Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Must be so funny and entertaining to drive hours and hours vs a dumb AI
I know right, how in the world could somebody have more fun in any other way than getting ass-plowed going into turn 1 on lap 1 ninety plus percent of the time? Or more fun than getting took out while lapping somebody 4 laps into a 10 lap race?
Absolutely insane that somebody could somehow have a good time racing a full field of opponents in whatever car they choose at whatever track they choose for however many laps they choose, anytime they choose to do it.

I know right, how in the world could somebody have more fun in any other way than getting ass-plowed going into turn 1 on lap 1 ninety plus percent of the time? Or more fun than getting took out while lapping somebody 4 laps into a 10 lap race?
Absolutely insane that somebody could somehow have a good time racing a full field of opponents in whatever car they choose at whatever track they choose for however many laps they choose, anytime they choose to do it.
I didn't say you can't have fun for some time, but it gets dull AF. There is nothing more entertaining than racing against real opponents who have a minimum level of respect and competitiveness.
If we would have a nice penalty system integrated in AC....maybe Multiplayer would be a better place

Showroom yes, it's where the Ferrari Virtual Academy started up, in that garage. There's no reason they couldn't put the whole track in.
Other than the fact they need a license to include it... and Ferrari maybe aren't quite as willing to have their personal test track in a game which extensively features non-Ferrari cars unlike the previous title you mentioned, which was exclusively all Ferrari content...

Plus, its a not a proper race track, so appeal will be limited.

Would it be cool to have, especially since we are getting more Ferrari content? Sure, I'd love it, but think about the overall picture, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I don't get this "nobody to race against", "driving 2 laps and then never touch again" theme in here at all. This DLC fits better then every other we had so far.

The 330P4 broadens the classic Le Mans field with the Ford GT40 and the Porsche 908. Great for classic club races to get a more diversified field of cars.

The 312/67 is finally an opponent for the Lotus 49, after years. For the first time we can do classic F1 with more then one type of car in the field. Hopefully we will see club races with those two soon.

Then we have 3 great street cars. I personally love to drive street cars in nice mountain roads like Transfaragasan or Tajo (or many more), for a change to online racing. There is no(!) other simulator out there to give you that kind of sensation, in contrary to many and many more simulators with race cars and race tracks.

The only 2 cars i don't care too much are the two F1 cars, but i suppose there are other people who will have fun racing them around.
5/7 is not too bad

Yeah I'm posting this on every forum I found related to AC. I can't even tell my opinion on a forum now.
Its just my opinion, since I'm playing AC I have only seen Car DLC's, although (IMO) there already was a lack of tracks and multiplayer variety. But I must be the only one complaining about this.
Open a thread and tell your opinion about whatever you want to complain today. This is a thread about this specific dlc and these cars.

If they stop releasing any more cars that doesn't mean there will be loads of tracks next.
Can we stop with the same complaints over and over when we know the new track is going to be Laguna Seca. Just because you complain on all the forums, that won't make another track appear before Laguna Seca... unless they secretly made another one while waiting for LS.

So please get some sense and don't make us look like we're censoring you. You and others are just being annoying with the same thing over and over again, especially in threads not related to your subject.

Open a thread and tell your opinion about whatever you want to complain today. This is a thread about this specific dlc and these cars.

If they stop releasing any more cars that doesn't mean there will be loads of tracks next.
Can we stop with the same complaints over and over when we know the new track is going to be Laguna Seca. Just because you complain on all the forums, that won't make another track appear before Laguna Seca... unless they secretly made another one while waiting for LS.

So please get some sense and don't make us look like we're censoring you. You and others are just being annoying with the same thing over and over again, especially in threads not related to your subject.
its actually the FIRST time I complain about this because its really getting ridiculous. Yeah keep living in your bubble

Sorry, not getting into that game. If you thought my opinion was confusing and plain wrong, my apologies.

Imagine if I went into one of your WIP threads, and said to you that "oh well, maybe next time you're gonna do a decent job" and then bugger off without an explanation.
Without knowing which car we modelled, you just cannot be objectively right on this, yet you're here hinting a word of wisdom from the high gardens of the more respected corners of the modding community and refusing to elaborate. How am I (or anyone else) supposed to interpret this?

Yes, you're allowed 100% to form and express your opinion wherever you want (my saying all this is not to take that away or to bully you into not doing it), just as I am to say what I make of it. I'm sorry but it doesn't really seem more than artistic arrogance.

You're putting me in a hard position because otherwise I have immense respect for your work and skills, and I wish you had been around much sooner, but it's damn hard to ignore these claims and go on with my day. I shall wave to Stefano, we're both quite weak in this respect.

its actually the FIRST time I complain about this because its really getting ridiculous. Yeah keep living in your bubble
How is it getting ridiculous when it was the company that said Laguna Seca is going to be the next laserscanned track. You must think they are lying if for you that's ridiculous. I'm not living in my bubble, I simply read the information devs told us about the next things added to the game.

If you have the right to complain about whatever, I also have the right to complain about whatever: Kunos give us saves mid game - I want to do full race weekend races (in custom championship mode) but I don't have the time to do it all in one go. Which means I need to save the practice or qualifying session and the next day continue from there.

@Michael Hornbuckle do you happen to know if brake temps have been extended to the entire roster? Is the big expectation I have for 1.5, aside for timed races offline
From the classic cars, only the lamborghini countach doesn't have brake temps. It feels out of place after I try cars like the F40 and other older cars.
correction: Miura doesn't have it either.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 261 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 282 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 165 27.6%
Back