AMD FSR 3 / Fluid Motion Frames & Nvidia DLSS 3 / Frame Generation

Mr Latte

Premium
Just a place to share informative or comparison videos/articles on this topic and have discussions with these new technologies. As these are so new, there is some confusion on how/why they can be applied or even with specific games what settings should be considered.

Upcoming titles like Forza Motorsport / WRC and others may also have these new options available shortly after their release dates.

Okay so, the benefits seem to be increased framerates, which may help displays used reach typical hardware refresh rates like 60Hz/120Hz/144Hz and possibly higher with specific monitors, but what are the downsides?

Typical questions:
What hardware do I need to make use of these?
How does each option vary or compare?
When should we consider using these or in what scenarios do they bring benefits?
How or should they be applied with various screens in TVs or Monitors?

Another query that comes to my mind is whether the gained framerates with these technologies, help to achieve enough with an increase for specific set screen resolutions. For example, those using 1080p 1440p or 4K the increase to some extent may omit the need to upgrade to another GPU? What also about any performance gaps between 7900XTX / 4090 or other cards in the lower to mid price ranges?

I'm going to start by sharing this video that covers both solutions in some detail.

Last edited:
So heres an interesting video with Forza Horizon 5 and using FMF for a MASSIVE boost in framerates. Now the question is will we be seeing this working with the new Forza Motorsport soon as well as other forthcoming games?

Another example:

Last edited:
I had a problem using Fluid Motion Frames on Assetto Corsa with CSP. I have a crash telling me that I need to have directx 11 or 12 activated. As far as I know AC uses directx 11. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Deleted member 197115

With DLSS having such an edge in quality over FSR, why people even bother with AMD?
Buy Nvidia, live happily ever after.

With DLSS having such an edge in quality over FSR, why people even bother with AMD?
I will admit that NVIDIA has some great products and engineers. Unfortunately a lot of people dislike Jenson (the CEO).

Personally, I've been burned twice via NVIDIA corporate takeovers, where all support was immediately dropped. This left me with either a useless product, or a product with no support. The latter issue was to stifle a competitor, even though they claimed it wasn't and would continue to support the product. The driver for that product is still the same Beta driver it launched with prior to the takeover.

These are only the issues that impacted me. There is a bucket full of similar stories if you've follow tech news over the years.

I cannot support companies that make business decisions that screw over customers in this manner. Jenson can bite me. :p

Still early with these new options as well as AMDs implementation with FMF supporting older cards which is a nice thing compared to Nvidia.

Why?
Was a very easy decision, did I buy a 4090 to know you have the fastest card and "bragging rights" but to soon get bored of limited titles showcasing RT? Then find with a 4090 I cant fully experience 4K on a 240Hz monitor nor is it going to be really fast enough with all the upcoming titles. Certainly not to bring either, triple 4K / dual 4K or even single 8K gaming and maintain its graphical gloriousness?

So yeah its faster than a 7900XTX but its NOT fast enough to make much of a meaningful difference with many modern monitors. With the 7900XTX very simply drop the resolution or reduce some game settings for a specific title if desired and you wont be far off what the 4090 achieves.

These new technologies may be handy for people to either hit 60Hz or 120Hz with all visual settings at highest levels but of course depending on the played scenario screen/pc specs.

Price difference is insane for these high-end cards and it did not warrant that amount of money for whatever extra performance it can bring but Nvidia are severely hampered as not having DP 2.1 anyways that more and more monitors will begin to use.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB ROG Strix Ada Lovelace Graphics Card £1999.99​

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 16GB ROG Strix OC Ada Lovelace Graphics Card £1439.99​

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX NITRO+ 24GB Graphics Card £1018.00​

Last edited:
While new to all this malarky with AMD and FSR/FMF etc
With some testing earlier with Forza Motorsport
I have the game at max settings @ 5120x1440p and finding that FMF is giving me @60 more frames.

That puts my experience on my G9 49" monitor most often @ 100 - 120 frames and Freesync in operation.

I expect though that with future updates to the game and drivers its performance on PC will improve.

This guy has compared both 7900XTX & 4090 at 8K with RT and settings to max.
*Notice the bug with Nvidia as we get a trace of the car from the back

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Latter i read all your post about motion. I see you have an 49 inch samsung is possible to share your settings for iracing and in car ? And sorry off topic I hope we can activate iracing with fsr in the future. There is an mode to activate on nvidia cards. Nexusmode. But I thinks fsr is not supprting fsr3?

Happy new year.

Best regards

Dear Mr. Latter i read all your post about motion. I see you have an 49 inch samsung is possible to share your settings for iracing and in car ? And sorry off topic I hope we can activate iracing with fsr in the future. There is an mode to activate on nvidia cards. Nexusmode. But I thinks fsr is not supprting fsr3?

Happy new year.

Best regards
Are you mistaken?

I dont own motion, currently working towards a new tactile focused rig build. It is being made, that it could accommodate the QS210 motion system as something my previous build could not. I've not used iracing neither I'm afraid so cant help much with that.

FSR3 is going "open source" so potentially people may offer support for various titles, we will have to wait to see.

Last edited:
Are you mistaken?

I dont own motion, currently working towards a new tactile focused rig build. It is being made, that it could accommodate the QS210 motion system as something my previous build could not. I've not used iracing neither I'm afraid so cant help much with that.

FSR3 is going "open source" so potentially people may offer support for various titles, we will have to wait to see.

I would assume he means motion as in ‘Fluid Motion Frames’?

Are you mistaken?

You are right sorry for confusion i mean read over the 300 post in tactil and imersions, best Threat ever.

I hope with rain Iracing bring FSR 3 can use with my 3080TI :)

Best Regards

Last edited:
Nope, still doesn't work.
A bit late to this, sorry for the bump, but in your Adrenalin settings under Gaming/Games add acs.exe and turn FMF/Anti-lag on under that. AssettoCorsa.exe is added by default but that's the launcher, not the actual game. Now when you launch with CM you should get the Adrenalin notification window saying they're active.

A bit late to this, sorry for the bump, but in your Adrenalin settings under Gaming/Games add acs.exe and turn FMF/Anti-lag on under that. AssettoCorsa.exe is added by default but that's the launcher, not the actual game. Now when you launch with CM you should get the Adrenalin notification window saying they're active.
Ok, thank you. I'll give it a try then.

Bit of a surprise for me recently with my 7900XTX..
With these latest options to help improve framerates it is helping me greatly enjoy my most recent major hardware purchase.

In ACC with all graphics to EPIC with 7680x2160 native resolution of the new Samsung 57" dual 4K monitor. The new Nords track on this with Tobii 5 headtracking is just a visual treat with such a bright and sharp display....

I can get framerates upto to about 100 in a race, hovering mainly about 80ish and minor dips at times but not detracting from the experience. Of course I can always lower the resolution if I want an increased framerate.

Older titles like GRID are a joy in another way with this screen and GPU combo.
Letting me experience games from only a few years ago I missed and with over 200fps at this incredible in your face native resolution via DP 2.1.

Probably bringing one of the main triamphs AMD scored with this card over Nvidia.

Last edited:
I'm back to thank you. It works. Cheers man.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 199 88.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 32 14.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 62 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 77 34.2%