AMS 2 | Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit Headlines New Content Additions In Latest Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios today deployed a brand new update to their Early Access Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding new content, improved netcode and a raft of fundamental improvements to the title.

Update time! Yes, Friday, the start of the weekend, for most of us two days to rest and relax and more importantly - Automobilista 2 early access update time!

In this new build from Reiza Studios, the developing AMS2 simulation enjoys quite the array of changes and improvements, not least of which is some gratefully received netcode advancements for those with an online fancying, and AI balancing tweaks to be enjoyed by those that like their racing thrills against computer controlled opponents.

In content news, the latest build adds the impressive modern layout of Kyalami, plus the P2 specification Sigma P1 (with the updated 2020 P1 variant expected to arrive in sim once the real world version races on track). In old school content news, today's build adds the Passat to the Copa Classic FL category - however this car is know to cause a CTD at present, an issue that Reiza are currently investigating and expect to hotfix in the very near future.

Quick note - This is the last weekend to buy Automobilista 2 with the current 40% discount over its v1.0 price - as we have crossed the halfway point in our Early Access roadmap, by Monday pricing will be adjusted accordingly to be 20% off its v1.0 full price, remaining that way until its official release.

V0.9.0.1 CHANGELOG:

CONTENT

• Added Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit
  • Added Sigma P1 to P2 Class
  • Added Passat to Copa Classic FL Class
GENERAL
  • Update App Key used in Live Motion SDK
NETCODE
  • Reduced Fade Accel parameter to minimise chances of "ghost" car-to-car collisions in a Multiplayer Session
UI & HUD
  • Fixed back button on TimeTrial screen
  • Amended all brake bias labels to include F / R qualifier and all values to include front and rear.
  • Fixed telemetry HUD screen anchors (affects ultrawide positioning)
  • Fixed in-game menu anchors on various pages (audio, camera, controls & gameplay options screens, save/load setup, quick/full setup edit screens, VR)
  • Added Track Altitude information to loading screen
  • Added current time of day to Session Overview / Pause screens
  • Added Imola 1972 & Modern trackmaps
  • Added Stock Car Driver names
  • Updated missing tire names for Caterhams, F-Ultimate, Copa Classics
  • Added chat box to lobby page, multiplayer & pre-event screens
  • Fixed bug with incorrect engine torque statistic in vehicle selection & loading screen due to reversed metric / empiric system conversion
  • Adjusted naming for various Metalmoro MRX models
  • Fixed track country label on lobby page
  • Added exit confirmation to pre-event screen
  • Coodown lap now defaults to manual player control
PHYSICS
  • Standardized ranges, adjusted drag & lift increments per setting for cars with adjustable radiator & brake ducts
  • Adjusted brake heating for all prototypes & GT cars
  • Minor adjustments to Ultima Race, StockV8, F-Vintage tyre treads
  • Reduced roll inertia for StockV8, SuperV8, Ultima Race, Ultima
  • Slightly reduced grip off the ideal racing line
  • Reduced Metalmoro AJR diffuser efficiency
  • Adjusted StockV8 diffuser center of pressure slightly rearwards
  • Adjusted Roco, MRX, ARC Camaro engine torque curves
  • Moved default brake bias rearwards for Sprint Race, StockV8, Ultima Race
AI
  • Slightly increased AI awareness of human players
  • AI performance tuning for GT3, StockV8, P1, P2, P3, P4, Ultima Race, Sprint Race, F3, F-Vintage classes
TRACKS
  • Spielberg: fixed hole in garage floor; replaced incorrect pit building walls & pit doors; remapped garage and pit stall locations; removed excess grid assignments (32 cars supported); rebuilt triggers.
  • Brands Hatch. Fixed bug with cars appearing to float over the track; adjusted rolling start location; revised track limits; fixed garage door collision
VEHICLES
  • AJR: Adjusted Driver Animation; Added Imperio #175 & Mottin Racing 46 liveries
  • MRX: Corrected RPM LEDs for all variants
  • Ultima Race: Adjusted collision mesh
  • Puma P052: New liveries/updates/redesign for #01 #02 #04 #06 #07 #08 #10 #11 #12 #13 #19 #42 #53 #54 #69; Added community skins #17 #91

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

AMS 2 Kyalami.jpg

Last edited:
I just game the update a run and Kyalami is another exciting track to blast around, I like the tracks with big height changes.

Wheel feel on the DD2 on new default feels about the same, slightly heavier with the same settings so I had to knock a couple of points of gain down on each car. I still have to adjust the gain on many cars as it's either way too light or heavy, I look forward to per car FFB tuning when it arrives.

VR performance is still as good for me too, no slowdowns or other issues.

By accident, I discovered something interesting in time trial, this may always have been there and I just missed it of course. I accidentally triggered the gaze command in VR while hovering over a selected opposition ghost car and it triggered a replay of the lap with selectable view settings. It's certainly useful for seeing which corners the faster guys tend to cut and get away with running wide on the exit.

Just a clip with shortened loading times and a few seconds of on board as you can watch the full lap of your choice in-game.

• Deleted member 197115

Purchased it again yesterday (I refunded first EA release), gave it another honest hour and refunded again.
Just doesn't look that hot in VR with some performance issues on WMR, and FFB is still hit and miss on DD wheel.
Perhaps too spoiled by AC, but will try agan after V1.0.

I personally am a little disappointed that the most recent updates haven't addressed tyre model/suspension/physics -- like Reiza is satisfied with the current models, and have done all that they can within the engine they're using for the game and have moved on to other areas.
I know they've been working their asses off and banging out updates beyond what any other dev has ever done (big applause), but for me the current state of the game reflects none of the physics modeling which made AMS so special for me.
If anyone can fix this engine, it's Reiza. I just hope it's possible
No Niels, no party ....

I personally am a little disappointed that the most recent updates haven't addressed tyre model/suspension/physics --

Physics:

• Standardized ranges, adjusted drag & lift increments per setting for cars with adjustable radiator & brake ducts
  • Adjusted brake heating for all prototypes & GT cars
  • Minor adjustments to Ultima Race, StockV8, F-Vintage tyre treads
  • Reduced roll inertia for StockV8, SuperV8, Ultima Race, Ultima
  • Slightly reduced grip of the ideal racing line
  • Reduced Metalmoro AJR diffuser efficiency
  • Adjusted StockV8 diffuser center of pressure slightly rearwards
  • Adjusted Roco, MRX, ARC Camaro engine torque curves
  • Moved default brake bias rearwards for Sprint Race, StockV8, Ultima Race

If anyone can fix this engine, it's Reiza. I just hope it's possible

Have you not read what Renato has said about this engine? Reiza are not trying to fix this engine, they like this engine.

Received an email that I'm banned.
No I believe you - but am sorry to hear that.
They must have been stricter/harsher since I was a member (2+ years ago) - because at that time you would probably only have been "killed" by all the fannnnn(forbidden word personally for me by local censorhip) but the staff would just have shrugged on their virtual shoulders.

But the slow update thing is probably a soft point for them because iRacings service/membership is a bit expensive.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Actually I originally didnt mean posting it in the "real" iRacing forum but just the iRacing forum here under "Another".:thumbsup:

Kyalami + V10 combo.:thumbsup:
Oh man I just have to express my gratitude to Reiza after testing the historic Kyalamic layout out in the formula V10.
I still remember the track from my GTP Mod days(NR2003) in the Sauber up front against some of the US and Canadian semi-aliens (hehe and some absolutely backlight guys) in the FSB league.
About 10-15 years ago.:sleep:

The feeling in AMS2 in this car is amazingly good - when the car is in controlled drifting in the combined 2-3 corners after the long straight.
Me guess it is close to what it feels in RL:)

Just had a blast in the Formula V12 around new Kyalami. Feels pretty damn good. You can definitely tell some cars are more "finished" than others. The Formula Classic Gen 3 cars feel ok but the physics don't feel quite right yet. Specifically the way the tires behave in low speed corners doesn't feel right. And I'm guessing that's because those cars are brand new to AMS2 while the FV12 has been in AMS1 for a while. I dare say the FV12 feels better in AMS2 now than it did in AMS1. Which gives me a lot of hope for the other cars in the sim. You can really hammer the brakes on the FV12 too. Anyone having problems with brakes being too sensitive should try the FV12.

It'd be great if a replay file could contain the FFB effects felt so you could package it up to Rieza and say "Here, does this feel right to you!". (I know this isn't possible btw). Too many people have completely missing FFB effects coming through the wheel to dismiss it as just "opinion" about what feels good and what doesn't. My FFB on the New Default feels great. I can feel brake lockup (Get Vibration through the wheel), rear wheel slip, front end wash out.. There's not much left I would try and improve for me tbh. I got lucky it seems but my hardware is getting old which sometimes I think might actually be a benefit (CSWv1). I also don't have issue with brake sensitivity either.. Its all at default. But.. what happened with Goffik's FFB mystery and various others reporting so many missing FFB effects convinces me there are still some underlying gremlins related to hardware interactivity lurking in the code somewhere.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%