Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

You will never have free software available on a public server because this is how Ollie protects his work.
I understand that what you are looking for is having access to the firmware so you could buy the hardware by yourself at a better price and got a DD base for cheap.

Upvote 0
Y.
I understand that what you are looking for is having access to the firmware so you could buy the hardware by yourself at a better price and got a DD base for cheap.

what?

not at all, i'd just like somewhere i can get the software for my product thats all, what if he goes on holiday and you have t reinstall windows and didn't purposefully keep a copy? i mean i didn't hear from him for a week and when i went to refund due to disconnects i got an immediate response with a firmware 2 versions higher than the one i was running that had solved the disconnects, had this been ready for days? had others been given these firmwares? who knows, i have nowhere to go to check for updates

how is that protecting his work when anyone one of us could now upload these firmwares to the net ourselves anyway? that's a terrible argument, if that were the case every company would do that.

i mean ollies great and works really hard, i just think this is a bad way of distributing the software for the products

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course it's so hard to keep the files on your drive or on the cloud.
I'm not sure you have the right to make them public by the way if you are not a customer you will never have the last version.

Upvote 0
The rollout of the compact units has not been exactly smooth. The first batch had to be recalled and refunded, this second batch suffered delays, people asking for refunds and then the disconnecting problems.
We are dealing with a small company, pretty much a one man show. Ollie had/has a lot on his mind. Things like this can break a small business.

Still, I agree with Whip, there has to be a better way of getting new updates....I am pretty sure he’ll think of something in the near future.

Upvote 0
The rollout of the compact units has not been exactly smooth. The first batch had to be recalled and refunded, this second batch suffered delays, people asking for refunds and then the disconnecting problems.
We are dealing with a small company, pretty much a one man show. Ollie had/has a lot on his mind. Things like this can break a small business.

Still, I agree with Whip, there has to be a better way of getting new updates....I am pretty sure he’ll think of something in the near future.

don't get me wrong, i really like ollie and what he's done here, it took 2 weeks to even get mine working and i stuck with it cause i like him and what he's doing, i have nothing but respect for him, my only gripe is i have nowhere to go get the software or check for updates.

i believe he said its cause he want feedback, i said to him 2 weeks ago get a discord server for feedback, it's so much more efficient, he can host all the files there too and give permissions to customers for them

Upvote 0
So guys, at the end of the day, should i buy their 10/10+ or should i wait more for updates or fixes to come?
Is there anyone who could make a review on YT?
Kind regards
There are goods and bads.

The goods :
_ the kit is great and the installation is easy. The plate provided has plenty holes for compatibility.
_ the electronic box is probably half the size of the electronic box of a bodnar and i like it. It does not take much place. It looks good and never get hot, the motor do get hot if you use strong ffb.
_ you get the feeling of a direct drive which means that for the first time you will feel connected to the car and his movments.
_ you can't hurt yourself with the compact series

The bads :
_ it's smooth, so smooth, too smooth.
_ it's probably not as reactiv then others dd.
There is no emergency button and Ollie has locked the speed of the motor to 175 rpms. The motor can go to 2000 rpms. I'm quite sure that speed is not locked with higher kits which do have the emergency button.
By the way for what i've found on the net the others brands are not limited in speed.
_ because it's smooth i do not feel details of the road as i could.

I think it is too much filtered.
For example if you drive into a wall, nothing will happen. The choc is filtered by the software/driver and the signal is cut so you can't hurt yourself. It's a good thing but i'm afraid that you lost something due to this filtering.

Of course all is subject to the game and his ffb implementation. Some have huge road bumps when others don't.

Upvote 0

Where do you get these informations?
You talk for yourself or you know a dozen of person whose have been refund?

The main thing that i can see here, is two persons begging for having access to the firmware without having bought a CSW.

I never got a disconnection, it works like a charm and i think now that the software is really good.

Upvote 0
There are goods and bads.

The goods :
_ the kit is great and the installation is easy. The plate provided has plenty holes for compatibility.
_ the electronic box is probably half the size of the electronic box of a bodnar and i like it. It does not take much place. It looks good and never get hot, the motor do get hot if you use strong ffb.
_ you get the feeling of a direct drive which means that for the first time you will feel connected to the car and his movments.

Of course all is subject to the game and his ffb implementation. Some have huge road bumps when others don't.
The thing is that I should upgrade from a t500rs and I would know if it's worth the upgrade or if I should somewhere else.
I already know that I don't need a 20nm wheel because I would like to spend more on pedals
That's why I took an eye on simplicity s compact series.. And I'm looking for reviews .

Upvote 0
Where do you get these informations?
You talk for yourself or you know a dozen of person whose have been refund?

The main thing that i can see here, is two persons begging for having access to the firmware without having bought a CSW.

I never got a disconnection, it works like a charm and i think now that the software is really good.

There is a whole discussion on the gt planet forum from about a year ago about units ending up being recalled. There is even one guy in this thread who was obviously part of that...

Upvote 0
Is there a torque loss due to heat fade?

i never noticed any and it got hot to almost the point of not being able to put your hand on it, ollie said these motors won't fail until you can fry an egg on them, i have a fan blowing on mine now anyway, i bought a cheap clip on fan that i clipped to my rig just to be safe

Upvote 0
Thx!!!
I think there is an older thread..
Does not matter though, it mentions the power supplies being defective in a whole bunch of units and the resulting recall, which is what I meant.

Upvote 0
Check this video, how the wheel vibrate in the straight line

You will not get that even if you set the effects to 150.

In this video you will see different DDs, see how they shake in the straight line. Mine doesn't.

As i said too much filter, you get half of the direct drive properties that's what bother me.
Except this, it works really fine.

My advice if you want a direct drive but are short, buy the SW7C version without the encoder.
The less expensiv one.

Upvote 0
Check this video, how the wheel vibrate in the straight line

You will not get that even if you set the effects to 150.

As i said too much filter, you get half of the direct drive properties that's what bother me.
Except this it works really fine.

My advice if you want a direct drive but are short, buy the SW7C version without the encoder.
The less expensiv.

what effect settings do you mean?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%