(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys, I need help with the formulas for GPS track map, I just don't get where do I get the values...

Also there was nothing about it in the PDF of the acti zip, so I'm clueless about what data I need

Some help would be appreciated :)

yeah, but in "page 7" one guy said that inside the .rar there was a PDF with all the maths to change the in-game coords to real world (GPS) coords, and i have no idea how to do that cuz in the PDF there were no math formulas.

from pdf manual of package:
  • (Optional) To correctly generate the track (and its boundaries) in i2, first log 3 full laps around the circuit (1 while driving the racing line, 1 while driving the outer edge of the track and 1 while driving the inner edge of the track). Go to Tools->Track Editor...->Generate Track..., select the racing line lap, then select "Lateral G & Speed" under Method and "CG Accel Lateral" as the Lateral G Channel and click "Ok". Go back to Generate Track..., this time select the outer edge lap, "GPS" under Method, the GPS Latitude & Longitude channels, "Outer Line" as the Type and click "Ok". Repeat for the inner edge lap.

In short how I create an gps track map:

start an flying lap
before start/finish, position your car at the outer line
drive around track in low speed (1-2nd gear), stay at the line you want to create
after lap is complete, close logging or return to pit (in-lap)

repeat same for inner line
make sure you do 2 logs, with only the "track-map" lap

make a few laps for the drive-line, to be used for the trackmap (key T)

load your 2 files
index.php

select outer lap
index.php

click generate track in the track editor, select Outer Line, click OK
index.php

select the inner lap, do as above but select Inner Line

Almost all tracks have 3 sectors so I create these Categories and Sections
index.php

After this I save everything, close all data and workspace

Now open the log with the drive line, go to generate track
index.php

For rF2 -> use GPS
For AC -> use Lateral G & Speed

If you do not do this, the Track (T key) with the red dot will be wrong (only in AC, rF2 still works)
I use the Track as an quick "drive line" track map

rF2 and AC Track behaves different so I have an fixed degree on my GPS map in the workspace
and then I always rotate the Track so it show the same as the GPS map.
index.php

To set the sector distance, enter the Track Report tab (or suitable tab) and add beacon or previous sector time. Locate and zoom where the change is indicated on the graph
index.php

index.php

(to select an zoom range, double click to mark start and then click to set end of zoom)

In rF2 -> Delay seems to be 0 to 8m so I subtract that from the distance value
(some rF2 tracks do not have any delay)
in AC -> I use the previous sector time change position

I then enter these values in the track map editor
index.php

Now I save everything again and close all data & worksheets

One comment regarding AC, the ACTI app creating these files do not create an different track
name for variations of the same track, so here you manually have to copy files.
See the Monza66 as an example.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
In short how I create an gps track map:

start an flying lap
before start/finish, position your car at the outer line
drive around track in low speed (1-2nd gear), stay at the line you want to create
after lap is complete, close logging or return to pit (in-lap)

repeat same for inner line
make sure you do 2 logs, with only the "track-map" lap

make a few laps for the drive-line, to be used for the trackmap (key T)

load your 2 files
index.php

select outer lap
index.php

click generate track in the track editor, select Outer Line, click OK
index.php

select the inner lap, do as above but select Inner Line

Almost all tracks have 3 sectors so I create these Categories and Sections
index.php

After this I save everything, close all data and workspace

Now open the log with the drive line, go to generate track
index.php

For rF2 -> use GPS
For AC -> use Lateral G & Speed

If you do not do this, the Track (T key) with the red dot will be wrong (only in AC, rF2 still works)
I use the Track as an quick "drive line" track map

rF2 and AC Track behaves different so I have an fixed degree on my GPS map in the workspace
and then I always rotate the Track so it show the same as the GPS map.
index.php

To set the sector distance, enter the Track Report tab (or suitable tab) and add beacon or previous sector time. Locate and zoom where the change is indicated on the graph
index.php

index.php

(to select an zoom range, double click to mark start and then click to set end of zoom)

In rF2 -> Delay seems to be 0 to 8m so I subtract that from the distance value
(some rF2 tracks do not have any delay)
in AC -> I use the previous sector time change position

I then enter these values in the track map editor
index.php

Now I save everything again and close all data & worksheets

One comment regarding AC, the ACTI app creating these files do not create an different track
name for variations of the same track, so here you manually have to copy files.
See the Monza66 as an example.

Hope it helps :)

i found out that i didn't have the gps formulas by default on maths, so i looked for them in all of the motec projects folder and there they were, once i loaded them it was posible for me to do all the map, thnx a lot guys, problem solved :)

Hi.

When I want to show the current lap time it is only shown in seconds, based on 100. So it counts up to 99 secs., 100,101, etc. Final laptime then eg 113 secs.

How can I change that to mm.ss.ms

Thanks Sascha

Code:
Start an Assetto Corsa in-game session and from the app menu on the right-hand side open
the ACTI Trigger Control and ACTI Trigger Control Settings windows

It doesn't show up on the right hand said after pasting the respective files in
C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents
and
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

Edit: Have to go to Options → General → UI Modules

Last edited:
Hello Guys!

If you have any books, or bigger tutorials about motec i highly appreciate it, if you can send me.
I have several problems with motec:
1. I'm done with a race, but becouse of the pitting, it generated 2 files. How can i stick them together? Then i have more data to work with.
2. Track creating...i need 3 log files, to create? With 1 file, it's not working. (Inner- Outter - Normal line)
3. With excel i can do great calculations on the times, but with motec, how can i find info about using this software to analize?
4. I have a lap time....1:00:00 Sectors: 0:15:00 0:35:00 1:00:00
If i know these from the game, how can i put it to motec? So basically i can set up the track by distances, not with a time, and the sector times with it from the game.

Sorry for my english,
Andrew

Hello Guys!

If you have any books, or bigger tutorials about motec i highly appreciate it, if you can send me.
I have several problems with motec:
1. I'm done with a race, but becouse of the pitting, it generated 2 files. How can i stick them together? Then i have more data to work with.
2. Track creating...i need 3 log files, to create? With 1 file, it's not working. (Inner- Outter - Normal line)
3. With excel i can do great calculations on the times, but with motec, how can i find info about using this software to analize?
4. I have a lap time....1:00:00 Sectors: 0:15:00 0:35:00 1:00:00
If i know these from the game, how can i put it to motec? So basically i can set up the track by distances, not with a time, and the sector times with it from the game.

Sorry for my english,
Andrew

Welcome to the forum.

Here just real quick re. your questions:

Motec tutorials can be found usually on youtube or searching the web for motec and setup tutorials.
Personally I have not read any I can remember but just learn by doing - when I run into an issue I ask people who know and search the web for that specific problem and move on after having learned the solution.

1) You do not need to join any data. You just load all segments of the race into Motec i2 and all your laps from the race will be listed in the Data section (yes, they will appear as separate Race sessions but all laps will be there and all data will be computable for your analysis).

2) I never go through the more complex steps of building track files - I never found this for even very precise setups for Assetto Corsa useful. If your goal is to cross reference with real world data and even overlay your data traces with actual GPS traces and satellite map files you will need to build proper track files.

If you just want to build setups and analyze your driving in a racing sim you may just find this sufficient:
Go to:
Tools / Track Editor... / Generate Track...
Choose Method "Lateral G & Speed"
Make sure the appropriate Data channels are selected when working with telemetry data from ACTI plugin (these are different when using other racing sims and plugins) use "CG Accel Laterl [G]"
Choose appropriate Track Type
press OK
rotate to your liking, etc ...

3) Go step by step.
Use the prepared worksheets that come with the ACTI package first until you are familiar with the software.
Learn to understand the presented data, how to read the data and how to cross reference the data from different channels.

Once you find your way around the software you may start to build your own worksheets, start to learn about using your own math channels (what you refer to with Excel calculations) and dive deep into the data.
ESPECIALLY regarding how to utilize powerful math channel strategies you will find plenty of very good information on the official Motec forum - there people share math solutions, explain strategies to calculate data channels and show solutions to more complex problems.

If you have any specific problem, just ask away.

4) you can switch the time line of the X-axis in time/data graphs at any time between time or distance, which can help you to precisely reference data you see in Motec i2 with data you analyse with other software or data from timing sheets with sector times.

Thanks for the fast replys!

So basically, i need to use the program more, then i'll find the answers.

1. ReAnswer
Yep, motec sees that it's one race, but i can't choose both of them.
Exp.:
1st : 22Laps (1in 20race 1out)
2nd : 21 laps (1in 19race 1out)

What i'm trying to say, i can't click on one and then ctrl on the other one. So it can be:
40 lap race (1in 40 race 1out)
(The bonus lap is the ---1st 1out-2nd 1in---)

That's why i'm trying to merge. I can see how much time i left in the pits, also, compare the whole race, average time to other same (whole) race. Maybe i'm doing something bad? Can someone show? :(

2. ReAnswer
I'm going to record new files, because the one log i'm using is not working, not putting in the inner-outter line just the main one
3. ReAnswer
Nice, so it have the things like excel. I'm going to be happy that i dont have to alt-tab all the time. :D
4. ReAnswer
Problem solved!

Regards,
Andrew

Thanks for the fast replys!

So basically, i need to use the program more, then i'll find the answers.

1. ReAnswer
Yep, motec sees that it's one race, but i can't choose both of them.
Exp.:
1st : 22Laps (1in 20race 1out)
2nd : 21 laps (1in 19race 1out)

What i'm trying to say, i can't click on one and then ctrl on the other one. So it can be:
40 lap race (1in 40 race 1out)
(The bonus lap is the ---1st 1out-2nd 1in---)

That's why i'm trying to merge. I can see how much time i left in the pits, also, compare the whole race, average time to other same (whole) race. Maybe i'm doing something bad? Can someone show? :(

2. ReAnswer
I'm going to record new files, because the one log i'm using is not working, not putting in the inner-outter line just the main one
3. ReAnswer
Nice, so it have the things like excel. I'm going to be happy that i dont have to alt-tab all the time. :D
4. ReAnswer
Problem solved!

Regards,
Andrew
1) I understand what you would like to achieve.
I do not know of any way doing this unfortunately :-(
If it helps, the separate "outings" will always appear within the same event date in the "data" tab.
So say you do a race weekend in Assetto Corsa with practice, qualifying and race sessions and generate telemetry data for all your track time.
You want to just analyze your racing session, you need to ONLY load the separated outings from the race.
They will now appear in your data tab and you can select the outings (Race start to first pit stop - first pit stop to 2nd pitstop - etc).

There is no way I can see or could find for you to join that data after the fact.

As a workaround for this situation you could prevent the ACTI plugin from automatically splitting your sessions (it will auto split your session when you enter the pits) and split your sessions manually ONLY.

This way you will likely have your entire race session in one piece without having to deal with separate files.

The disadvantage is that you may forget to manually split and you end up with messy data - I know I would ;-)

To disable auto splitting in ACTI you have to set the value for "Auto trigger" from "1" to "0".
You can do that while in session in Assetto Corsa or in Content Manager in the Settings/Apps/Acti menu.

As another workaround there may be a way to use Reports to Excel files out of Motec i2 which may help you to join data within Excel but I have never ever used Reports in Motec i2 (I rarely use Motec i2 to analyze entire racing sessions but rather use Motec i2 almost exclusively for setup sessions, hence I also never had really the need to look at and compare whole race session.

I hope this may help to work around your problem.

3) The math functions in Motec i2 work according to a very, very straight forward, user friendly method. Just learn the procedure how the menu system works first.

After you open the Math editor you could be creating for each separate sim racing software a separate "folder" (I have one for rF2 and one for Assetto Corsa). You should keep math expressions separate for each sim as they often times use different telemetry data channel names and math expressions will not work.

Then you simply create a new math expression - you can think of them as a "virtual data channel" that you can shape and form with however many calculations you want.

You choose the appropriate settings for the new channel up top - you can write away in the Expressions window with whatever legal formula you want and insert existing channels, functions, constants etc however you like. It is all pretty straight forward.

Experiment with it for a little, doing simple tasks first and verify that what you did is correct and move from there. The possibilities are near endless.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Now just trying to figure out how to get MoTec to load the data. It opens but shows nothing.

You need to load the telemetry files the ACTI plugin writes to your hard drive into the Motec i2 software.
By default ACTI will write the telemetry files into this folder:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\acti\telem

The actual telemetry files will be sorted into a folder structure sorted by track+car combination.

You can easiest load these files into the Motec i2 software by:
File/Open Log File

Navigate in the newly opened browser to the "telem" folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\acti\telem), select the apropriate track+car combination and select the file/s you want to load.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%