Alright when was that again.....?

But he'd of been in with a shot right?
Bottas would of been promoted to No 1 also, he is 2nd in the WDC and has had mechanical issues this season.

Anyway Russell has made his point. The only reason he wasn't racing at the front was the Williams... the car..... he hasn't gained more skills in 7 days, impossible...
He knows, the rest of the drivers know (most did already), that he is in the right car able to be at the front...
And every driver knows, in the WILLIAMS, they ain't winning jack and it will be miserable...because of the....car...

Russell has been lapped many times over the last few seasons by the bloke he is now almost pipping to pole...
Verstappen had quite a few more mechanical issues than Bottas this year.

For perspective, Vettel and Raikkonen finished ahead of Bottas during the last years. The Mercedes is fabulous, but it does not drive itself.

Last edited:
I am saying the comments about "if Russell was in the Merc, he could beat Lewis' just seems odd.

Okidoki I am agree with that. But you never know that realy. Lewis is always focused for sure that makes him a strong chalenge for everyone. But for me he is not the best F1 driver ever to much credits go to that Car

Last edited:
Untitled 1.jpg

• Deleted member 963434

I suspect Max will be too aggressive at some point and wreck out. I see Russell second behind Bottas and either a RP or McLaren 3rd. It's hard to say until we see what the conditions are like. I can see Perez managing tires to a podium if tire management is a strong factor again.

I realize that none of these predictions are particularly bold, but those are mine.
Verstappen crash into russell on last lap when Russell at P1 and Max at P2 xD

• Deleted member 963434

Not really as some of us are just comparing Russell to 7 days ago...
If Lewis was still driving, Russell, still in the Williams, at best could of scraped into Q2 and maybe got 16th 15th...
As it stands, he is P2 by a whisker from pole.....
So yeah...
That Merc has gained Russell 15 odd places JUST from being the same driver as last week doing the same thing...
15 places at least.... 15!
Bottas payed guys who count times to add 0,030 sec to Russell time xd

Well yes correct. You just undermine the whole of F1 and i agree with you...its a constructors championship really, but the drivers championship is the 'sexy' part the fans like, so it gets promoted that way...

Like i said before Schumie broke his leg in 1999 and Mika Salo took his drive and his first race in Schs car he was winning but had to let Irvine past so came 2nd...

It's mainly the car and the final 10% (according to Brundle) is the nut behind the wheel...

Did Russell ever get P2 on the grid in qually before today?

Yes. The core question is actually - why can't the other teams build better cars? They have been on the back foot for the past 7 years.

Mega lap from Charles (P4). Also great performance from Kyviat (P6). To bad that Lando missed his hot lap. Why was Kimi so slow (P19)?

George is a great guy, even gave Carlos a tow on purpose. The dude is already a small legend.

Last edited:
I think Russell has been really impressive this weekend. I'm not a fan of Bottas and I feel we've largely been robbed of exciting championships because he has the 2nd Merc. I understand why Mercedes have kept him, but it's to the detriment of the sport. Russell has basically matched his qualy performance after just a few days in an ill fitting car. I wish they'd swap seats for next season, at least we know Russell has the potential to improve.

I don't think Mercedes do, though. Come to think of it, I don't think many teams want two equal drivers.

Mercedes - ended in collisions
Red Bull - ditto
Haas - ditto
Ferrari - ditto

I think you always need one driver to be less egotistical / more humble in order for the team to have harmony and succeed as a team.

I've just read that this youngster has driven 6500 km in testing for mercedes - all considered, could do quite well today if that pace can be maintained :thumbsup:
It would be good if Mercedes donate the constructers points to Williams that they will get today, as a thanks. Highly unlikely, but Merc don't need those points.

This year's mercedes is in another leagure to the other cars, and anyone should win in it, but 2 years ago that ferrari should have taken the title.

Last edited:
I'm not taking anything away from Lewis but can Mercedes give George the second seat? Bottas just collect's points, I want the Hamilton/Rosberg days again!

He won't get that seat till Lewis retires after WDC 8 next year.
By that point Merc may no longer have the best car by a mile though.
I'd imagine part of Lewis's contract clauses is having Bottas as team mate and No2 .

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%