Overall effects strength: 100%
Spring effects strength: 0%
Damper effects Strength: 0%
Centering: 0%
Degrees: 900

Allow game to adjust settings CHECKED
Combined Pedals MUST BE DISABLED

In AC -> Controls -> Advanced

Force Feedback Gain: 85% (the overall strength of all effects).
Filter: 0% (helps to smooth out FFB effects).
Damping: 0% (helps by deadening the feel of the wheel and FFB effects).
Minimum Force: 5% (can assist with G27 deadzone issue & enhance FFB).

Kerb effects: adjust to personal taste ('rumble' effect caused by driving across a kerb).
Road effects: adjust to personal taste (additional wheel vibration to simulate the road/track surface).
Slip effects: adjust to personal taste (additional FFB effects to simulate a loss of traction).

Last edited:
These are what I use with my G25. You need to have the profiler running when playing racing games.

Logitech Profiler Global Settings:
Overall Strength = 107%
Spring = 100%
Dampening = 100%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring checked = 0%
Combined pedals - unchecked
Allow game to adjust settings = unchecked
Any changes made to the Global Profile affect all games. You want the Global Settings to remain constant.

Logitech Profiler Custom Game Profiles:
Overall Strength = 107%
Spring = 0%
Dampening = 0%
Wheel Rotation = 900
Center Spring checked = 0%
Combined pedals - unchecked
Allow game to adjust settings = Checked
These serve as a good starting point to experiment with specific game settings and should be used in conjunction with the game *.exe file. The reason for having 0 spring and Dampening is so you get the most direct and accurate FFB from racing Sims possible. Minor tweaks can be made to dial out unwanted characteristics such as rattling or harsh jolts, etc. Dampening tends to slow down the wheel response in some games if set too high. Other times, it can smooth out the FFB or moderate the effects.

I hope you find this helpful. Have fun.
Tk u verry much sir. Can you help me with in game settings?

I was already describing my problem here and I got answer that it is g27 characteristics that it likes to rattle, at first I accepted it as a fact but with more experience with other games I relized it has to be something else.

So here are my settings:
http://shrani.si/f/2f/co/40ZFDTp8/1.png
http://shrani.si/f/L/aj/11Linqbj/2.png
http://shrani.si/f/3p/CG/1mooGFuk/3.png

at 44% FFB KTM is undriveable for me, everytime I turn left or right it will start to rattle, everytime I touch the brake it is rattling... Also I noticed how fast brakes will lock in most of the cars, and will just go straight, there weill be like first 5-10% of possible braking and if I press it over it's a lock already, it doesn't happen in any other game I played (GSC 2013, F1 2013, Nascar TG 2013, GTR 2). And in none of these games I hear any rattling, so Its sad I can't enjoy this game, I can only drive it if FFB is set to 11% where I feel no other feedback, but at least it doesn't rattle, obviously its not fun anymore.

oh and I don't even think I experienced this problems at some early versions, I had no experience of what most things are but I could normally drive most of the cars, then some update seemed to mess up some settings or whatever happend.

Last edited:
I was already describing my problem here and I got answer that it is g27 characteristics that it likes to rattle, at first I accepted it as a fact but with more experience with other games I relized it has to be something else.

So here are my settings:
http://shrani.si/f/2f/co/40ZFDTp8/1.png
http://shrani.si/f/L/aj/11Linqbj/2.png
http://shrani.si/f/3p/CG/1mooGFuk/3.png

at 44% FFB KTM is undriveable for me, everytime I turn left or right it will start to rattle, everytime I touch the brake it is rattling... Also I noticed how fast brakes will lock in most of the cars, and will just go straight, there weill be like first 5-10% of possible braking and if I press it over it's a lock already, it doesn't happen in any other game I played (GSC 2013, F1 2013, Nascar TG 2013, GTR 2). And in none of these games I hear any rattling, so Its sad I can't enjoy this game, I can only drive it if FFB is set to 11% where I feel no other feedback, but at least it doesn't rattle, obviously its not fun anymore.

oh and I don't even think I experienced this problems at some early versions, I had no experience of what most things are but I could normally drive most of the cars, then some update seemed to mess up some settings or whatever happend.
hmm, can you try with centering spring in profiler disabled and at zero, also no damping in game, and report back? Try putting the brake gamma slider about 1/3rd or 1/4th to the right. I also have a G27 but can easily drive the Ktm at 80% gain without probs. The only rattle I get is in Huayra at zero speed/standstill. These are my profiler settings: http://1drv.ms/1f0jdKd Maybe also try setting back global profiler settings to standard.

hi. i tried your suggestions it looked like they did make some change to the wheel. but at the end i had to set filter to 99%, i don't exactly know what this feature does? it was the only thing that fully stopped rattling. i am using your logitech profiler settings now
http://shrani.si/f/2X/13a/1PL4rSGN/4.png

this is how they look now. brakes problem disappeared totally with your suggestion.
but at the current settings it doesn't really feel good to play this game. before i start to drive wheel seem so easy to move left and right. when i am driving on straights it looks like it wants to move left and right all the time and i need to battle it to stay straight

@baron12

I have been all around the houses with different wheel settings. I know this one shouldnt give you any trouble, and i am finding it a very rewarding to use, with no unwanted side affects.
Firstly, i have deleted any specific profiles for AC, its the only sim i drive now anyway.

So global:
100% overall
0% all other settings
Uncheck centre spring
Check allow game to change settings.

In game:
80-85% Gain - some cars need more dont be affraid to go over 100 if you like.
0% all other settings
Brake sensitivity set far left.

Very pure settings, no clipping, no straight line oscillation, no over correcting and no dead feeling in the middle.

I know wheel settings are very subjective but this base should give you a well behaved wheel to tinker with.

thanks for your message. I did also stop using profiler at least for this sim, and only using global settings now. I have tried exact settings you suggested already in the past, and I tried them again if somehow there would be any change, but as soon as I put filter around 50 it will rattle... I have no idea what is wrong. I am guessing I might need to reinstall the game and delete everything ? I already tried to reinstall it today but it kept all the settings after I reinstalled it. I am using Steam version. You have any suggestion what do I need to delete to get full reinstallation with everything deleted?

If you cannot sort out the FFB issue:

As I understand it, once your profiler Global INI file has been altered, it can result in some inconsistent behavior. Allowing a game to alter the Global profile may be a possible source of your issues. The only way to be sure that you have a stable base to work from is to use the original Global INI file and then create custom profiles that allow the game to alter settings. Then you can experiment with the settings in the game's custom profile.

I would try reinstalling the Logitech Wingman software again after completely removing every trace of it. Leave the Global file alone and setup a custom one for each game. Be sure that the "Allow Game to Alter Settings" is not checked in Global. Once I did that, I had much better results and I was able to feel what affect each setting had on the wheel. Prior to that, the FFB was all over the place and I could not understand the cause/effect of the FFB settings.

In AC, I used a small amount of "Filter" to reduce the vibration/rattle harshness. I also keep the Gain at or below 70% to avoid clipping. AC Allows you to adjust most FFB within the game so you can probably have 100% Spring and Dampening at the wheel. If you are changing the settings both at the wheel (Profiler) and in game - you'll have a very hard time getting FFB dialed in.

Here's a link to the dev's suggested wheel settings from the support forums. The Logitech settings are about 1/2 way Down the page. Dated as 23/11/13

<already posted, mod edit>

They basically set everything apart from centre spring to 100% in global profiler, you can then adjust the overall effects strength in AC to taste. Changing settings in the Logi profiler and within AC just seems to be a mash up.

A lot of people reporting weak forces seem to have damping and spring effects set to 0 in Logi profiler. AC seems to use these to create in game effects, by setting them to 0 you take away part of the FF implementation.

I have global profiler set as in the thread above. 70% overall in AC with damping at 20% to give some even weight across the wheel range as I prefer. That's it, and it feels pretty good. No canned effects they just seem to cause the rattling people are complaining about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!

I am newcomer. Hope it's cool if i post here instead of creating new thread.

i think i may have a broken (not working 100% properly) G27.

I have owned G25 for almost 4 years now and played some AC in last days. Great FFB.
With bro joining i bought a new G27 but it drives me crazy since it is so loud when going over curbs turning right (left turn less noisy) or even driving straight (DTM Experience 2013 Demo for example).

I've used (1.) default Logitech profiler and (2.) optimal settings
ffb1.jpg

Also, i've used (1.) default FFB settings in AC and (2.) much lowered FFB (0% on curb&road effects) but the rattle and noise is still present in wheel. It's just that the wheel is so silent but once i go off road in sand or over curb it's like the motors are fighting each other. I don't mind that FFB but the right vs left turning is so different it is obvious once you have hands on a wheel.

I posted video on YT with G25 vs G27 comparison. Long video, started with wheel start-up and logitech profiler FFB test (notice how the G27 only does 1 FFB effect all the time).
Later in video i compare the two in noise level they produce. Not to mention the ''ugly'' G27 rattle noise. It also feels weird compared to G25.
I know they run different gearing but still. I am not happy with it so far. Could be clipping effect but then i prefer G25 :)

Hope you can help me resolve this problem. Thanks!

Your G27 appears to be 'normal', as many who've reported have their units (mine too) sound similar to yours. The 'clanking' noise is caused by the 2 bushings (for the motor shafts) banging on the plastic housing. I understand that you can reduce this noise by adding some spacer/nut below the spring under the bushing, but others have said that there is a risk, as you will be adding tension to the motor shafts, and hence, 'possibly' increase the vulnerability of your motors. Below is a link to some discussion regarding this, and links to the suggested fix if you plan on performing it (at your on risk). Note that the author of the fix below used a bolt (and not just a nut). Appears to be the same function as putting a nut.

Discussion in GTPlanet: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-reducing-noise-and-dead-zone-mod.302075/#post-9453113

Links to Pietro Mangalo's fix:
1. Youtube video - just read the comments.
2. Photos posted by Pietro identifing where he applied the fix: https://plus.google.com/photos/113839068734380231178/albums/5691461502139407841

Hi all, I have tested many of suggested settings, but I have real problem to drive Lotus Exos 125 S1. The car is very twitchy and weak FFB, even tiny move with my wheel (Logitech g27) cause me to slip from the road. It's same with default or custom setup.

Right now, I ended up with settings suggested by AC guys (just logitech profiler Overall Strength = 107% ), and it's fine with BMW M3 or Tatuus, just the Exos feels really strange.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Michal,, I have the same problem with G27 sometimes. Also wonders from side to side. I usually go to Options-Controls-pick my configuration Preset- then go to Start configuration wizard. Do not know why but my G27 will lose calibration. Hope this might help you.

Any help appreciated.

Hi Michal, It took months for me to settle on settings that suited me. I didn't want to load different profiles for different cars. Finally, I settled on these. Ideally the following profiler settings should be "global", but I also drive GSC2013 so I had no option but to make a profile for each game (contrary to what I had read, this doesn't seem to have a negative effect on AC). Just make sure you use ACS.exe not AssettoCorsa.exe.

Make a profile for Assetto Corsa and use these settings:

Profiler_1.jpg

Then click on the accelerator to bring up the axis properties and select it.
Profiler_2.jpg

Select 50% sensitivity, then do the same with the brake pedal from the previous step.
Profiler_3.jpg

Then go to Global Profiler Settings and use the settings below
Profiler_4.jpg

Finally, in game, use these settings
(don't forget to save your existing settings, just in case you don't like mine)

In Game.jpg

Hi Michal, It took months for me to settle on settings that suited me. I didn't want to load different profiles for different cars. Finally, I settled on these. Ideally the following profiler settings should be "global", but I also drive GSC2013 so I had no option but to make a profile for each game (contrary to what I had read, this doesn't seem to have a negative effect on AC). Just make sure you use ACS.exe not AssettoCorsa.exe.

Make a profile for Assetto Corsa and use these settings:

View attachment 53227

Then click on the accelerator to bring up the axis properties and select it.
View attachment 53228

Select 50% sensitivity, then do the same with the brake pedal from the previous step.
View attachment 53229

Then go to Global Profiler Settings and use the settings below
View attachment 53230

Finally, in game, use these settings
(don't forget to save your existing settings, just in case you don't like mine)

View attachment 53231

Many thanks Flash! Finally I had chance to test it, used your profiler settings + tweaked the ingame setting little bit - Gain/Filter/Damping - 100/0/12.
It's much better now!

Seems, the biggest issue in the end was, that my profiler was orginaly mapped to AssettoCorsa.exe (don't ask my why) + sensitivity was up to 54%.

Many thanks Flash! Finally I had chance to test it, used your profiler settings + tweaked the ingame setting little bit - Gain/Filter/Damping - 100/0/12.
It's much better now!

Seems, the biggest issue in the end was, that my profiler was orginaly mapped to AssettoCorsa.exe (don't ask my why) + sensitivity was up to 54%.

Glad it helped Michal, I know how frustrating it can be.

does anyone know were I can get the most updated official settings from Kunos ? been looking for a recent setting from them after all these updates for ages all of them are from at least 3 updates back !

at the moment I use
LP
107%
100%
100%
Spring 0%
dont allow game to change
ingame:
95 gain
0 filter
10 damp
all artifical effects 0
it seems to work pretty good with the GT cars which is what I mostly drive.. but I want to compare with what Kunos say is 'optimal' for the g27

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%