Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Interested in the 10 nm wheel and run rF2 mainly but also AC and occasionally Dirt Rally.

From this thread its looking a lot better than when it started. Any recent purchases of the 10nm wheel using rF2 experiences would be helpful for me to make a decision.

Upvote 0
Interested in the 10 nm wheel and run rF2 mainly but also AC and occasionally Dirt Rally.

From this thread its looking a lot better than when it started. Any recent purchases of the 10nm wheel using rF2 experiences would be helpful for me to make a decision.
I can only say that March update brings RF2 improvements also!;)

Also now you have preset tool, which installs presets for F1 2018 , RFacotr 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0!
Will test those:)

Upvote 0
I changed the json file for rf2 (steering strength effect -10000 instead of 10000). Do you have to revert that back if you use the presets?

Upvote 0
I changed the json file for rf2 (steering strength effect -10000 instead of 10000). Do you have to revert that back if you use the presets?
I did that too back in time, never reverted back, so will report how is it with the preset now...;)

Added later: WIth the preset you see in my case "SW7 Compact" in RF2 controlls presets...and works fine without reverting .json file or edit something...;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I just purchased the SW12C yesterday and have a few questions. The heat issue... is it really an issue? Has there been any reports of fade or hardware melting? How much better has the software/general amount of issues in games become? It seems to me like it was a bit rough in the beginning of this thread but as of late, there has been a lot less reports of problems. If that is the case then awesome.

I'll be upgrading from a CSL Elite, and one of the main reasons I am upgrading is because I want to be able to run around 9nm without a lot of clipping. The CSL Elite felt like it clipped A LOT at full strength and oscillated A LOT on straights. On R3E with the CSL on center oscillations are so bad I have to turn my wheel like 1 degree back and forth just so it doesn't. Has anyone went from CSL/CSW to the the compact series? Is there still a lot of fine-tuning to be made by Ollie to the firmware?

On a side note, has anyone ordered recently and had there items shipped to US? How long did it take?!?!? I CAN'T WAIT to play RF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I just purchased the SW12C yesterday and have a few questions. The heat issue... is it really an issue? Has there been any reports of fade or hardware melting? How much better has the software/general amount of issues in games become? It seems to me like it was a bit rough in the beginning of this thread but as of late, there has been a lot less reports of problems. If that is the case then awesome.

I'll be upgrading from a CSL Elite, and one of the main reasons I am upgrading is because I want to be able to run around 9nm without a lot of clipping. The CSL Elite felt like it clipped A LOT at full strength and oscillated A LOT on straights. On R3E with the CSL on center oscillations are so bad I have to turn my wheel like 1 degree back and forth just so it doesn't. Has anyone went from CSL/CSW to the the compact series? Is there still a lot of fine-tuning to be made by Ollie to the firmware?

On a side note, has anyone ordered recently and had there items shipped to US? How long did it take?!?!? I CAN'T WAIT to play RF2.
I went from CSL Elite to SW7C!;) If you have any specific questions - shoot!:)

Upvote 0

Has anyone went from CSL/CSW to the the compact series? Is there still a lot of fine-tuning to be made by Ollie to the firmware?

On sw10c+ it gets hot, almost seems like it has increased with the latest firmware updates, but it does not affect the ffb strength or speed. I did about 2 hours of hill climbing in AC last night with non stop hard driving, grip, drift, handbraking and so on with the wheel working hard the whole time. It's a blast and i never noticed a change in the ffb. Went for the touch test after i called it quits and it was too hot to leave my fingers on, which was a first. Regular grip driving without having to constantly countersteer and saw at the wheel it only gets warm.

One of my only gripes with the firmware is fine tuning oscillation out of some games. Wreckfest and spintires i don't think are officially supported, and while it works i get oscillation. You can dial it out by increases the wheel weight but that also dulls the ffb. I'd say there's always more fine tuning, i'd like there to be something to negate centre oscilation specifically in the future. While the updates are still rolling out they have gone from several times a month to once every several months, but the major features Ollie promised have been delivered and the firmware is now available from the website rather than via email. So i'd say it's fine in it's current state and optimistic for future improvements even if only marginal.

It's not the same level as the fanatecs you mentioned but i've come from a t300rs, and it's totally different feel; smooth, no clipping, insanely fast and strong.

Upvote 0
On sw10c+ it gets hot, almost seems like it has increased with the latest firmware updates, but it does not affect the ffb strength or speed. I did about 2 hours of hill climbing in AC last night with non stop hard driving, grip, drift, handbraking and so on with the wheel working hard the whole time. It's a blast and i never noticed a change in the ffb. Went for the touch test after i called it quits and it was too hot to leave my fingers on, which was a first. Regular grip driving without having to constantly countersteer and saw at the wheel it only gets warm.

One of my only gripes with the firmware is fine tuning oscillation out of some games. Wreckfest and spintires i don't think are officially supported, and while it works i get oscillation. You can dial it out by increases the wheel weight but that also dulls the ffb. I'd say there's always more fine tuning, i'd like there to be something to negate centre oscilation specifically in the future. While the updates are still rolling out they have gone from several times a month to once every several months, but the major features Ollie promised have been delivered and the firmware is now available from the website rather than via email. So i'd say it's fine in it's current state and optimistic for future improvements even if only marginal.

It's not the same level as the fanatecs you mentioned but i've come from a t300rs, and it's totally different feel; smooth, no clipping, insanely fast and strong.
I am agree with all you say!

Upvote 0
But you should keep in mind that it is possible that the magnets inside the motor could lose strength over time due to heat. So the heat could become an issue in the future.

Upvote 0
But you should keep in mind that it is possible that the magnets inside the motor could lose strength over time due to heat. So the heat could become an issue in the future.
All racing wheels that use small motors with belts.gears etc get very hot...you just cant touch them inside the base. This industrial motor is made for industrial needs that will exploit the motor on 120%:) I dont think that the heat will give negative change in time to the motor....

Upvote 0
You can find some specs for these small MIGE motors on engineering sites.

It is way too technical for me, but it seems that these motors are rated “class B insulation” which means the insulation is rated up to 130 degrees celsius. The windings will degrade when run at that temp but they talk about degrading after a number of thousands of hours of operation at these temperatures, I don’t think that’s is very relevant for our type of usage.

Upvote 0
I went from CSL Elite to SW7C!;) If you have any specific questions - shoot!:)

Since Ollie is offering the option to setup without the one on one phone call, do you know what that’s like? Is there instructions in the packaging now or something? Mine will hopefully be arriving tomorrow.

You’ve had the sw7c for awhile now, are you still happy with it? Do you ever feel like you want to upgrade to a higher priced DD wheel? That’s my problem with hardware. I always end up wanting to upgrade and I’m hoping that this is essentially end game for me as far as the wheel base goes. Thanks for the reply.

This is good news. So you think on RF2 and AC and other main sims the oscillations aren’t as bad as wreckfest and spintires? That’s one thing I hated about the CSL. If I can tune them out I’m not too worried. What do you mean by it’s not the same level as fanatec? The support and firmware? Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Since Ollie is offering the option to setup without the one on one phone call, do you know what that’s like? Is there instructions in the packaging now or something? Mine will hopefully be arriving tomorrow.

You’ve had the sw7c for awhile now, are you still happy with it? Do you ever feel like you want to upgrade to a higher priced DD wheel? That’s my problem with hardware. I always end up wanting to upgrade and I’m hoping that this is essentially end game for me as far as the wheel base goes. Thanks for the reply.

For setup, drivers etc - you will receive email,if not received and there will have link for needed files to download...pretty easy to do by yourself...there is also Downloads section on the website, but better to follow official given link.

For the SW7C - I am even more satisfied, because the firmware and games support evolved alot...so now I have even better wheel from what I had...I dont want to change it for other brand or bigger motor version...ofcourse if I can afford it in future want to have/use/test the Fanatec DD1 or 2. But even that happens I will keep my SW7C:) Just love it!:)

Upvote 0
For setup, drivers etc - you will receive email,if not received and there will have link for needed files to download...pretty easy to do by yourself...there is also Downloads section on the website, but better to follow official given link.

For the SW7C - I am even more satisfied, because the firmware and games support evolved alot...so now I have even better wheel from what I had...I dont want to change it for other brand or bigger motor version...ofcourse if I can afford it in future want to have/use/test the Fanatec DD1 or 2. But even that happens I will keep my SW7C:) Just love it!:)

Awesome! I did receive the email with the instructions. It seems very simple. Now I’m growing impatient. My wheel is only 2 hours from me just... sitting. So tempted to call DHL and pick it up. Lol

Upvote 0
Hi All,
I'm really interested in purchasing the SW7C but still undecided whether to take this, or the SW7C+ version. Is the more resolution decoder really worth the price difference?

SW10 is out of the question, as I keep the budget as low as possible due to import tariff. And I currently have T500RS, and that's already more than enough power for me.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back