Assetto Corsa Competizione | (Yet Another) New Hotfix Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni remain busy bees back at base with yet another new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione - available now on PC.
  • Hotfix 1.6.3 available.
  • AI Improvements.
  • Graphical tweaks.
Yes, if you fancy yourself some Assetto Corsa Competizione action over the last day or two you'll have needed to download yet another hotfix for the official GT World Challenge simulation as the ever busy team over at Kunos Simulazioni have deployed another new build over the last couple of days.

Again aimed at addressing a few outstanding issues within the title, plus some further AI tweaks and changes, the new build is available on Steam now.

ACC Hotfix Middle.jpg

Update Notes:

Graphics:

• Fixed excessive exhaust flame probability of the Porsche Cup car.
  • Fixed proximity-based auto-hiding of netcars in the pitlane in all sessions and car visibility settings.
Gameplay:
  • AI: increased AI qualifying pace in traffic scenarios.
  • AI: improved ability to attack lapped cars.
  • AI: reinstated and improved logic to facilitate lapping.
  • AI: better ability to recover from spins that don’t fully block movement.
  • Fixed player-filtered highlights focus.
UI:
  • Fixed savegame mixed content detection.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting my PC upgraded to play this, I've only put in a relatively small amount of hours so far, so looking forward to the new kit arriving and starting afresh with it.

I’m not undermining your points, I wish for the high curb to be remedied too. But this was just a hotfix and there will be many more... just happy that the work is ongoing :thumbsup:

I wonder, if it is really a bug, when some cars are getting air born on the curbs?

I have tested different 2020 GT3 cars on the Imola track with its saucage curbs. My experience so far, using the agressive setups:
  • AMG GT3 is very easy on the curbs
  • Porsche 991 GT3 is nearly undriveable
  • Audi - more or less easy
  • Lexus - not as good as the AMG
Laptimes around 1,45 - 1,47.

From my experience the provided setups of some cars are comparable stiff and some details seems to me not logical. The wheel rate of the 991 is comparable high and the bump stop travel at the front is set to 1mm? With this, the front is nearly rigid. In contrast to this, the AMG has much softer springs and a bump travel of 8 mm at the front.

Long story short - from my point of view the quality / maturity of the provided setups seems to be different.

Cheers

I wonder, if it is really a bug, when some cars are getting air born on the curbs?

I have tested different 2020 GT3 cars on the Imola track with its saucage curbs. My experience so far, using the agressive setups:
  • AMG GT3 is very easy on the curbs
  • Porsche 991 GT3 is nearly undriveable
  • Audi - more or less easy
  • Lexus - not as good as the AMG
Laptimes around 1,45 - 1,47.

From my experience the provided setups of some cars are comparable stiff and some details seems to me not logical. The wheel rate of the 991 is comparable high and the bump stop travel at the front is set to 1mm? With this, the front is nearly rigid. In contrast to this, the AMG has much softer springs and a bump travel of 8 mm at the front.

Long story short - from my point of view the quality / maturity of the provided setups seems to be different.

Cheers
You can't be serious dude.

Also go watch the GT3 Imola race, no cars are launched into the air like ACC does. And no, it's not only a problem in Imola, it's every high kerb, like the second chicane at Monza. Hitting these things can launch you into the air, all 4 wheels, absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
it's every high kerb, like the second chicane at Monza.

I don’t seem to have any issues with riding the curbs at Monza. I’ve just watched a number of YouTube live-stream ACC races at Monza and drivers dont seem to be flying through the air anywhere around the circuit when they run over the curbs. If it was a bug in the game, wouldn’t it be happening to everyone?

Getting airborne over the kerbs happens in real life:

Last edited:
I don’t seem to have any issues with riding the curbs at Monza. I’ve just watched a number of YouTube live-stream ACC races at Monza and drivers dont seem to be flying through the air anywhere around the circuit when they run over the curbs. If it was a bug in the game, wouldn’t it be happening to everyone?

Getting airborne over the kerbs happens in real life:

Another one that didn't watch what I linked. He went over the kerb with both front wheels.

Before you post, know what is being discussed first.

I watched what you linked but you didn’t read what I wrote (perhaps because it doesn’t fit your complaint?). If it’s a bug in the game, why isn’t it affecting everyone?
It's, I see people hitting these kerbs and getting the same behavior all the time.

Whiteknights are in denial, just like back when we had the old **** tyre model. People defended that as well, just like you are doing now.

It's, I see people hitting these kerbs and getting the same behavior all the time.

You’re clearly not watching the same streams as me then! Show me a streamed Monza race where everyone who rides the curbs gets airborne, because if it’s not happening to everyone, it’s difficult to understand how it could be a bug. I can’t speak for Imola, but as I said earlier, I don’t have an issue at Monza.

Last edited:
You’re clearly not watching the same streams as me then! Show me a streamed Monza race where everyone who rides the curbs gets airborne, because if it’s not happening to everyone, it’s difficult to understand how it could be a bug. I can’t speak for Imola, but as I said earlier, I don’t have an issue at Monza.
I'm talking more about Imola, since you have to take every kerb and they are all pretty high. In Monza it rarely happens because we all know we have to avoid the sausage at the exit of the second chicane, and that's why this issue was ignored for so long, it's rarely a problem in most tracks, except Imola.

Looking at both videos I linked on my thread, I'm starting to believe there's something wrong with the suspension/damper in certain conditions.

Last edited:
Looking at both videos I linked on my thread, I'm starting to believe there's something wrong with the suspension/damper in certain conditions.

I have watched your video and I have watched a lot of other videos and streams on regular basis. The conclusion is, that cars getting airborne occasionally on high curbs goes back to the choosen drive line and the setup.

There is nothing wrong with the suspension/damper in the terms of a bug. In your other thread Kunos have already give you a statement.

As mentioned in my first reply it depends very much on the setup, and also on the type of the car. That is a fact you can not deny. Have you tried to adjust your setups? Have you analyzed the motec readings? I guess no.

This one:

is quite impressive - 1.40 in Imola, At the end you will find the details of the used setup. Try this and compare the driving experience with the default aggressive setup. If there is no difference for you, the bug seems to between your ears, dude.

Cheers

I have watched your video and I have watched a lot of other videos and streams on regular basis. The conclusion is, that cars getting airborne occasionally on high curbs goes back to the choosen drive line and the setup.

There is nothing wrong with the suspension/damper in the terms of a bug. In your other thread Kunos have already give you a statement.

As mentioned in my first reply it depends very much on the setup, and also on the type of the car. That is a fact you can not deny. Have you tried to adjust your setups? Have you analyzed the motec readings? I guess no.

This one:

is quite impressive - 1.40 in Imola, At the end you will find the details of the used setup. Try this and compare the driving experience with the default aggressive setup. If there is no difference for you, the bug seems to between your ears, dude.

Cheers
A video of going over a kerb and not getting launched into the air doesn't prove anything. If you watched my video and read what I wrote there you would understand my point, same line with same setup with completely different outcomes. You sometimes does get launched, it's not always, and that's why there's something wrong. They did not give any statement, they are just ignoring it like they did with the old tyre issue, if it's possible to get away with it, they will.

It's the same as before the tyre patch, over and over again people saying there's nothing wrong. You actually believe all 4 wheels should lift after hitting a high kerb with only 1 wheel?

Long story short ... you have not performed any setup studies and/or analyzed your motec readings? Then please go back and do your homework.

Btw ... your raceline is not the same. No. 2 is tighter then from No. 1. Not seen?

Cheers

P.S.
Ref. missing statement from Kunos. What is about "bwwha... looks totally fine to me"?

Long story short ... you have not performed any setup studies and/or analyzed your motec readings? Then please go back and do your homework.

Btw ... your raceline is not the same. No. 2 is tighter then from No. 1. Not seen?

Cheers

P.S.
Ref. missing statement from Kunos. What is about "bwwha... looks totally fine to me"?
It's the same line. And that statement is the same as they did back when we had old tyre model. Used to devs small talking problems trying to get away with it.

High kerbs should not feel like you are hitting a rock, and should not launch a car if you hit it with only 1 wheel.

Lots of whiteknights defended Kunos back then as well, denial in them is pretty normal.

Last edited:
it's every high kerb, like the second chicane at Monza.
In Monza it rarely happens

Which is it? If it’s every high curb, it should happen at many tracks.

Lots of whiteknights defended Kunos back then as well, denial in them is pretty normal.

The ”white knight” comment is almost always used by people who are given an explanation but refuse to believe that it may possibly be their fault and not a game bug! You need to get a reality check - if it was happening on all high kerbs to everyone, this forum (and the official one) would be full of people complaining about it and thats not the case.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%