Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Its here!

We are racing at Silverstone this June 2nd - find out the details HERE.

Ok, I don't really need to say anything else as I've got nothing new to add that you don't already know. Basically this is just somewhere for you all to put your comments, so I'll shut up and let you comment away!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Launch FAQ

ACC V1 Released.jpg

Q: What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game allows to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes. To know more about the Blancpain GT Series, please visit https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

Q: When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch out of Early Access?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 is available on May 29, 2019, featuring the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. Our development team will continue to support the game in order to include also the full roaster, cars and tracks of the 2019 Season with a FREE additional content coming after Summer 2019.

Q: Which controllers and steering wheels is Assetto Corsa Competizione compatible with?
A: See below a list of supported wheels and devices. In summary, any controller recognised by Windows DirectInput can be used with Assetto Corsa Competizione. If your device is not listed below, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not compatible with ACC, but it might not be fully supported.

FANATEC
  • Podium Wheel Base DD1, DD2
  • ClubSport Pedals V1, V2, V3
  • ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, Formula, Porsche 918 RSR, Universal Hub for Xbox One ClubSport Wheel Base v1, v2, v2.5
  • CSL Elite Pedals
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • CSL Steering Wheel
  • LOGITECH
  • G25 Racing Wheel
  • G27 Racing Wheel
  • G29 Racing Wheel
  • G920 Racing Wheel
MICROSOFT
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • THRUSTMASTER
  • 599XX EVO 30
  • Sparco® P310
  • F1
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Ferrari GTE
  • Leather 28 GT
  • T300 RS GT Edition
  • Sparco® R383
  • T3PA Pro pedals
  • T80
  • T150
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • T-GT
  • TH8 RS Shifter
  • TMX Force Feedback
  • TS-PC Racer
  • TS-XW Racer
  • TX
SIMXPERIENCE
  • AccuForce Pro v1,v2
GRANITE DEVICES*
  • SimucCUBE 2 Sport
  • SimuCUBE 2 Pro
  • SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate
*ARGON, IONI and SimuCUBE-based OpenSimWheel systems are also supported

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard?
A: You can use the mouse to control the user interface and the keyboard for user interface and car control.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers support for Oculus Rift (dedicated plug-in) and HTC Vive (Steam VR). Other devices might be compatible but are not officially supported.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support 4K natively?
A: Yes, and any screen resolution recognized by your OS can be set in game.

Q: Will there ever be a physical edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione available on PC?
A: We have put our full effort towards the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione; we may consider a retail version in the future, but it’s not planned yet.

Q: Will Assetto Corsa Competizione ever come to console?
A: We are putting all our efforts into the PC Steam version; a console version is surely under evaluation, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

Q: When can players expect the free 2019 update?
A: Our production team is already working on it and the release has been scheduled after Summer 2019.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It's called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century - because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the "view settings" option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles. Currently, Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support this feature. We'll continue to investigate to see if in future the triple-separate rendering will be supported in a feasible way.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.

Q: Which tracks are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: A list of all the official circuits included in the Blancpain GT Series calendar are available at this URL: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar. This also includes also Zolder as part of the 2018 Season.

Q: Which cars are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 includes 51 teams, 280 selectable drivers, 14 Manufacturers and the following car models:
  • Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
  • Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 Model Year)
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Honda/Acura NSX GT3
Q: How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers three types of Multiplayer action:
In the Public Multiplayer, you can join servers run by the community or official Kunos servers. They offer a vast amount of combinations regarding tracks, conditions and race events similar to the Assetto Corsa 1 universe.

To quickly find servers that suit your preferences and skills, you can either use the Quick Join functionality, or select one of the best matches in the highly personalized server list. To improve your experience, you can edit your preferences, so the suggestions may offer you more night or rain races; or add weight to latency or specific tracks.

While the Public Multiplayer will run casual and quick paced races, advanced users may want to use the Competition Servers. They are offer a competitive experience with very serious settings and hour-long races. The corresponding Competition Rating will track your progress and define the Splits in which you can compete on those servers. The requirements are high, so make sure you get an overview about the Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page.

The third section is the support of private leagues. They run their own race organization and series, which for example allows the use of Driver Swaps and adjusted rules. Additionally, we are looking into possibilities to allow leagues to run more than the 30 cars, and offer them the data output and Race Direction tools they need.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
A: The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the "Safety Rating (SA)" component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximize your Safety Rating.

Q: How many players does Assetto Corsa Competizione support?
A: Players can compete against other 30 opponents in single and multiplayer.

Q: What are the minimum system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione take advantage of NVIDIA RTX?
A: Currently, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support ray tracing yet. We continue to work closely with Epic Games and NVIDIA on integration of new technologies to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Q: What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
A: Resolution and number of frames depend by your hardware requirements. Assetto Corsa Competizione can match the same resolution recognized by your Operative system, and you can decide to cap the number of visible frames per second. We haven't set any limit on this.

Q: Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Where can I submit bugs?
A: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
Please use the proper forum sections and in case of bug submission, zip and attach the whole "Logs" folder located in your "C:\users*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved" folder (the "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties). In case of crash report, please always zip and attach the whole "Crashes" folder located in the same directory.

Q: What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione content is expected to be Assetto Corsa Competizione is accessible to all ages; for instance, the North American ESRB rating is “E” (standing for “Everyone”).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Sorry I'm just not getting the good feel of this title. Bought it when it first went early access and based on my experience of original AC early access, this one was refunded within an hour. The original AC of only a 458s3 and Silverstone international got me hooked. Today I bought ACC again hoping for something of epic progression. I felt let down. I refunded within the 2 hour time period. This title in far inferior of the original AC (apart from sound) I have a seriously modded version of the original with shader light pack and Sol weather working perfectly. I've contributed to the community with 100 downloads over the years and have invested too much time and effort to let it go. ACC is just another one off like codemasters F1 and Grid games. Project cars 2 dumps all over ACC. ACC will be long forgotten in 6 months without modding facility. We all know it and so does Kunos. In addition, I can only ever see ACC matching PCars2. Nothing more and we already had that a year + ago. I still went back to the original AC. KUNOS please focus on AC2 with ACC sound and make it moddable. If you don't you'll regret it. Sad thing is, you know it too.
Mod Edit: Not acceptable behaviour under our ToS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Edit: Not acceptable behaviour under our ToS.
There are 636 mods for PC2 here on Racedepartment. Officially not a moddable title but it is and has been. I don't play PC2 anymore anyway as I said. Only my opinion about ACC. Everyone so far has had different experiences with it, some good, some bad. It won't outlast the original AC. We all at least know that. I don't think it should have been released yet in the state that it is. Early Access across the games industry on PC needs to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
....funny game ... really funny.... I mean, it's funny to see people's reactions... for some, it's the best thing on earth (let me laugh), for others, it's the worst launch (cause bugs and visually far from nice) ...and it's funny to see people fighting (vitually off course) about it ...
For me this game is a real deception, when I first heard about a future ACC i said "oh no ! they won't have me !, AC is not really good, and this one won't be better" ....and then, people talks so much about it, one moment, I believed it could be better than expected, so i take the EA1 ....it was a shame, graphics, IA, and physics, nothing was good, now, it's better, but damn ! physics !!! how ridiculous they are !!!! you can hit the brakes as hard as you want, you won't have problem (try this in a real car, ahah, you could be surprised), same for gaz...I can play with inertia ans shake the car as I want, nothing's happening...what a joke ! even AC1 was more "realistic" ... I see some progress on tyre model, but damn ! it's so far from something "real"...
So ok, I take it as it is : a funny game, just to have fun with, but not more...and I'm literrally rolling on the floor when I read some guys saying it's the best and the more realistic thing on earth, ahah, take a brake guys, go on a real car, and we'll talk after^^
@++
Ah guys I found another Forza 'Sim'racer

Day 1 - I installed version 1.0 Friday night, it was terrible bug ridden, could not get my trust master wheel to work is was a disaster, uninstalled in and deleted all the remaining directories.

Day 2 - Decided to give it another go, downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers with support for ACC, re installed it and this time things started to work better. Watched NT review of all the cars round Brands Hatch and decided to have a go myself, at last it started to work as expected, wheel worked and I started to lap BH with various cars.

Decided to start quick races around BH, Spa and Monza, the Porsche seems to suit my driving style also been driving the Lexus, had some graphics stuttering at the top of Eau Rouge.

Started the process of experimenting with the graphics settings, used the Nvidia setting from page 7 of this thread, throttled back AA and other settings from x8 to x2, rendered pages x4 and setup a profile just for ACC. I have read somewhere about temporal upscaling when using resolutions less than 100%, I am using 70% with up scaling and guess what it started to look ok with a 1050 ti with 4GB of ram.

RC - 70%
VD - High
Shadows - Mid
AA - High
Type - Temporal
Effects - Low
PP - Mid
Foliage - Mid
Texture - High
MVD -20m
MQ - Low
MR - Mid
OP - All (running with 29)

Temporal UpSampling - enabled

This is the 1st time this system has looked decent on my system and a match for the original.

Day 3 - Raced around Silverstone and Paul Ricard, PR is a bit of a resource hog in the evening so I switch them rear view mirror off and just use radar and proximity.

Tried racing with storm settings round Silverstone that was frightening.

Joined a Multiplayer session that went ok.

Finished up thrashing around Zolder.

I am starting to enjoy it!

RTSS Scanline Sync

There's a lot of general grumbling about the less than stellar performance of ACC. I think it's fair to say that ACC is pretty resource heavy. It's also fair to say that it doesn't cooperate well with non-hyperthreaded processors such as my i5, and that getting non-stuttering gameplay, particularly with more than a handful of AI, can be a real challenge. I run an i5-7600K 3.8GHz CPU, 16GB RAM, an 8GB GTX1070 into a 42inch 1080p TV. Like many people it can run the game at 90-120 fps, but is badly CPU limited, which means that the GPU barely runs over 50%, and the frames periodically dip to completely unacceptable levels when the CPU chokes.

Part of the problem is that without any kind of syncing you can get high framerates and low input lag, but constantly changing fps makes the game not seem smooth, and you get bad screen tearing. If you just cap the framerate to your monitor's refresh the rate input lag goes down but the smoothness just isn't there. For this you need some kind of syncing, but it's pretty obvious that ACC doesn't play well with vsync - it looks smooth but has really noticeable input lag, and when the fps drops below the refresh rate it gives really bad stuttering. Fast sync needs 2 or 3 times your monitor's refresh rate to work, and even then not well (at least on my box)

Looking around on a few forums I eventually found out about Scanline Syncing, which is available as an option within the latest versions of Riva Tuner Statistics Server (RTSS) which comes with MSI Afterburner. Scanline sync works by using the spare power of your GPU (particularly on CPU limited systems like mine with ACC) to hide the "tear" line off the top or the bottom of the screen. This has the side effect of automatically capping the refresh rate to that of your monitor, but unlike vsync it creates little additional input lag. And when the fps drops below the refresh rate, all you see is some slight tearing rather than terrible stuttering.

To use it, you disable vsync and framerate limiting in-game and in the driver (using nvidia inspector etc), and make sure you're running ACC in true fullscreen. Then you enter a value into the "scanline sync" field of RTSS. You'll need to trial and error this, or look online for suggestions depending on your monitor. If you're running a 1080p monitor or TV then you can try 1050, I use that and it puts the tear right down the bottom where it can't be noticed.

All through EA and for the first day or so after 1.0 release,with medium settings and 85% scaling I struggled to get it to hold 60+fps without massive dips in framerate down to 10fps every 20-30 seconds even just hotlapping. With RTSS Scanline Sync I run nearly everything at Epic or maximum settings*, 110% scaling, and get smooth 60fps in any weather and/or time with 9 AI (I never run full fields in any sim). Scanline sync doesn't magically make things faster, but it saves your CPU from working so hard to get higher FPS than your monitor for low input lag, which prevents it periodically bottlenecking, and it seems to mask framerate dips way better than vsync, making everything seem smoother. On my mid range system it has totally transformed the game, and now I'm playing the hell out of it. Maybe it will help a few of you too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​
* Mirrors off completely. On i5 systems mirrors seem to chew up 30% of your CPU even if not visible. If you find that you get bad stutter in turns, it's likey to be the game having to do significant calculations for the mirrors.
* View distance high (barely different from epic but saves significant CPU work),
* Shadows high (higher performance than medium, go figure).
* Volumetric fog low. This is more a preference than essential, but it will save a few FPS.
* Motion blur off. Ditto.
* Make sure you are using the latest nvidia drivers, supposedly optimised for ACC.
* Make sure your system is not starting the game in VR mode (some people have reported that even on a flat screen steam started a VR process which halved the frames.

Last edited:
I have discovered that it runs a hell of a lot better for me if I use override all settings in the Nvidia control panel and not to let the game settings do it. So much smoother for me.
This race sim is looking and feeling quite good all of a sudden. Far superior than Pcars 2 in every department.:thumbsup:

Going all the way back to Netkar namie, I have never seen KS release any software and use v.1 as the end of development.
If anything, it is usually the release prior to the start of optimization.
This, more than likely won't be any different.
Kunos and Company strike me as guys who are extremely proud of their work.
I'm not worried in the least...not even a little bit.
They're like the Reiza team in that regard.
The good thing is, we have lots of sims to keep us busy.
Heck!....there's so much good racing simulation software out there at the moment, that I am trying hard to find time to race with it all.
It is good to be a sim-racer today.

Last edited:
Well, me and a bunch of my community did a 30min fp1/20min quali / 90 minute race last night at Paul Ricard after updating to the public beta build and it went flawlessly.

Ran it on a 4x multi starting at 6pm server time to mirror the real blancpain race, full 30 car grid and tbh it was pretty awesome. *will put race in video section soon*, so as far as I'm concerned I'm having a blast.

I support Kunos, I loved AC, hence I entered the EA, even if I am not into GT3s, just wanted to back them up & give my money.
But by releasing this beta version and call it V1, they went too far. This is not EA anymore, you can't fool customers like this.
Whatever the reason is (I guess the fact they were bought over and can't decide anymore), it is still not acceptable. AC was way more playable when released V1.
Kunos disappointed a lot of people, ACC might not be a great business success, and they will have to prove they can deliver a finished game, like they did for AC. Even if they do, I'm skeptical about the sales, for such a niche, once you realize there is no ranking/mm.
Once done, I suggest they quickly move to something more like AC2, because the money is rather there than for a niche of a niche (Blancpain..exclusive).
Right now, I am 10x more hyped by AM2 than by whatever ACC will become.
But like I said, I'm not into GT3s. Good luck Kunos.

If you are not into GT3 racing, and you did it to support Kunos, where does the dissapointment come from? I mean, it's not like you were going to enjoy the game that much, even being perfect :O_o:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%