AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Never heard of that game, looks nice, Grid on Madness Engine

Yeah, I think some people get confused between 'FFB' and 'PHYSICS'. Or say 'FFB is bad' when, in fact, the physics model is flawed.
And some people say the physics is bad when they don't like the FFB. The other thing people confuse is setup and physics. You can have a crap setup and people will blame the physics. Then there are the really clueless who talk about boats and hovercraft.
I totally agree. I remember talking about this 5 or 10 years ago. So many people judge physics by FFB. They'll say a game's physics are so good just because they can feel what the car is doing even though the vehicle's behaviour on-screen can clearly been seen to be very unrealistic by anyone who's spent a day in their lives watching cars go around a track on TV.

I remember so many people in RF1 and other games with highly customizable FFB (R07, GTR2, GTL, PC1, PC2, and possibly AMS2 in the future) who would say "the physics suck" then all of a sudden they get FFB settings, notepad files, etc. that they really like and all of a sudden "the physics are awesome." Seriously??? :laugh:

I cringe when I hear stuff like that. And it hasn't really gone away. I watch so many youtube videos, even of well-known simracing channels, who'll be judging physics by FFB.

Another area that are often mixed up like physics & FFB is spinning & physics. If a sim's car or sim in general is easier to save a car then all of a sudden "it has better or great" physics. Just because you can stop the car from spinning doesn't mean the manner in which that car is controlled and the manner in which the car behaves/acts/reacts is realistic. I see all sorts of reviewers complimenting a sim's physics just because it offers more leeway between slip and spinning even though the vehicle is acting completely unrealistic and, at times, just weird. You can have a car or physics engine that's pretty good at not being too overly unforgiving during slides while the car clearly behaves unnatural & wonky.

Last edited:
AMS2 is really good. Took some time to find good settings for my DD1 but now it is a blast to drive.
Yestrday I did a F3 on Donington and this was the best race I ever had with AI!

I also had my best race ever with AI yesterday! Formula trainer at Oulton park in rain fighting from last to first. The FFB feels so good, you exactly know how to drive the car at the limit because the feedback is really good. FANATEC DD2

I think it's really very good, personally. I'm noticing plenty of rough edges and inconsistencies, but I also took noticed of the word "beta" when I installed it! :D

I found the first beta build to be a bit peculiar - it felt like polished PC2 to me, honestly. That's not necessarily bad in my opinion, as I'm in the camp that thinks if it weren't for some really bizarre FFB decisions and sloppy QA, PC2 could have been a really nice sim.

The second beta build I think it showing a lot more character. If you want AMS1 with improved graphics...I hear you, but you're going to be very irritated, I think. It only feels like AMS1 to me in the sense that ALL sims kinda sorta have similarities.

I think the closest reference point I can think of for AMS2 at this point is iRacing. Put more specifically, it feels a lot like I wish iRacing felt like - I find the iRacing FFB driveable, but extremely flat. AMS2 feels a notch more communicative to me, but at the same time - like iRacing - it feels extremely sophisticated and sensitive, especially on slicks. I'm finding I really need to dial in on my footwork to be quick (an area I think iRacing really excels). Additionally, I am not one of these guys with the knowledge or patience to analyze the tire model at a molecular level, but it sure feels like there are some good things going on in that department. Cold slicks feel like absolute bricks, you've got to slide them around a bit without spinning...about a lap of that and they start to feel extremely grippy - you can really pitch the car and trust them to catch you.

For me, it all leads to an experience that really demands my focus, but not in an artificially hard GPL sort of way. I'm looking forward to build 3 and, though I respect everyone's right to voice an opinion about a race car game, personally I am somewhat surprised at how negative some people's impressions are. Hopefully as the game matures, it'll win some people over because I think, at the absolute minimum, it's got potential.

in the end I sold and bought the beta

unfortunately I notice some defects of project cars 2, among which:

too much grip in extreme situations

lack of ffb when braking

for those who have access to the forum these behaviors have been mentioned? is it something they can correct / add?

otherwise the ffb is much better than in project cars 2

Hello and good evenning,
i am back from holiday and tested three cars on three different tracks with completely different charakters.
I think, the physics are on a good way and the cars moving or has git the same handling like 1.
But, the FFB must be the same like Beta1 or the differenbces are not to feel.
Are the three settings the same like in Beta1?
I like Reiza, AMS and the team behind it and are no hater but here a very much work for them.

Can me anybody explain or give me a link to something? were i can learn the values of the ffb_custom_settings.txt?

When they are ready and the work are over and the FFB are not the same like 1, i want make it by my self.

Where are Jack Spade, when we need him?

• Deleted member 197115

New sim title from great studio that I really want to like, but FFB on DD wheel is quite underwhelming.
Hope that will change, now there is definitely PCars vibe.
Which cars are better for FFB testing, I understand that it's all EA and not all content is fully polished?

Early days I know. I have XBox one Controller, but I also have AMS(1). To date the driving/handling is a long way off the wonderful AMS experience. Sad to say it is more like PC2 at the moment; skidding on ice. Having said that, I feel confident Reiza will improve this.

All in all, its looking great. Love the selection of tracks and vehicles. Really looking forward to GT3/4 vehicles to make it "the race sim" (for me).

Early days I know. I have XBox one Controller, but I also have AMS(1). To date the driving/handling is a long way off the wonderful AMS experience. Sad to say it is more like PC2 at the moment; skidding on ice. Having said that, I feel confident Reiza will improve this.

All in all, its looking great. Love the selection of tracks and vehicles. Really looking forward to GT3/4 vehicles to make it "the race sim" (for me).
I drove the StockCar first and the steering was rubber band like PC2. I fiddled with my wheel settings TS-PC in the TM Control Panel. I de-selected auto center controlled by game and set the spring to 12%. Huge improvement. I can't drive PC2. AMS2 is very different, to me. I really liked the road feel. I could feel loss of grip in the front and rear. Catching slides felt intuitive, natural. The wheel gave me the info I needed to keep up with the car, if you know what I mean. I'm really excited to tweak it more and learn the new feeling of driving this sim. Is it the same as AMS1? I don't think so, not really. But that is subjective. Should it feel like AMS1? I don't think so, not really. I think it should be evolving. Again, subjective.

New sim title from great studio that I really want to like, but FFB on DD wheel is quite underwhelming.
Hope that will change, now there is definitely PCars vibe.
Which cars are better for FFB testing, I understand that it's all EA and not all content is fully polished?
Andrew, all of us are feeling different things through different equipment. Also the feeling through the 8+ betas has changed substantially. One opinion, take it or leave it is formula trainer standard at Adelaide. I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well.

Andrew, all of us are feeling different things through different equipment. Also the feeling through the 8+ betas has changed substantially. One opinion, take it or leave it is formula trainer standard at Adelaide. I'm sure others will have other suggestions as well.

Too late, his Steam review says he refunded.

• Deleted member 197115

Too late, his Steam review says he refunded.
Just couldn't see myself launching it again after doing back and forth comparison against AC in VR with Simucube 2.
There is absolutely nothing it does better, so why bother with that little time and so many sims.
Hope others like it, but I am out.
Best of luck to Reiza.

OP is dated already but for me the FFB/physics are some of the best available.
As always with a new title not all wheels are optimized yet and there's also the chance of bad FFB due to faulty settings ingame combined with those in the wheels property page.

I remember Youtuber 'simracingcorner' had issues with his DD in the beginning of the Beta, he tried a consumer wheel and then realised the FFB is excellent, after which he managed to optimize his DD for the game as well. I'm on a Fanatec CSL personally.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events