News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Dont u think that in future they will make videos for marketing? Is it so hard to think that?
They are the first vids of AC,relax.More will come..

I would say shame that there are simracers out there that dont know about netkar..not for how they showed us some info about AC.
And to tell u the truth im not a fan of marketing..And if u let me go a step further,if the product is good doesnt need very good marketing...(if u know what i mean) ;)

Anyway,RSR went there and filmed some videos for us so this is good cause its first time we see AC in action!
PS:noone gave me fire extinguisher :( im burned :roflmao:

Sure they will and Jamie also says they rather "spend time working on AC instead of marketing it"
The tons of screens begs the difference on that. ;)
I am happy to see it in action dont get me wrong. But people talked alot about some videos etc.
And suddenly out of the blue we get a offscreen video. Just expected more from a first video of AC. :)

Marketing works. Why otherwise will people buy every year a new iPhone/iPad for to much money. ;)
Apple is the king at Marketing.

Also about the comment. If its good it will sell. All i can say is.
Netkar Pro. :)

Maybe shame isnt the word.
But just found it abit weird. That we for the first time see a highly anticipated video of AC coming from a other site and its also a offscreen.
They do a great job with screens and license announcements the whole time. So i just expected the first video of AC directly to come from Kunos. :)

Ivo, I "get" your point of view.
That's one of the reasons we hadn't posted a video yet. As you all know we are a very small team and we are working really really hard on the sim everyday. Screenshots are easy, we just position the car on a nice place on the track, play a bit left/right with the camera and hit print screen, then paste on the template and that's all. Update site, Facebook and twitter is fast so there you have it. We don't even lose times with photoshopping or such, so it's easy for us to post screenshots every week or so.

Making a proper video (and I mean a proper marketing video), takes a week or two. It might not be 8 hours a day work for 2 weeks as we alternate with other things, but for sure it takes that time. It's even harder when you don't have a replay system (we have that now but not 1 month ago) or not all tracks have trackside cameras... so add all this and you get the idea.

Then our friends pay us a visit, they got excited, we got excited, a couple of wine bottles later cell phones were out and videos were leaking... hey it's in good faith, no probe about it, and yes proper videos will arrive. In the end we think those "leak" videos show we're honest, no marketing tricks, no photoshopping shots or whatever. What You See Is What You (will) Get.

Personal note. When you work on something in secrecy, for such a long time, you "get used to it", then after a while you start "doubting" yourself and your work. When you finally have the chance to see how people react to it and you see such enthusiasm, it brings you a ton of motivation and excitement and makes most of your "barriers" fall down. :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%