Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

How would the 10 or 10c compare to a Clubsport 2.5? If I was deciding between a 2.5 and the BMW wheel vs the 10nm and a wheel to go with it. Price/performance etc. Adding to that I live in Japan. I can buy Fanatec products here vs any thing direct drive related I would have to buy from overseas, pay taxes and get it shipped.

Upvote 0
I'm interested in the 12c+ as well and considering getting one. However, it's priced a bit below Fanatecs DD1 (less then €150 difference) and I can get that with almost no shipping costs.

With the DD1 being cheaper than all of the OSW wheels (except that one 9NM version), what would be the better choice? For the same price though I can get a simplicity 25NM version which is a bit stronger of course, but the Fanatec option is tempting too (even though heavily delayed).

Also, I've searched a lot but cannot find a single image of the inside of the control box from simplicity, is there no one who looked at what's inside it?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Can’t tell you. All I can say is that moving to a 12c will be huge upgrade from a Logitech or TM.

The 7, 10 and 12 have their own firmware and drivers, not simucube. The bigger ones are simucube ( after the upgrade of Simplicity website it does not say that anymore though).
Only “problem” I have with my 10c+ is that it gets hot. According to Ollie that is normal and I have never heard of it causing a problem. You will not have that with a 25 unit, I imagine that the Fanatec unit will run hot too.

I did look inside the control unit. Four neatly stacked IC boards.

As far as shipping: my unit shipped DHL UK to US for something like $90, which I thought reasonable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's going to cost me about 100 bucks more over a Fanatec 2.5 base to have it shipped here to Japan for a 10c. Should I pull the trigger? Or go with the Fanatec? This is about what I want to spend on a base as I still need to buy a steering wheel for it.

Upvote 0
If you go fanatec, you will have a heap of steering wheels to choose from that snap on and off easily. I received my F1 2018 LE rim from fanatec yesterday and it is an ansolutely exquisite bit of kit.

Upvote 0
I'm interested in the 12c+ as well and considering getting one. However, it's priced a bit below Fanatecs DD1 (less then €150 difference) and I can get that with almost no shipping costs.

With the DD1 being cheaper than all of the OSW wheels (except that one 9NM version), what would be the better choice? For the same price though I can get a simplicity 25NM version which is a bit stronger of course, but the Fanatec option is tempting too (even though heavily delayed).

Thanks!

Assuming Fanatecs DD1 release sticks to the revised schedule you have a significant opportunity cost to weigh up.

DD1 you get access to Fanatecs ecosystem of wheel rims and pedals/shifters. Everything except the wheel rims is modular, the rims are a more complicated affair.
A high end rim with USB button box and quick releases etc. is very expensive. I just run a plain rim 320mm with no button box permanently fixed to the hub, or you can convert a Fanatec rim which is a roundabout way of doing it. Not plug and play compared to using Fanatec rim and base.

I still see the DD1 as a risky proposition at this point, new product, delayed release, current rims ecosystem has known issues with breaking pins that may or may not persist or become worse with a higher strength DD motor.

It's a tricky one, on price alone i'd say go DD1, specs of the DD1 has much higher torque and holding torque. Remains to be seen how the ffb and software compares, can't be worse than Ollie's which is simple but effective, haven't used simucube but obviously it's the best.

Upvote 0
I thank everyone for the replies. I’m in the process of upgrading to an 80/20 rig so trying to figure out what my next upgrades are. Pedals and shifter are easy. The Heusinkveld sprints and shifter seem like a no-brainer compared to the Fanatec offerings so I’m going that route. Now I just need to figure out a wheel base on my budget. If I go with the 10 or 10c, I think I’ve decided on one of the Sim Racing Coach wheels which look really nice. If I go Ollie’s route, how will support be down the road? That’s probably the only thing that’s leaning me towards the CSW 2.5.

Upvote 0
Yeah, some great content here, thanks for the advice!

Think I'll save for a DD1 and hope they'll be available at the current scheduled date for late buyers. I can imagine that they can sell their complete stock to just the pre-orders and auction winners though so I will probably need to wait for another month after they're available.

Have been looking into a wheel lately with (magnetic) paddle shifters and some assortment of buttons, but, including quick-release it's an easy $700 for the wheel alone. And Fanatec has a few nice looking new wheels, can probably get the BMW GT2 and new formula wheel for the same price.

Upvote 0
I tested the new firmware during the last week, and the FFB improve a lot. My last update was in november and now with the telemetry is very easy adjust the force. Also the firmware now is on the web site, where every body can donwland it. In rf2 is awesome.

Upvote 0
RF2 has the best FFB now and by far. It's really an experience.
Ollie has made a great job.

I would like to have the support of Formula 1 2017 and 2018.

Upvote 0
Formula 1 2018 is supported now!:) I tested and works fine!
You are right, i was still using the previous firmware.
I tried Formula One with the last firmware and i still have the same issue, kind of rough vibrations and the feeling of having wooden tyres.
I tried to soften the vibrations without success, it seems that parameters have no effects on it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%