AI Line Helper

Apps AI Line Helper 2022.03.08

Login or Register an account to download this content
Couple of questions: 1. Partial Sidelines works only if already exist a track Sidelines? 2. Is it possible to make a Sidelines into Pits?

1) A "full" side line must exist before you can update a part of it. I should probably call it something like "a partial update of a previously recorded side line". :)

And honestly, I always record both left and right side lines before I start updating parts of either of them.

2) I can't think of any examples where it would make sense for side lines to be in the pit area. A good rule of thumb would be "if it doesn't make sense for the AI to be driving there during a sprint race, then don't include it inside the side lines". I will often draw/drive the side lines without regard for the actual track limits (they quite often do not follow the white/yellow lines on the track). You should give the AI enough room to go two (or three) wide, when it makes sense, but also funnel them when it's sensible. There's plenty of times my side lines will funnel the AI away from parts of the track that real/human drivers would very rarely use.

... 2. Is it possible to make a Sidelines into Pits?

2) I can't think of any examples where it would make sense for side lines to be in the pit area....

2. Pitlane is only one line, it has no "sides", technically speaking there are sides in "pitlane.ai" file, but they are the same as the pitline itself, so as Esotic said: there is no real need or a possibility to change them.

Last edited:
I go to the point: are some days I am struggeling to make a good Pit Lane to Kartodromo Cabo do Mundo without nevere reach a level acceptable (for me). After several attempt the AI cars still continue to crash entering the Pits and going out.
the most strange thing is that despite whatever Pit Lane I set they follow a different line. entring into the pits for example they turn much earlier than my Lane and crash into the barriers.
I also adjusted the surface.ini whihc had a mistake inside but this improved a little the behavior of te AI cars but not fully solved.
I tried to check how the surface was set using Content Manager but without having great information. It seems like the AI see the Pits differently by what it really is , especially at Pits entry.

This __could__ happen, if you have saved (exit game=save) your "fast_lane.ai" right after the first lap. Do not let AC save the fastlane after the first lap! You have to drive at least two laps for it to be correct...

Last edited:
This __could__ happen, if you have saved (exit game=save) your "fast_lane.ai" right after the first lap. Do not let AC save the fastlane after the first lap! You have to drive at least two laps for it to be correct...
usually I register the fast lane with at least three laps depending by track and result but to be honest in this case I kept the original Fast Lane as it was already enough good. My approach is to touch the less possible from teh original and I did this way also in several in other cases without face any troubles.
few minutes ago after yet another attempt using also the hint file I have been able to at least fix the pits entry but not the issue with AI exit from pits .

I would not "draw" the fast lane side lines into the pits at all (red line), as it will probably results in cars running into the barriers (or having to slow down to miss them) on the far side of the pit entrance when they are racing each other.

SideLines_PitEntrance.png

Last edited:
Not sure what's going on but this app seems to have stopped playing well with CSP for me. I've used it regularly for the past year with great success and no issues but now my new AI lines absolutely REFUSE to load-in the side files I've made for them... but only when CSP is active.
With CSP disabled they load in just fine every time after I've baked them in, just as they always have. As soon as I reactivate CSP? New side lines disappear and won't even load in while holding shift. Tried making a new AI line and side lines and baking in the sides all with CSP inactive and then activating CSP only when I've confirmed everything is working perfectly... and they just vanish, reappearing only when I revert back.
Any ideas?

Not sure what's going on but this app seems to have stopped playing well with CSP for me. I've used it regularly for the past year with great success and no issues but now my new AI lines absolutely REFUSE to load-in the side files I've made for them... but only when CSP is active.
With CSP disabled they load in just fine every time after I've baked them in, just as they always have. As soon as I reactivate CSP? New side lines disappear and won't even load in while holding shift. Tried making a new AI line and side lines and baking in the sides all with CSP inactive and then activating CSP only when I've confirmed everything is working perfectly... and they just vanish, reappearing only when I revert back.
Any ideas?
I've been noticing ai folders with more than just a simple "fast_lane.ai" file, and I'm starting to think there's "something new going on" that I'm not aware of. What CSP version are you using? Maybe PM me a link to a relevant ai and data folder so I can investigate further.

Any ideas?
Whether it is my same problem I solved it disabling the "New AI Behavior" in CSP setting. Further as Esotic highlighted to me at that time this setting is mainly to support "traffic" so it is useless for racing

Whether it is my same problem I solved it disabling the "New AI Behavior" in CSP setting. Further as Esotic highlighted to me at that time this setting is mainly to support "traffic" so it is useless for racing

Thank you very much, this worked!

I've been noticing ai folders with more than just a simple "fast_lane.ai" file, and I'm starting to think there's "something new going on" that I'm not aware of. What CSP version are you using? Maybe PM me a link to a relevant ai and data folder so I can investigate further.

I am on 0.1.68. Was previously on 0.1.46 which was fine.

The problem is now fixed and was being caused by 'New AI Behaviour'. I did some trial and error and the problem was specifically caused by 'Cache Generated Payloads' being enabled. All other new AI stuff added with CSP seems to work perfectly fine so I've reactivated it.

Forgot to say: thanks for the app. It's absolutely transformed my offline championships. Would have got bored of racing the AI long ago if not for you.

Last edited:
Please note I've posted a video that demonstrates editing the AI Hints file (with some very minor side line updating)

Hulligan Karting is here:

Reactions: F_B

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%