Alright when was that again.....?

Brilliant result for Perez. Racing point are idiots for dumping him. He's a good, solid driver who delivers consistently. I'm delighted for him, and that will be a popular result.

Shame for Russell, but a win would have been too much. Mercedes should have signed him for 2021. Bottas is a journeyman.

Honestly, both drivers should be concerned if Russell does really, really well.

It'll play up to the perception that Bottas is weak and even a number 2 and it'll seal his fate come the 2022 contracts. Meanwhile for Hamilton it would add an extra asterisk to his championships to the large amount of skeptics, given how he has already had the longest streak of utterly dominate cars for 6 seasons (if you minus the first halves of 2017 and 2018 to be generous).

Before I get berated, I'm not denying Hamilton's talent nor dismissing Bottas's good days, which there are enough to justify at least another year at Mercedes for the latter and to be put into the top 10 of all time for the former.

Damn, this really did come true, though not in the way I was expecting!

It was a great race even without LeClerc and Verstappen. After the Mercedes pit stop debacle it was (finally) Perez. Also he deserves this victory. Feel sorry for 'bad luck' George.

Checo and Max in one team! Bring it on
Indeed. Perez should get Albon's seat. And Mercedes... What a shame... The worst thing, Russell drove the race of his life and did nothing wrong. And then Mercedes f#$$ed up. Bottas is just not good enough, too many mistakes.

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Sakhir Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

It was not difficult to predict that today's inaugural Sakhir Grand Prix on the Outer Track was going to be chaotic, but I don't think anyone will have expected quite as much chaos as this. We saw lap one accidents, pit stop madness, overtakes galore and a new Formula One race winner. We even got to enjoy seeing a new face on the podium alongside them.

On a day which saw Russell, Fittipaldi and Aitken all race in cars they did not expect to last week, all three deserve credit for completing the race distance and giving good accounts of themselves. This, plus the extraordinary comeback from our race winner makes it very difficult to pick a driver of the day.

It is very difficult to pick a race winner on a day when so many gave such a good account of themselves. George Russell made a stellar Mercedes debut, and he did not put a foot wrong. Meanwhile to see someone come from the back of the field to take their maiden victory is something to behold. It sometimes feels unfair that there can only be one.

Let us know who you think deserves to be Driver of the Day, after what truly has to be amongst the most chaotic Grand Prix of all time.

Russell.jpg

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 20,419
Last edited:
I don't get why people think this makes Hamilton's wins not special. If you put at least any of the top 5 drivers in the best car of any year of F1, more times than not they will win...especially if it's a car that's a MP4/4 or a FW14B or a Merc W11. Why must this be said every week?

Russell is fast. Hamilton is fast. Two drivers can be fast...it's not rocket science.

Destroying all junior series in equal machines, Equalling to beating Alonso in the same car and all his records and consistency should prove this...to ignore this is blatant bias compared to all other legends. Face your bias, don't dress it up with alternative facts.

Russell is an F2 champ and has been an exceptional driver from the start...not surprised he did what he did. I will agree that it proves Bottas is not as great as them both...especially since he's been in the car all season and George is in an uncomfortable and somewhat unfamiliar car.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 205 33.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 170 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 114 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 47 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 15 2.5%