Alright when was that again.....?

Yes. The core question is actually - why can't the other teams build better cars? They have been on the back foot for the past 7 years.

Because no other team has the resources (€€) and full support of one of the biggest automotive corporations in the world, backed by a giant oil company. Ferrari has to live with its earnings, Red Bull has to get engines from somewhere else, and Renault is always racing on a budget.

I'm not taking anything away from Lewis but can Mercedes give George the second seat? Bottas just collect's points, I want the Hamilton/Rosberg days again!
Why do people seem to dislike and want to get rid of Bottas?
I think he is a very good asset for Mercedes.
He is also a very good driver, if only overshadowed by an exceptional teammate in Hamilton.
Lewis is a natural talent much like Max, Senna, Fangio, Schumacher, etc...
If Lewis wasn't his teammate, Bottas would be seen in a completely different light.
We don't know that any other driver would do well against Lewis in the frame of mind he is in now.
He is fully 'hooked' up with that car.

Last edited:
Because no other team has the resources (€€) and full support of one of the biggest automotive corporations in the world, backed by a giant oil company. Ferrari has to live with its earnings, Red Bull has to get engines from somewhere else, and Renault is always racing on a budget.

Money is one angle, but the teams could have pushed for an earlier regulation change or the budget cap or convince key personal to join them instead. They even could just analyze on which track Merc is particular strong and then influence FIA/Liberty to not race there. They could also go out on track before Merc on Quali and then just take a way clean air. So many ways...

Money is one angle, but the teams could have pushed for an earlier regulation change or the budget cap or convince key personal to join them instead. They even could just analyze on which track Merc is particular strong and then influence FIA/Liberty to not race there. They could also go out on track before Merc on Quali and then just take a way clean air. So many ways...
Sure, money is only one part of the issue as perfectly seen in the past by big manufacturers like Toyota failing while having the biggest budgets. With Mercedes and the involvement of people like Toto Wolff it's a bit different though. It allready started when the FIA decided for a hybrid engine system developed by Mercedes and not Williams. And this control and power stretches out in many areas of current F1. Thatswhy you see talented junior drivers like Russel driving for Mercedes while he would be much more needed at Williams while they have to deal with second tier drivers. Mercedes was one of the last teams signing the new Concorde agreement btw. And convincing key personal is easier said than done if you are offering less than Mercedes. I think many people underestimate the power of a manufacturer like Mercedes in current F1 and the budget cap is just a half hearted attempt, because team principles and drivers aren't included.

Bottas failed again, and still fails. He is such a slow driver. And also ruined the race of Verstappen by his bad moves. Verstappen doesn't do anything wrong, and is careful into the braking zone, and then comes the kamikaze-Ferrari Le-torpedo-clerc to finish Verstappen completely.

Thanks to Bottas and Le-torpedo-clerc we have another dull race with a easy 1-2 Mercedes. And off course Bottas choir boy 2nd. I'm glad I do not pay subscription for F1, because most races are done in the first 10 mins.

Last edited:
Why do people seem to dislike and want to get rid of Bottas?
I think he is a very good asset for Mercedes.
He is also a very good driver, if only overshadowed by an exceptional teammate in Hamilton.
Lewis is a natural talent much like Max, Senna, Fangio, Schumacher, etc...
If Lewis wasn't his teammate, Bottas would be seen in a completely different light.
We don't know that any other driver would do well against Lewis in the frame of mind he is in now.
He is fully 'hooked' up with that car.

I don't dislike Bottas at all mate, He doe's a solid job, I just would like a bit more 'Fireworks' between the Merc drivers!

This is fitting——-“It’s leisure time Georgie!”- Stephen Graham to the Second Unit director during filming of The Irishman when I was standing in for Graham.:thumbsup:

I don't dislike Bottas at all mate, He doe's a solid job, I just would like a bit more 'Fireworks' between the Merc drivers!
Bottas tries every week.
He just does not have the constant 'measure' of a Lewis Hamilton.
I'm not sure any driver on the grid...including Max could consistently beat Hamilton.
Bottas does occasionally.
That should speak to his ability but for some, it does not.
Some folks seem to believe that if you put another driver in that Mercedes, they'll somehow embarrass Hamilton every race weekend.
Look at his entire career.
It is not going to happen...not yet anyway.

Last edited:
Off course, give Russel more advantage to stop Bottas that late. They could even do a 1-2 or Bottas the undercut. They just manage P1 for Russel, like they always do for Hamilton too. But anyone in the Mercedes will get first. Doesn't matter what driver. This is F1's most boring season in ages. Even the previous years were more exciting, because the Mercedes drivers fought each other.

Last edited:
Bottas tries every week.
I'm not sure any driver on the grid...including Max could consistently beat Hamilton.
Some folks seem to believe that if you put another driver in that Mercedes, they'll somehow embarrass Hamilton every race weekend.

Well we dont have see any real fight between Max and Lewis so you can,t dont say that

Last edited:
Bottas tries every week.

Yes, you are right, but it's the car that is extremely well. Even a mid-tier driver like Bottas will be 2nd every race. As there is no competition, people won't tend to give credits to Hamilton. It's a shame for F1 in general. F2 and F3 races are exciting. But F1 is a **** show.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back