AMS 2 | Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The public Early Access build of Automobilista has received its first update - version 0.8.0.1 is now available to download.

Heading out of the blocks in fine style with their initial Early Access offering of the much anticipated Automobilista 2 racing simulation, Reiza Studios have been quick off the mark getting out the first public hotfix update, deploying build 0.8.0.1 just three days after the EA release dropped.

The new build brings the public version of the simulation to just below the latest build deployed for beta members, and with it comes an nice selection of improvements across many aspects of the title.

Headline changes within the new build are arguably the changes to FFB on some cars, as well as various AI updates (although this is still very much a work in progress).

Hotfix 0.8.0.1 Notes:

GENERAL

• Adjusted rain spray parameters - slightly longer draw distance & slower decay
  • Raised default Camera World Movement from 50 to 75, reduced G Force Effect from 50 to 25 (resulting in less default cockpit camera movement)
UI
  • Added game version number to main menu screen
  • Desaturated Championship & Time Trial panels in Main Menu to better illustrate current unavailability
  • Adjusted order and included Start button in Test Day / Custom Event menu (allows pressing start button with cursor+ accept button as well as gamepad start button)
  • Added missing track background screens & trackmaps for Snetterton
  • Corrected F-V10 livery thumbnails
PHYSICS & AI
  • Slightly adjusted tyre tread physics for F-Classic Gens 2&3, SuperV8, MIT Lancer, F-Vee, Opala, Ultima GTR, Copa Truck, Caterhams, karts
  • Slightly reduced pneumatic trail for slick tyres & adjusted max steering rack forces to suit (results in slightly more consistent FFB)
  • Fixed error in suspension rates of SuperV8, Sprint Race which could lead to excessive bouncing midcorner and other handling woes
  • Adjusted differential locks for all Caterham models with LSD
  • Adjusted brake response curve & reduced default brake pressure to 90% for all cars
  • Fixed error in Ultima GTR Race rear brakes which would cause it to lock rear wheels easily
  • Reduced brake torque for Superkart
  • Fixed missing rear pre-warmed tyres for F3, Roco 001
  • Adjusted AI dry tyres for Caterhams, Touring Car Classics, Ultima GTR, ARC Camaro, F-Vintage, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Adjusted AI wet tyres for StockV8, Sprint Race, Superv8, Caterham, F-Classic, Touring Car Classics, F-Trainer for more consistent performance vs player
  • Fixed Chevette 5th gear ratio
VEHICLES
  • Mitsubishi Lancer: Fixed windscreen textures issue
  • Ultima GTR: Fixed shifting animation (manual instead of paddles); Added chrome stripes to some liveries; Fixed wheels and exhaust vertex AO; Added backfire animations
  • Caterham 620R: Updated several liveries (adding some metallic variations)
  • Formula Vintage: Added missing lower LOD models (which could cause cars to disappear in lower car detail settings)
TRACKS
  • Jerez: Complementary art pass & fixes
  • Snetterton: Fixed curbs & added 3D marbles to both layouts

To users still struglling with brake sensitivity, please make sure to callibrate your controller to try ensure the full range is being correctly used.

Automobilista 2 is available now via Steam Early Access.

If you need some support getting the most from AMS 2, check out the Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome and knowledgeable community help you out!

AMS 2 hotfix update 2.jpg

Last edited:
I am having terrible performance in VR. Have to put everything on low to get a stable 90fps with the Index. Running a 9900KF and 2080 Super. Other sims are performing great, just AMS2 seems really bad, which is weird since other people are saying it runs better than PCars2 in VR. Not my experience at all.
you must have some setting wrong: with a ryzen 2600X and a 5700XT it runs perfectly with all settings on medium or more, MSAA low and SS at 1.3

I deleted the graphics configs in my docs folder and my VR framerates are better. Not perfect, but better. Dawn and Dusk are murder on framerates for some reason, even on minimum settings. As long as I run in the middle of the day I get pretty good performance on med/high settings. 90 FPS most of the time. Still some spikes on certain corners on certain tracks.

Physics wise, I drove the V8 Supercar for abot 2 hours and the F3 for a while. Both felt really good and the V8 felt like you would think a V8 should. I have never driven one in real life, but it behaves like what you see on TV. I can't say that about iRacing's V8 Supercars, but that is a different story :)

Hopefully we can get some VR optimizations to put it over the top, b/c when you get it running 90 FPS with settings turned up, HOLY CRAP does it look amazing.

Please for the love of God can we get a proper VR TV replay cam at some point? :)

you must have some setting wrong: with a ryzen 2600X and a 5700XT it runs perfectly with all settings on medium or more, MSAA low and SS at 1.3

I would like to know what. Def not getting 'perfectly' at medium settings. You getting 90 FPS or do you have AWS/Motion Smoothing running? I can run with motion smoothing and turn things up but it still stutters and doesn't look great. Mind posting your settings?

PCars2 was developed by Slightly Mad Studios. AMS2 is developed by Reiza. Those two companies have very different track records when it comes to further developing their games.

Yup, some people still seem confused on this simple point and the this garbage that its just PC2. Their loss. And he got a refund even before 1.0 rolls out where there will be a hefty amount updates from early access. But I guess a whopping $30 is make or bust for some.

To be fair, the sim is EA and EA isn't for everybody. Even I rarely buy into EA products these days because the risk-to-reward ratio is generally so poor. AMS 2 was one of the few exceptions purely because of Reiza's good reputation and their past dedication to perfecting their products.

However, if I'd felt the game was a shambles and was not enjoying it before my two hour grace period was up, I probably would have refunded too. While I'm sure £25 isn't a lot to some people, for a self-employed guy with zero prospect of any paid work for the foreseeable future, it certainly is. I can spare it sure, but I want it to go towards something I can make use of during this time of isolation, not something I have to wait months for. Thankfully, for me, AMS 2 is that something.

Not everyone will feel the same though, and I don't have a problem with that. To each their own.

To be fair, the sim is EA and EA isn't for everybody. Even I rarely buy into EA products these days because the risk-to-reward ratio is generally so poor. AMS 2 was one of the few exceptions purely because of Reiza's good reputation and their past dedication to perfecting their products.

However, if I'd felt the game was a shambles and was not enjoying it before my two hour grace period was up, I probably would have refunded too. While I'm sure £25 isn't a lot to some people, for a self-employed guy with zero prospect of any paid work for the foreseeable future, it certainly is. I can spare it sure, but I want it to go towards something I can make use of during this time of isolation, not something I have to wait months for. Thankfully, for me, AMS 2 is that something.

Not everyone will feel the same though, and I don't have a problem with that. To each their own.

Reiza has shown that they are a responsible dev and can be trusted. Bought an EA+Season pass and I don't regret it. You just need to understand that for half the price we get an unfinished product and consciously approach the purchase. In that case, there will be no disappointment.

It's the age old discussion engine vs. developer.
Yes, if there's a major flaw in the engine, then the best thing a different developer can do is to work around it somehow.
But so far what i've learned is that it's nearly never the engine but mainly the implementation of the developers that we criticize.

If you don't like AMS you most likely will also not like AMS2.
But if you don't like PC2, i wouldn't yet let go of AMS2.

Bought the game but only made a few test runs. What happened to the RX-Tracks from AMS1 ?
Will there be any gravel in this sim? If not, i´m very dissapointed.
It's Early Access. Some of the base content is currently missing, and only a few of the DLCs have been announced. If it was popular content in AMS 1 then I expect it'll be added at some point. If not...
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-early-backing-campaign.6233/

Expansion Pack 3 (DIRT PACK)

;)

I don't understand why are so many people here seem to have bought a game without informing themselves about its content in the first place.
I don't buy DiRT Rally and ask here why there is no Samir-co-driver yelling at me all of the time "Please, Sammy, you're breaking the car!" or "You have to listen to my calls!"
I know that I will be listening to the beautiful voice of Tanja Geilhausen when I choose the german co-driver.

I don't understand why are so many people here seem to have bought a game without informing themselves about its content in the first place.
It's a bit convoluted to find, though. I think, the least people are looking for this information in the early backing campaign thread. :)
I don't buy DiRT Rally and ask here why there is no Samir-co-driver yelling at me all of the time "Please, Sammy, you're breaking the car!" or "You have to listen to my calls!"
Why isn't this guy shouting at me, though? I want that audio pack!

It's a bit convoluted to find, though. I think, the least people are looking for this information in the early backing campaign thread. :)

Why isn't this guy shouting at me, though? I want that audio pack!
What does "convolute" mean?
Dictionary says it would mean "to form a helix/loop".
Do you mean that my statement doesn't lead to anything. If so, yes, you are right. It doesn't lead to anything but I do not understand why people do not inform themselves before spending their money ... after purchase they start to nag. I don't get it. AMS 2 is an Early Access title. So I should inform myself what I have to expect. And if I do not do so I shouldn't nag. As simple as that.
But alright, I am convoluting right now. Sorry for convoluting.

Back to topic:
Maybe there will be a Samir-DLC in the late future ... who knows. :)
When the Dirt DLC hits AMS 2 I expect a full-blown Samir-co-driver - with all the swear words, of course.

PCars2 was developed by Slightly Mad Studios. AMS2 is developed by Reiza. Those two companies have very different track records when it comes to further developing their games.
Some act as if Reiza just went in blind with the Madness engine. Reiza: "Hey, Ian, your game looks bad azz. Can we use your engine? Where do we sign? Ian: Um, don't you want to test the engine? Reiza: No Mate!. We're Reiza! We got this. Ian: But that's madness! Reiza: Yes, and we want it. Ian: Sign here, and Bob's your Uncle.
Tell me, what engine should they have used? Ego? Unreal? ISIMotor? Papyrus's old engine (iRacing), Unity? I'm sure there are others. Did AC, ACC, RFactor 1, and 2 and other racing titles hit the ground with all cylinders pumping? I do my fair bit of complaining, however, I don't take it to the extreme. I understand there is a process. Again, It's a process.

Edited...

Last edited:
What does "convolute" mean?
Dictionary says it would mean "to form a helix/loop".
Do you mean that my statement doesn't lead to anything. If so, yes, you are right. It doesn't lead to anything but I do not understand why people do not inform themselves before spending their money ... after purchase they start to nag. I don't get it. AMS 2 is an Early Access title. So I should inform myself what I have to expect. And if I do not do so I shouldn't nag. As simple as that.
But alright, I am convoluting right now. Sorry for convoluting.

Back to topic:
Maybe there will be a Samir-DLC in the late future ... who knows. :)
When the Dirt DLC hits AMS 2 I expect a full-blown Samir-co-driver - with all the swear words, of course.
He means it is not straighforward to get the info. Though it says early access and there is a ton of dev input detailing it is early access but that is an industry wide problem where early access lost its meaning a bit.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%