AI Line Helper

Apps AI Line Helper 2022.03.08

Login or Register an account to download this content
The problem is now fixed and was being caused by 'New AI Behaviour'. I did some trial and error and the problem was specifically caused by 'Cache Generated Payloads' being enabled. All other new AI stuff added with CSP seems to work perfectly fine so I've reactivated it.

Awesome thanks! This was the reason why my sidelines wouldn't bake into the fast_lane without pressing shift each time -> I couldn't share my fast_lane for my track if they didn't have the AI Line Helper.

Now it works flawlessly, much appreciated.

Also big thanks to the dev. I have no clue how I would've finished my track without this tool. It has improved sooo many things and even some modded maps I downloaded which had broken AI!

hi! thanks for your app it helped me a lot to improve the ai behaviour on my track!
but there are some points i still struggling with it like the start,
there is a section on the left side i tried to arrange with the part left of you app but nothing changed

And some other i don't even know what is the problem

you can see at some places of the track boundaries vertical peaks,
i tried to figure out, is it possible some objects too close to the line could affect it?

Sorry for my poor english and if some questions seems obvious but this is my first track and i started without any knowledge in 3d

Attachments

• wireframe.png
    wireframe.png
    614.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1053025

Yes you can still edit in the editor after the CSV files are baked into the ai files by holding shift on load. The nice thing is if you are happy with the edge lines in the CSV you can edit the main centerline in the editor all day and forget about the edges as the correct ones will load from the CSV when holding shift. While recording the edge lines can be a bit of a pain it is 1000x better than editing them in the editor.
Hey, @Lilsky!
Is there a way to permanently bake the side lines from CSVs into track boundaries/edges without holding shift on loading the session?

• Deleted member 1053025

Once you do it once they are baked in and you don't have to do it again. Unless you change the CSV values then you will have to hold shift again.
Thank you for the reply! Yes, that was how things were working for me too - a while ago.

I just read through this thread and discovered that the latest CSP adds some new AI functionality that effectively prevents this baking of side lines into AI fast lane:

The problem is now fixed and was being caused by 'New AI Behaviour'. I did some trial and error and the problem was specifically caused by 'Cache Generated Payloads' being enabled. All other new AI stuff added with CSP seems to work perfectly fine so I've reactivated it.
Regards!

Thank you for the reply! Yes, that was how things were working for me too - a while ago.

I just read through this thread and discovered that the latest CSP adds some new AI functionality that effectively prevents this baking of side lines into AI fast lane:

Regards!
So turn off CSP, bake it, turn it back on?

Regards!
You and everyone using your track with AI lines made with this tool have to disable these two options. There are a few tracks, mine included, out there which tell users to turn these off.

cachegen-png.479971

Btw completely forgot to mention this:
I told Ilja about the bug mentioned above involving caching. He is aware and looking into it.
He might've already fixed it as I told him quite some time ago but yeah, haven't read all of the csp 0.1.76 update logs.

The cache thing is super annoying. I don't think it affects the actual creation of sidelines, but when people have those files in the ai folder, and then attempt to change the ai, the old cache files create problems for the new ai. I've worked on tracks where the modder left his old cache files in, then installed the ai that I created, then uploaded the track to the community. Users then complained about ai problems and it took me countless hours to figure out what was happening. So now, every time I upload ai files, I put a reminder to remove those files, so CM will create new ones, or turn off the options as noted above. I never notice any improvement to loading times with the options on- they only seem to create issues.

Hi,

My left side file won't generate a proper file, it'll bug out on the start line and create this weird line going all through the sky etc, and I can't overwrite it with a new track or the part track, legit just does not overwrite. This happens on every track. Not sure what to do.

I understand that it's recording on the start line then flying off somewhere where I am not.

Also, I have disabled the AI Extension on CSP.

Last edited:
Hi,

My left side file won't generate a proper file, it'll bug out on the start line and create this weird line going all through the sky etc, and I can't overwrite it with a new track or the part track, legit just does not overwrite. This happens on every track. Not sure what to do.

I understand that it's recording on the start line then flying off somewhere where I am not.

Also, I have disabled the AI Extension on CSP.
Have you tried disabling all other apps and creating side lines in a hotlapping session?

Does the right sideline file get created without issue? Maybe try using a different car?

Have you tried disabling all other apps and creating side lines in a hotlapping session?

Does the right sideline file get created without issue? Maybe try using a different car?
All times ive tried was in a hotlapping session, and use right side file is created correctly, will use a diff car now and report back, thank you for the rapid response

Ok so it seems like the issue is the Fast_lane file.

I used a Kunos standard car (Tatuus FA-01) and managed to create the both left and side files, which worked fine (with the old fast_lane).

After I make a new fast_lane, it goes back to the messed up red line, and it turns right on the start line, and the car just gets stuck.

Also disabled all other apps.

Last edited:
essentials, "Last" should show you laptime after 1st
Nope works fine, it seems like the issue is the Fast_lane file.

I used a Kunos standard car (Tatuus FA-01) and managed to create the both left and side files, which worked fine (with the old fast_lane).

After I make a new fast_lane, it goes back to the messed up red line, and it turns right on the start line, and the car just gets stuck.

Also disabled all other apps.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back