AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
I remember Youtuber 'simracingcorner' had issues with his DD in the beginning of the Beta, he tried a consumer wheel and then realised the FFB is excellent, after which he managed to optimize his DD for the game as well. I'm on a Fanatec CSL personally.

This is something I've come to realize in sims, as well. DDs are a small fraction of a market. It's highly likely the devs focused making wheels with the biggest market share feel good and did little to tune higher end wheels, whether DD or non-DD.

So, what is the best setting for a dd wheel now that the EA is out and there's no custom profile yet?
To me seems like it's car dependant.

edit from 1.0 to EA.

Last edited:
So, what is the best setting for a dd wheel now that the 1.0 is out and there's no custom profile yet?
To me seems like it's car dependant.
My settings work for the whole car lineup, some of the cars I have more troubles controlling but I know those are setup issues as the FFB still feels communicative and responsive. I'd advise you to take a look on the Reiza forum, pretty sure you can find a ton of posts about the subject there already (DD wheels).

My settings work for the whole car lineup, some of the cars I have more troubles controlling but I know those are setup issues as the FFB still feels communicative and responsive. I'd advise you to take a look on the Reiza forum, pretty sure you can find a ton of posts about the subject there already (DD wheels).

Thx! I did and waiting for feedback. Will post here if worth to share.

I think for early access its brilliant, drove the MCR at oulton going from clear to thunderstorm in VR, ran perfect, looked amazing and handling felt like karting in wet on slicks.

Well done Reiza this is going to be an amazing Sim!!!!!
That's the adjective I was looking for. Brilliant! AMS2 Makes my wheel sing! I bet you DD folks are smiling like Cheshire Cats.

The FFB was horrible for me on a TS-PC Racer. I get very little in the way of anything but oversteer feel, no brake feel, no understeer, just lots of bumps and some catchable oversteer. I don't quite know what everyone else is feeling here but its some of the worst FFB I have ever used. I am confused honestly but I guess its just massive variance in kit and the game not dealing with the differences well. It is horrible for me currently though.

The FFB was horrible for me on a TS-PC Racer. I get very little in the way of anything but oversteer feel, no brake feel, no understeer, just lots of bumps and some catchable oversteer. I don't quite know what everyone else is feeling here but its some of the worst FFB I have ever used. I am confused honestly but I guess its just massive variance in kit and the game not dealing with the differences well. It is horrible for me currently though.
Dang, I am also using TS PC and experience the same things, glad I'm not the only one. I'm a huge fan of PC2, AMS2 UI, car setup is very similar to PC2 which I like. I want to love the game due to their high rep but I can't just yet. However, it is Early access so I'll hang on to it and see how it progess.

I did not get my FFB to work at all due to issues with control assignments. I could get my DD2 recognized, but no Heusinkveld pedals. Then I set the controls to Custom, I could set the pedals, but the wheel FFB was mostly lost, very strange.

Dang, I am also using TS PC and experience the same things, glad I'm not the only one. I'm a huge fan of PC2, AMS2 UI, car setup is very similar to PC2 which I like. I want to love the game due to their high rep but I can't just yet. However, it is Early access so I'll hang on to it and see how it progess.
My experience was quite the opposite. But like everyone says FFB is subjective. I'm in love.....again. I can feel the brakes lock, loss of grip (from gradual to "Oh ****" in the front and the car feels very much alive around me. Wish I had a Buttkicker.

I did not get my FFB to work at all due to issues with control assignments. I could get my DD2 recognized, but no Heusinkveld pedals. Then I set the controls to Custom, I could set the pedals, but the wheel FFB was mostly lost, very strange.
I believe when you set on custom that allows the game to use a custom ffb file, do you have one present?

Start your ffb at 50/50/50 and tune it from there. You need some LFB which is not just a lfb. Certain forces in the ffb require lfb to be felt.

For rubber band feel, check your centering spring on the wheel settings.

The only reason I bought the game is I loved the FFB of AMS1. But after 20 odd mins of testing, the FFB felt like wtf !! I didnt want to believe, at first. Its that bad, out of the Box. Then I reduced the LFB to 0 and tried. The wheel felt like going from Rubber Banding to plain dead. That made me realize LFB is important and when I set it to 15, I felt the overall FFB is playable. All this within 40 mins of driving session. So, I could relate to the chaps complaining about FFB. Its not that every one want to play around with FFB, and also expect certain level of play-ability out of the Box. I will do a bit more testing tomorrow and post, if I find anything useful. By the way, I am using the Thrustmaster TMX, which is an equivalent of T150. So, direct drive guys, look away..

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%