Algarve_Portimao_2023

Tracks Algarve_Portimao_2023 Algarve Portimao 2023 v. 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Luis Barata submitted a new resource:

Algarve_Portimao_2023 - Conversion from my (LuisB) track of rFactor2. Portimao is a infrastructure that received F1 races.

The Algarve International Circuit (Portuguese: Autódromo Internacional do Algarve), commonly referred to as Portimão Circuit, is a 4.653 km (2.891 mi) race circuit located in Portimão, Algarve region, Portugal.
The construction was finished in October 2008 and the circuit was...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, first of all thank you very much for the release of this track, it is absolutely brilliant to drive. The only thing I want to ask you to improve a bit are the track limits. For example in turns 1 and 2 the edge of the gravel area is currently the track limit, but in reality the white line is the limit. Again in turn 5, one can leave the track and keep momentum and speed unlike in real life. And in the final turn we have the same thing.
But apart from this minor issue I have nothing to criticize, very well done!

Hello, could you move the finish line to right at the beginning of the climb like in the image? thanks!!!

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (47).png
    Captura de Tela (47).png
    440.6 KB · Views: 55
It's really a fantastic track. Thank you!
There are only two things you should check.
The heli (heli_yellowfly.kn5) has no rotor blades. With the version from "rt_daytona" the heli works fine.
There is heavy flickering (z-fighting I guess) from the distance of the flags on the right side and the tribunes at the end of the start-finish straight. Maybe you can fix this as the flickering breaks the immersion, especially in VR.

Hi Luis,

This is a great Algarve - perhaps the best one out there in terms of accuracy.

My small league ran your most recent version 2.2 (hosted on GTP) of the track yesterday for a one-off event. I have just a few bug notes for you - all of them likely easy fixes.

The first is the Pit Lane - while in the pit lane or in the setup menu, cars can roll backwards slowly while idle. It seems as if the pit boxes are not set completely. A bit of a bother.

The second is mentioned above - there's quite a bit of Z-fighting and flickering in the distance around the track. Not as essential as these other two issues, but something that is quickly dealt with.

The final issue is the start-finish lights - they do not work. We had to use the AC UI lights to start the race - the start-finish light models are there, of course, but they do not light up at all at race start.

That's it, I believe. Everything else is great. If you could take a look at these few issues when you get the time, I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 201 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%