AMS 2 | Beta Launches Feb 28th - What Are You Looking Forward To?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
For Reiza backers, the much anticipated AMS2 Beta will go live this February 28th - what are you most looking forward to with the new game?

Now remember folks, only those are are early backers have access to the full list of cars and tracks confirmed so far for release - so please don't go and flood the comments section with "I'm looking forward to driving the xxx around xxx" - that kinda spoils the surprise for everyone else (and we are supposed to keep these things secrete anyway!).

However without going into content specifics, I'm sure we can all think of plenty of things to talk about to keep ourselves excited between now and the 28th!

So, who's excited for a first look at AMS 2???

Automobilista 2 will release as early beta on February 28th, with a full release scheduled for March 2020.

Excited about the game? Spread that enthusiasm at the Automobilista 2 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment!

AMS 2 Beta.jpg

Last edited:
rF2 immersion is not very good at all. Maybe the FFB may be good, but I play with my eyes, and my eyes say rF2 is not very good. My ears too. ACC immersion if far better, I think Reiza is far more serious than s397...

how often are you going to say that, I think you have already said that 6 times this week.dont play rfactor 2 if not you don't like it. problem has been solved for you

This is not true. Renato has already highlighted FFB & gamepad feedback issues still under development during the whole Beta period in his post on Reiza forums "Further known common issues and limitations"

You miss my point totally

i have all sims bar iRacing, from the first to the last update in each they all drive how they drive
Changes to physics chassis tyres feel across a sims life are very subtle

Each studio has unmistakable physics flavor ..at least I can feel that

FFB is totally subjective .........countless wheels with boundless settings combos ;)

How can anyone compare Black Momo to CSW v2.5 immersion

P.S. How many out there have tried all their sims with no FFB whatsoever .....it is enlighting

Last edited:
You miss my point totally

i have all sims bar iRacing, from the first to the last update in each they all drive how they drive
Changes to physics chassis tyres feel across a sims life are very subtle

Each studio has unmistakable physics flavor ..at least I can feel that

FFB is totally subjective .........countless wheels with boundless settings combos ;)

How can anyone compare Black Momo to CSW v2.5 immersion

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not, difficult to tell sometimes.

I have all the sims too, so I know what you mean. I tried iRacing on a $4.95 for 3 months deal and still thought that was too much tbh. Convoluted UI/UX, even the "new" one.

I'm not currently a wheel user (for various reasons, so lets not go there) so I'm focused purely on gamepad feedback, which can vary dramatically. I thought AM1 gamepad feedback was the best, rF2 next then DR2/AC/ACC etc and PC2 was the absolute worst. That said, it's interesting sometimes to turn feedback off completely and study your other input channels such as visual and audio.

They say they are working on it, so I'll wait to see what they deliver, as it's not going to be in the initial release(s) from what they confirmed. That and the horrible PC2 fence flicker are my two biggest areas of concern with AMS2.

Last edited:
Yes i agree 101% as far as visuals and audio
if rF2 did not have top physics, tyres, chassis, FFB no one would use it
Poll would show the large majority worry about visuals more then physics

not an rfactor 2 discussion here, but for my the graphics are fine. I can drive all day on my dd just like AMS and what you said, the psygics are the best.

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not, difficult to tell sometimes.

I have all the sims too, so I know what you mean. I tried iRacing on a $4.95 for 3 months deal and still thought that was too much tbh. Convoluted UI/UX, even the "new" one.

I'm not currently a wheel user (for various reasons, so lets not go there) so I'm focused purely on gamepad feedback, which can vary dramatically. I thought AM1 gamepad feedback was the best, rF2 next then DR2/AC/ACC etc and PC2 was the absolute worst.

They say they are working on it, so I'll wait to see what they deliver, as it's not going to be in the initial release(s) from what they confirmed. That and the horrible PC2 fence flicker are my two biggest areas of concern with AMS2.
I agree with this: 4.95 $ is a waste of money on iRacing.

Yes i agree 101% as far as visuals and audio
if rF2 did not have top physics, tyres, chassis, FFB no one would use it
Poll would show the large majority worry about visuals more then physics
IMO rF2 is looking great with the newer content and on par with ACC in many regards, but with about twice more fps in VR and 2D.
But it's just idiotic to compare those sims nowadays, because they are all great and have their pros and cons.
And btw i'm downloading :thumbsup:

So, it is out and not delayed from the projected release time.

Watch Jimmy Broadbent's video above if you want the basics. Multiply that across many cars and tracks...mostly extremely well modelled and produced.

Still lots of other rough edges (it's beta, but I had access to alpha) that will be massaged over the next month and beyond.

Bottom-line, if you liked the way cars in AMS felt and drove, you will love AMS 2. If you want a polished experience (like AMS), you'll have to wait a bit longer, but no concerns whatsoever that it will get there.

It looks great but if you're a gamepad player it's got a long way to go to get to the same level of excellent AM1 gamepad feedback and control. It kind of feels just like PC2 gamepad at the moment (even the settings are the same), with a little more fidelity on the brakes maybe. Bit disappointed they dropped that for release (even beta), but it seems to be on their radar to improve, so we'll see.

UX/UI wise it seems much improved, still a few kinks but they'll work them out. It's a beta!

Unfortunately the fence glitchiness from PC2 is still there (I gather it's an engine feature, from what Renato wrote on AMS forum) so the workaround here https://steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/1496741765128903797/ is still the best way for me to minimze it:
- disable MSAA
- do not enable post AA (neither FXAA or SMAA)
- enable multisampling (the higher the better)

Filed a couple of bugs. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Wet weather and night racing - despite their claims, hasn't AC got that via a modder
As with weather, night racing, new tyre model, chassis flex, better FFB, better graphics, better physics - rF2 got that too, as with graphics, with the shaders, you feel like you are in a real car in rF2 rather than thinking you are in a Monet painting

Monet painting

Not everybody can afford a 6700k with a GTX 1080 nor can they afford one, why do you think LoL is popular other than being a MMORPG

Lol, rf2 fanboy alert. With max settings and every shader mod in the world those graphics are still garbage. Real cardboard car maybe. Though physics and ffb wise it’s a fine sim. Just be honest with yourself... you’ll be much happier.

So Fabio please, tell us any impressions :) we all waiting for AMS 2 and we hope for strong Automobilista physics, FFB and car handling with advanced graphics. Tell us, yes its there!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%