News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

F3 i think are around 200 bhp.

GP2 might be something you are looking for. Stupid quick but not razor sharp like an F1.

Nah, more like 400bhp/600kg or whatever the F3.5/F3000 are....
Simbins Formula BMW was a half decent car, but most people drove the much more powerful F3000, which was simbins fastest standard car{online}.

It's a mystery why more people aren't driving rf2's F3.5 online, probably cause they produced an ordinary V1, but V1.2 or whatever is epic.

I think those cars feel very fast without the frenzy of F1/GP2.

Tatuus FA01 specs from AC site.....

Power: 180 ÷ 200 cv @ 5500 rpm
Torque: ~ 250 Nm @ 3500 rpm
Weight: 525kg (with pilot)
Wheelbase: 2650 mm
Front Track: 1490 mm
Rear track: 1455 mm

Some news about A.I from Stefano's twitter:

Do you have an AI difficulty scaling?
Now I can implement that. The nice thing is that AI at 90% wont mean AI 90% slower on the straights.
that's some quick learning! what input about the track does it get?
It gets a reference line, just a list of 3D points, the same line is used also for other features.
Does the AI already have player awareness to prevent ramming?
ya, it is pretty rough but it is already there, both distance holding (within limits) and awareness of a car on the inside.

Guys i have a question,the moded tracks that will be created from community they will be like the official in terms of graphics? I mean they will be shiny dx11 etc? Or it depends from the textures that modders will use?
The track will be shiny and all that cause its dx11 or it might be look like dx9 cause the moder didnt do a good job?

last wish pls make 2 types of tyres,pls pls pls xD

To create anything inside AC, you need our gfx editor.
Inside the gfx editor you will have available the shaders that we use for our tracks. So all the shining, real time real reflections and shadows ecc, are all in by default.

Of course, the textures quality and size, used by any modder, might vary.
Thanks for the great insight, the future looks bright for the modding community and the racing community, with their favourite racetracks being created, which is upto PAR with the game itself.

Which M3 version are we getting? :D And paddle-shift or sequential?

There´s 3 versions of the car, this one is in your trailer, concept car sort of.
ht5iys.jpg

2nd aero package,
BMW_M3_GT2_DSC6901_ALM_2010_R_Hetzel_2010.jpg

3rd and final aero package.
bmw-alms-m3-rays.jpg

some music as well. If you get this even 5% right i will literally die of excitement.

Why is it that this M3 is holding a completely different racing line than the other cars (particularly the Porchses) but still is able to get greater speed out of corners than them? He's passing them as if they where back markers in the race. Is it so or is this a multi class race?

Why is it that this M3 is holding a completely different racing line than the other cars (particularly the Porchses) but still is able to get greater speed out of corners than them? He's passing them as if they where back markers in the race. Is it so or is this a multi class race?
The Corvette is in the same class but not the Porsche which he gives a nudge in the middle of carusell.
But the red-chrome Porsche ahead of that (which he overtakes into T2) is same class car.

It has slightly more horsepower then the Porsche or Corvette but it also has the drag coefficient of a brick wall compared to the mentioned.

There's a lot of discussion in the comments on the BMW and how it is allowed to use setups that others can't etc. Maybe that's why? :p
Did you read that in 4 minutes? :) I thought you wondered what series it was just now hehe :)

No but seriously the horsepower(air restrictor), weight etc is all controlled by ALMS so even though it has maybe 10-15 horses more it will still not go quicker down a straight then a Corvette or Porsche.

Maybe you are talking about the suspensions of the car?
Rear suspension was changed to fit the regulations of Le Mans so they kept the rear end.
I think that might be the issue other teams had. From what i´ve read.

@Hampus: Nah I posted my question after watching the vid a day ago, then went back to read the comments. There was some comments mentioning repositioning of the engine among a list of other things that are not within regulations, but the team was allowed to do so to make the car competitive. But I´m generally sceptic towards youtube comments so I was rather asking my question here.
Now it´s a wee bit offtopic so no need to answer really, I was just a bit confused as to why he was passing all the cars as if they where no match for him.

M3 GT is/was racing in GT2, now GTE class, just like the RSR, V8 Vantage, etc. and the C6.R. The C6.R has undergone some heavy changes to meet new GTE requirements, since the GT1 class was removed. However the C6.R is still too powerful in the ALMS series. The other Porsches are GT3 Cup Cars, different class, less modified race cars, slower then GTE class, no matter if GTE PRO or GTE AM.

Picking slightly different racing lines can also be a result of the little differences in the cars. For example, a M3 with a front engine, drives completely different then a RSR, which has the engine behind the rear wheels.

You can read all these things up in the rule set and regulations when you're new to (American) Le Mans Endurance Racing.

Back on topic?:)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%