Assetto Corsa Ferrari Celebration DLC Releases September 19th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, Kunos Simulazioni have confirmed the highly anticipated Ferrari 70th Anniversary Assetto Corsa DLC is on its way, releasing this September 19th!

Created to mark the 70th anniversary of the Ferrari brand, the new Assetto Corsa DLC offering will contain some of the most iconic road and racing machines produced by the legendary marque, including plenty of historic content and the 2017 specification Formula One car that currently sits second in the Formula One World Drivers Championship.

As a reminder you can check out the Ferrari Celebration Pack DLC contents below:
  • 1962 250 GTO
  • 1967 330 P4
  • 1967 312/67
  • 1984 288 GTO
  • 2004 F2004
  • 2017 812 Superfast
  • Ferrari SF70H 2017 F1 Car

With Kunos having confirmed the new DLC is just seven days away from a public release on PC (Xbox One and PS4 to follow at a later date), the Italian development team have released a nice new trailer for one of the most spectacular cars included in the pack, the stunning 1962 issue Ferrari 250 GTO, which can be viewed below:

Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO... The 250 GTO model was the pinnacle of the development of the 250 GT series in competition form, whilst still remaining a road car. It made its public debut at the annual pre-season Ferrari press conference in January 1962, and was the only front-engined model on display, with its monoposto and sports racing counterparts all having a mid-engine configuration. The 250 GTO was the ultimate expression of the Ferrari 250 GT car. It was equally at home on the road or track – perhaps the last dual purpose road/race car produced – and has achieved legendary status amongst aficionados of the marque. With only a relatively small production run of thirty-six cars, and with many of the examples produced having a great racing pedigree, it has become one of the icons of Ferrari's production history, with a revered position in collectors' circles.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 2.png
Assetto Corsa Ferrari 250 GTO 3.png

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
That doesn't mean there is no room for improvement!
Aren't they improving the sim every patch? Some people around here talk like Kunos owes us something. We bought their product. They continuously develop it. They give us an option to buy additional high quality content. But they are not robots, they don't have infinite resources, neither in terms of finances, nor in terms of manpower. I don't understand this community sometimes. Let's be grateful they develop the sim, free of charge, after the initial release. DLC is just for those who want it.

We've heard this a thousand times. Being a happy player does not prevent you from pointing out to devs that there are things to improve in the game rather than keep adding cars - even if devs do know what they want their product to be.This is supposed to be a discussion thread, not a meeting of yes-men.

A discussion thread about the upcoming Ferrari DLC, not about the (supposedly) lack of tracks, features and servers...

Edit:

Hell, I have a couple of things too that I would like to see apart from the typical stuff.
Amongst them my personal pet hate of "Stig Man" and his Darth Vader helmet driving my road cars. Would love to have a civilian driver with no helmet and hairy hands, but you won't see me dropping it in every single post on the forum. I posted it once in the mod request thread, which is where it should go. Got no reaction, I moved on...

Last edited:
@Gergo Panker know that if you missed any detail in the 312 I am gonna be so pissed :D I know the car by bolt and screw for how it was back in the day, and how it evolved during the '67 season and later on. Don't tell me you have modeled it after the museum restored car :p

Of course not, we went back in time and arranged a photoshoot with Mr. Amon. What is even considered original condition in this case, when the car is constantly changed race after race? Same applies for the SF70H, what would you consider the SF70H from 2017 ten years from now? Pre-season, Australia, Brazil, somewhere in between? (I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested).

We've heard this a thousand times. Being a happy player does not prevent you from pointing out to devs that there are things to improve in the game rather than keep adding cars - even if devs do know what they want their product to be.This is supposed to be a discussion thread, not a meeting of yes-men.
Looking forward to the Ferrari celebration pack? Instabuy? Which car are you most anticipating taking out on the circuit? Let us know in the comments section below!
This isn't a discussion about features the community wants. But I guess every discussion is about that on RD. I haven't read the terms of agreement, so maybe it was there that every discussion is about complaining first and foremost.

I love Ferraris. I love discussing cars and sims and racing. It gets tiring reading about complaints all over the place in an unrelated thread.

Some people here say that they are not interested in another car pack without track or game improvement that they think the game lacks at the moment. You are seeing this as a complaint. You can simply just admit that this is an opinion; just like yours.
Personally I love Ferraris, I had a wonderful time drooling over the 70 years Ferrari exhibition in LA this summer, but I won't buy another DLC without track or "popular" racing cars like in the Porsche DLCs, whatever the price.

This isn't a discussion about features the community wants. But I guess every discussion is about that on RD. I haven't read the terms of agreement, so maybe it was there that every discussion is about complaining first and foremost.

I love Ferraris. I love discussing cars and sims and racing. It gets tiring reading about complaints all over the place in an unrelated thread.
It should be, because what AC needs right now is not DLC. Of course people are going to talk about features when this DLC is taking away resources that could be allocated towards improving the game as a whole. The obvious problem is, if Kunos were in any way interested in things like that, they would've made lobbies with DLC cars you don't own accessible a long time ago.

And no, I don't see what could be discussed about the cars that hasn't been already. Right now it's just people pointing out favorites, which does not constitute a discussion. The only unique thing I noticed was the one guy rightly pointing out which version of the SF70-H we'll be getting, and nobody's even bothered to reply to him.

Some people here say that they are not interested in another car pack without track or game improvement that they think the game lacks at the moment. You are seeing this as a complaint. You can simply just admit that this is an opinion; just like yours.
Personally I love Ferraris, I had a wonderful time drooling over the 70 years Ferrari exhibition in LA this summer, but I won't buy another DLC without track or "popular" racing cars like in the Porsche DLCs.
The absence of content and features that should be in the game is not an opinion, it's a fact. Whether those features warrant being introduced is an opinion, but at this point, it's the only valid opinion. Kunos saying otherwise and focusing primarily on $$$ is a big reason why AC is stagnating right now.

Of course not, we went back in time and arranged a photoshoot with Mr. Amon. What is even considered original condition in this case, when the car is constantly changed race after race? Same applies for the SF70H, what would you consider the SF70H from 2017 ten years from now? Pre-season, Australia, Brazil? (I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested).
I'd say the chassis from Australia. But this year it's hard with the changed liveries mid-season. As a matter of fact, regardless the chassis, which liveries are coming with the SF70H? Australia or Monaco, or Monza 70th Anniversary? If you are allowed the share the information of course :)

Of course not, we went back in time and arranged a photoshoot with Mr. Amon. What is even considered original condition in this case, when the car is constantly changed race after race? Same applies for the SF70H, what would you consider the SF70H from 2017 ten years from now? Pre-season, Australia, Brazil, somewhere in between? (I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested).

I understand your point Gergo ;) still, there is way to determine what is accurate or what is not. For example the fire extinguisher pull in the cockpit was introduced in early 68, and therefore was not present in 67 (I have pictures to prove that). While the restored car has it. The steering wheel: Amon always used a black one with holes, while the plain one was introduced in 69. The restored car uses the plain one. The engine wires were black and not blue. The exhaust shapes, mirrors and so on. I don't know if I explained myself. Of course you have to go down more to a period rather than the entire season, but still, it is possible to determine a reasonable historical accuracy ;) no prob mate, this topic is pretty salty

Same applies for the SF70H, what would you consider the SF70H from 2017 ten years from now? (I'm genuinely interested).

Its a good point. The changes made throughout a season are minor but many.

Would it be the first day of pre-season, when the press photos are taken and the world gets its first look? Or maybe the most mature, Abu Dhabi race spec. Or maybe its the high-downforce, low efficiency of Monaco, or low drag spec from Monza? Or maybe there is a mid-season large change like the narrow nose on the Merc, after all, no one remembers the old one...

Regardless of spec, I can't wait for this. I do hope we go without the T-wing though, but I expect we will get it since I think Ferrari ran it 100% of the time this year.

The trend in every sim, simcade and arcade game is to feature the initial spec car, and that is always what people remember unless a significant change is introduced later in the year, which doesn't happen often, especially with cars that make it into games.

It should be, because what AC needs right now is not DLC. Of course people are going to talk about features when this DLC is taking away resources that could be allocated towards improving the game as a whole.

Umm, the things people most often have on their wishlists are features and other code improvements/additions. Im sure you could wrangle up Aris and Simone to do the code work to add (insert X feature here), but that wouldnt be very efficient since they arent programmers in that sense. But you know that already...

Kunos saying otherwise and focusing primarily on $$$ is a big reason why AC is stagnating right now.

:rolleyes: :poop:

Of course you have to go down more to a period rather than the entire season, but still, it is possible to determine a reasonable historical accuracy ;)

It is true, but if you want to compile a usable set of references, or even create a pointcloud and spline model like we did now, you have to have a set of images of the exact same car from every possible angle, otherwise it becomes impossible to get an accurate model. So if the manufacturer is kind enough to provide the opportunity to have access to a (restored) car, we'll always take that over any other image we might be able to source ourselves. Same goes for details, if we want a comprehensive material of all aspects of the car, the straightforward way is to just document the car you have access to, which naturally won't be in 1967. Then you can choose to alter details based on historic images, but it's hard to be fully comprehensive and you'll always end up with a frankenstein car to some extent. We usually tend to use archive images only to create the original liveries. Given the nature of the reference material we had for these cars, I'd say that the closest to its "original" counterpart will be the 330 P4.

Its a good point. The changes made throughout a season are minor but many.

Would it be the first day of pre-season, when the press photos are taken and the world gets its first look? Or maybe the most mature, Abu Dhabi race spec. Or maybe its the high-downforce, low efficiency of Monaco, or low drag spec from Monza? Or maybe there is a mid-season large change like the narrow nose on the Merc, after all, no one remembers the old one...

Regardless of spec, I can't wait for this. I do hope we go without the T-wing though, but I expect we will get it since I think Ferrari ran it 100% of the time this year.

The trend in every sim, simcade and arcade game is to feature the initial spec car, and that is always what people remember unless a significant change is introduced later in the year, which doesn't happen often, especially with cars that make it into games.

That comes down to the fact that manufacturers usually only have/give out CAD data or a proper photoshoot of the launch car, hence why most of the recent GT cars in the game feature pre-season bodykits, and this is especially true for the cars that we start making before the official reveal. Then it's down to how much resources the developers have to go after any updates to the car or source enough material to move away from the pre-season cars.

Nevertheless, Ferrari was kind enough to provide the then-latest model of the SF70H (Monaco), so it'll be that, including the liveries.

we're doing the best we can.. if that's not enough for you, it's all fine, I am sure you can find something more fun to do than get so angry about a videogame you don't like?

A lot of why people get angrier than you think they should about issues in your game is loss aversion, humans feel the pain of losses far more than the pleasure of gains. Many people, me included, especially on the consoles have felt misled and let down by AC and the silent/ignore the issues lack of response only adds fuel to the fire (the PC version remains excellent and the support efficient). We persuaded a few people to come back to AC on Xbox One once the custom lobbies were released but with the crash to desktop/game not working at all issues over the last month you've lost them for good this time. "I'd rather watch the Major Nelson Xbox One X unboxing video for the rest of my life than install that rubbish again" is the funniest comment I've heard this week. Your wish for your critics to go and play something else will be almost certainly be granted within the next month. I think you've alienated quite a few customers for good though but if that is how you think best to run your business so be it.

I will buy this pack on PC mainly for the VR goodness and as I have some fhistory with the 308 GTS (yes I know not the 288 GTO but close enough). I will not buy any further DLC on either console. Update 1.15 on consoles dropped yesterday and while it makes some significant improvements (excellent close AI racing, Championships now save) it has once again come with a whole raft of frustrating issues (unbalanced AI performance regardless of difficulty setting, custom mapping is hit and miss) and has all taken far too long to deliver. A cynic might say this is another well-timed article again to bury the as yet unreported here issues with the console version.

Keeping it all in perspective, the console version remains a folly but for PC the DLC looks good, is fairly priced and will pass my man maths cost/hours of entertainment ratio with ease.

Catch up with this thread, 550 is coming along with others GT1 cars from that era.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rss-gt1-championship.140452/

I'm also buying this pack just for those 3 cars you mentioned, but from what we could see on the trailer the 250 GTO is already far from pure perfection. What I do trust is that physics and sound will make me overlook the inaccuracies in the model. I hope that the 288 was done by another modeler and it turns out to be "pure perfection" :D
Wow, I didn't know at all about this WIP GT1 mod - those Lister Storm previews !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the info ;-)
Now if at some point we are treated with the possibility of a 512M to race my beloved Porsche 917K I am in heaven.

The car I am looking most forward to from the new DLC clearly is the 330P as a direct rival to the GT40 and 908 - what more beautiful opponent to beat in a Porsche 908 than a Ferrari 330P ;-)

Imagine if I went into one of your WIP threads, and said to you that "oh well, maybe next time you're gonna do a decent job" and then bugger off without an explanation.
Without knowing which car we modelled, you just cannot be objectively right on this, yet you're here hinting a word of wisdom from the high gardens of the more respected corners of the modding community and refusing to elaborate. How am I (or anyone else) supposed to interpret this?

Yes, you're allowed 100% to form and express your opinion wherever you want (my saying all this is not to take that away or to bully you into not doing it), just as I am to say what I make of it. I'm sorry but it doesn't really seem more than artistic arrogance.

You're putting me in a hard position because otherwise I have immense respect for your work and skills, and I wish you had been around much sooner, but it's damn hard to ignore these claims and go on with my day. I shall wave to Stefano, we're both quite weak in this respect.

Like I've said, yes I could be wrong, just doesn't looks right to me so what's the big deal, really, no need to make another melodrama about it like what happened with the Celica. It is my opinion and I know even if I take the time to compare with real pictures, point out what I consider is off or could be improved, the car is already done.

This is not a wip thread, so why elaborate on something is not going anywhere? is not like posting my opinion will bring down sales or make people want to stop playing AC.

And if someone says "oh well, maybe next time you're gonna do a decent job" on one of my mods without any other explanation, that's fine, I know I shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%