Asetek sim racing - Hope or Hype?

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks!
- Suspect the mounting solution (at least bolt pattern) is standard all across as Mige mount works for SC2 and based on the picture linked in my previous reply seems like Asetek was mounted to the same front mount as used by SC2
- On releases and extenders, SC2 has unconventional bolt pattern that requires adapter to switch to standard 70mm, after that it's all standard (not SC2 specific), including variety of aftermarket quick releases like Buchfink and XeroPlay as OEM SC2 QR is not the most quick or easy to deal with thing.
- With Asetek due to their special wheel mount that allows communication and power to the wheel (SC2 is proprietary BT), afraid going for other QR options, if for some reason you decide to do that, would mean abandoning their wheelbase to wheel protocol, same goes with extenders, unfortunately. So we might wait until Asetek or 3rd parties provide the solution. Guess it's similar situation as with Fanatec.

Did you order SC2 Pro or Sport?
If Pro, verify with retailer if you are getting model with new MeanWell PSU, if not better cancel and wait. Phiphong based on user reports is more prone to failures.

EDIT: There is some bashing thread on reddit if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
- Suspect the mounting solution (at least bolt pattern) is standard all across as Mige mount works for SC2 and based on the picture linked in my previous reply seems like Asetek was mounted to the same front mount as used by SC2
- On releases and extenders, SC2 has unconventional bolt pattern that requires adapter to switch to standard 70mm, after that it's all standard (not SC2 specific), including variety of aftermarket quick releases like Buchfink and XeroPlay as OEM SC2 QR is not the most quick or easy to deal with thing.
- With Asetek due to their special wheel mount that allows communication and power to the wheel (SC2 is proprietary BT), afraid going for other QR options, if for some reason you decide to do that, would mean abandoning their wheelbase to wheel protocol, same goes with extenders, unfortunately. So we might wait until Asetek or 3rd parties provide the solution. Guess it's similar situation as with Fanatec.

Did you order SC2 Pro or Sport?
If Pro, verify with retailer if you are getting model with new MeanWell PSU, if not better cancel and wait. Phiphong based on user reports is more prone to failures.

EDIT: There is some bashing thread on reddit if interested.
That’s a hilarious Reddit thread. I love hardware bickering threads.

I bought a Pro.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 201 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.1%
  • At a friends house