel with neither paddle shifters nor button box
leaves basically nothing for the motor to rattle except that weak hub clamp.
There are no rattles when that hub clamp is tight;
when a rattle develops, shimming and re-tightening the hub eliminates it.

If there is absolutely no slack in your wheel hub and quick release,
then rattles may be sympathetic vibrations e.g. in shift paddles or button box.
For FFB amounts I can tolerate, no rattles from the motor itself are detected.

OK, I was unclear; the mount to which I referred is an adapter/hub between motor shaft and steering wheel. My AccuForce is DIY version (no motor housing),
with its motor shaft thru a hole in a solid wood plank to which it is bolted;
no vibration there..

DIY AccuForce does not include SimXperience's steering wheel hub,
and Ascher Racing's alternative adapter clamp became unavailable;
I temporarily employ a weak alternative.
An eBay steering wheel with neither paddle shifters nor button box
leaves basically nothing for the motor to rattle except that weak hub clamp.
There are no rattles when that hub clamp is tight;
when a rattle develops, shimming and re-tightening the hub eliminates it.

If there is absolutely no slack in your wheel hub and quick release,
then rattles may be sympathetic vibrations e.g. in shift paddles or button box.
For FFB amounts I can tolerate, no rattles from the motor itself are detected.
It is a common problem with the Accuforce base, it is coming from the motor on load over kerbs and bumps, lots of facebook post regarding this over time.

The AccuForce does work with Assetto when launched via Content Manager except when the shader patch is enabled I believe.

My own experience has been that, when Content Manager is launched by Sim Commander 4, CSP gets disabled. However, if SC4 connects to Content Manager launched from Windows or Steam, CSP continues running.

Yes, but in CSP, their is a tab where you can prevent CSP from affecting FFB, that su how I am using it, as I happy with the FFB so I do not want CSP to change the FFB.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%