AMS2. FFB Profile Choice.

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Which FFB profile do you use?
If different from Default, please specify (if possible) the reason you prefer the Custom one and what in your opinion is missing/wrong in Reiza's implementation.

Thanks

• Deleted member 197115

Default got much better at some point, but went to worse after last updates. Silver Raw RFuktor 4.0 transforms title FFB to completely new level. Really makes it shine on DD wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Default got much better at some point, but went to worse after last updates. Silver Raw RFuktor 4.0 transforms title FFB to completely new level. Really makes it shine on DD wheel.
On my non-DD wheel, the FFB got better with the last update that they changed it. Beware that the sliders, particularly Damping, seem to work differently than before (including in the custom files).

I would recommend any picky people (most of us on this type of forum) revisit the sliders on Default and try the custom file mentioned (though I believe v3.4 is the latest, unless I am missing something). Once you load the custom file, it just sits there either to be used or ignored, so not much harm in having both options, properly configured, to choose from.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

On my non-DD wheel, the FFB got better with the last update that they changed it. Beware that the sliders, particularly Damping, seem to work differently than before (including in the custom files).

I would recommend any picky people (most of us on this type of forum) revisit the sliders on Default and try the custom file mentioned (though I believe v3.4 is the latest, unless I am missing something). Once you load the custom file, it just sits there either to be used or ignored, so not much harm in having both options, properly configured, to choose from.
Afraid attempting to please lower wheel users they overdid it with effects making more reactive DD wheels extremely chatty and oscillatory even at 0 FX and low LFB.
There is v 4.1 out already which helps with some numbness on grip loss, still there though.

Afraid attempting to please lower wheel users they overdid it with effects making more reactive DD wheels extremely chatty and oscillatory even at 0 FX and low LFB.
DD wheels need some damper and/or friction applied to make them less hectic, but overall I am very fond of the current Default FFB. Apart from the 60's Touring Cars and the Superkarts that feel like driving on gravel all the time :D

Can you share your Fanalab settings (and AMS FFB settings)?
Fanalab
sen auto
FF 100
DRI -2
FEI 80
FOR 100
SPR off
DPR off
BLI off
SHO 100

AMS
Custom
GAin 75
LFB 20
FX 43
Damping 50
Menu spring 0
you can change LFB dependinf how you feel the weith of your steering wheel
i always suggest a fast NOT heavy feel so you can correct slides fasters and make things smooth

• Deleted member 197115

DD wheels need some damper and/or friction applied to make them less hectic, but overall I am very fond of the current Default FFB. Apart from the 60's Touring Cars and the Superkarts that feel like driving on gravel all the time :D
In general, yes, but things are not that simple unfortunately as excessive damping eats fidelity and makes wheel feel like driving though molasses.
Dynamic damping that Reiza was trying to implement was on the right track few releases back, but now it doesn't seem to work. If you are on DD wheel, try rFuktor 4.1 and you can see how much different it feels. There are still some gaps in feedback forces (default or custom), so it's not smooth continuous transition between over under steer, grip/no grip as in Kunos titles, but at least it's not rollercoaster shaker anymore.

rFuktor 4.1
Ha, everybody tries to sell me on rFuktor :laugh:

I tried the v3.9 two or so weeks back, when I tried to get rid of the gravel in the Superkart. I don't like it, it's very floaty with no FX and very rattly with 5+FX, plus the gravel still was there. I know there are many people who are big fans of rFuktor. It's always subjective of course, but it's just not for me. Like I said, I really like the Default on my settings with a bit of Inertia and Friction in TrueDrive.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Yeah, like choosing between the plague and cholera. :D

Ha, everybody tries to sell me on rFuktor :laugh:

I tried the v3.9 two or so weeks back, when I tried to get rid of the gravel in the Superkart. I don't like it, it's very floaty with no FX and very rattly with 5+FX, plus the gravel still was there. I know there are many people who are big fans of rFuktor. It's always subjective of course, but it's just not for me. Like I said, I really like the Default on my settings with a bit of Inertia and Friction in TrueDrive.

What's true drive?

Also, does anyone else find that most of the cars lock up to easily at the moment - wayyy to easily as if AMS2 isn't right at the moment. Just wondering whether its me...

Last edited:
Also, does anyone else find that most of the cars lock up to easily at the moment - wayyy to easily as if AMS2 isn't right at the moment. Just wondering whether its me...

Some do, most don't. The brake pressure in the setup exists for a reason, I suggest you experiment with it until you get the threshold braking feel you need. In extreme circumstances, playing with brake sensitivity in the controller settings might also help. Also, it's possible to get the "brakes locking up" sound before the brakes actually lock and you start seeing smoke.

What's true drive?

TrueDrive is the driver software for the SimuCube 2 wheel.

A lot of cars have a quite harsh forward biased brake setting. If your fronts lock up too easily try shifting the brakes a few clicks to the rear and make sure your tires are up to temperature. You could also lower your brake pressure like mentioned above.

What's true drive?

Same here. That’s (one of) my main issues with this game. I have hard mounted CSL load cell pedals with 85 shore. Zero feeling under braking compared to rF2, AC/AC etc.

TrueDrive is the driver software for the SimuCube 2 wheel.

A lot of cars have a quite harsh forward biased brake setting. If your fronts lock up too easily try shifting the brakes a few clicks to the rear and make sure your tires are up to temperature. You could also lower your brake pressure like mentioned above.

Ah right - not for me and my TS PC then.

I dont usually ever fiddle with setups tbh but its time for me to man up - I will do what you and wolftree suggest.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 47.9%