Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

if not use vSync in iR, then FPS goes over 300 FPS, that makes texture very bad and without smoothing, for my spec. I use at all Sim vSync and not feels nothing input lag.
Ok you might not feel it but there is input lag. It´s 5-6 tenths worth of laptime easy in iRacing,
In AC about a second.

If you get that much FPS in iRacing with Vsync off, turn on every setting you can so you get it down to 150 or so.

If you run Vsync in iRacing it will slow you down there too, Vsync will create lag in all games :)

Ahhhhhh... Now i understand why i'm allways a few tenths slower than the aliens. :p lol

what i mean is that i just put graphics to its maximum, adjust the weight of the wheel depending on the car and everything feels natural, even keeping the control pannel untouched with the default settings.

Let me add my opinion here so far. After struggling with the settings for about 4 hours all I can say is: "GIVE ME BACK NETKAR PRO"...
I mean the game is beautiful, everything is there: the graphics, the sounds, the visuals, the car is so well made, the track is superb...what is missing? the feeling of the grip, the handling of the car as it approaches the corner the wheel becomes heavier and heavier and after the corner it lightens again. And those kerbs...the first passage over a kerb in Netkar Pro was a complete new experience for me. I don't know what to say, I am rather dissapointed. Is it the Lotus Car? Is it the settings? Is my wheel (Logitech MOMO) incompatible or smthng?
At the moment, AC is a no-go for me.....

Let me add my opinion here so far. After struggling with the settings for about 4 hours all I can say is: "GIVE ME BACK NETKAR PRO"...
I mean the game is beautiful, everything is there: the graphics, the sounds, the visuals, the car is so well made, the track is superb...what is missing? the feeling of the grip, the handling of the car as it approaches the corner the wheel becomes heavier and heavier and after the corner it lightens again. And those kerbs...the first passage over a kerb in Netkar Pro was a complete new experience for me. I don't know what to say, I am rather dissapointed. Is it the Lotus Car? Is it the settings? Is my wheel (Logitech MOMO) incompatible or smthng?

Go mate to http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/technology-preview-bugs-support.2/ boys will surely help you.

I'd blame the wheel. KS are currently testing a bunch of new wheels so give them so give some time.

I personally think that the game is such an epic jump from previous gen that I'm just very very excited to drive the new cars and tracks

Having owned a vx220 turbo, which is based on the Elise chassis, I can vouch for the authenticity. I'm using a Fanatec csr wheel, so I'm lucky in that its supported fully already

I already did, that's why I said I tried a bunch of different settings. As a fellow over there put it:
"netKar Pro has more dynamic, clear and direct forces on FFB, apart from feelable slip stick. Sliding is like sliding on ice there as all the older sims represent the tire patch behaviour when traction or grip get lost but raw forces are better imho"
I couldn't express that better, myself.

Two things: are you comparing a Formula car with a Lotus Elise regarding FFB? Surely you can imagine that they feel quite different.

Second, as long as we will have different racing simulations we will have different opinions. Thank you for your opinion, and I will try to see for myself what you mean. Luckily you are in the vast minority. Almost everywhere people are raving about the physics of the Tech Preview.

I am not a regular racer so am not fast or particularly good but I'm amazed at the FFB on this tech preview.
I have quite a few racing sims including rFactor & rFactor2 but I have never felt FFB like this.
Even I can tell when the tyres are losing grip and feel the bumps in the track, awesome!

I'm a huge fan of the feel of NKP and the way it does FFB , I can tell you that AC when set up right with a G25 at least offers NKP style simulator FFB but simply with more depth.

It communicates road texture better ( probably due to higher resolution road ) it also communicates front wheel scrub/under-steer better and the loading of the car is far more detailed and subtle.

The only issue I have is that I would like it to be slightly stronger in certain regards but that's likely more the car than the game, In race cars this is fixed by just having less rotation/ chancing the lock in the car or the caster , and a stiffer all round car.

Its possible that the MOMO simply cannot produce FFB of the resolution combined with the force , with my g25 I can feel way more subtle loading and how much grip I have on corner entry , mid corner , and exit than what was found in NKP.

I used to have a MOMO but sold it for a g25 back when GTR evo first came out , mostly for games like RF1 , honestly the MOMO always seemed to have issues with certain games/cars or aspects off FFB mostly due to how sluggish it was, moving from MoMo to g25 was like changing from a rowing boat to a jet-ski. another key thing with G25 is that the peddles are good enough on a basic level where as the MOMO peddles make you approach driving like a ballerina.

Good luck in finding something that's to your suiting though or getting it to feel right with the MOMO !

Is it possible to disable the visible steering wheel on screen?

AC_TechPreview/cfg/options.ini
"LOCK_VIRTUAL_STEER=0" Change to: "LOCK_VIRTUAL_STEER=1"

AC_TechPreview/content/cars/lotus_elise_sc
rename the file "driver_elise_sc.kn5" to whatever else you want

AC_TechPreview/content/cars/lotus_elise_sc
rename the folder "animations" also.

This will not disable the virtual steering wheel completely, but it does stop moving, and you won't have anyone waving at you either.

:whistling:

ie7y3vnGQUTAi.jpg
sup with that screen? Someone in the WMD forums wrote that we get that car with the TP update?

Nope the TP stays as it is in terms of content guys, sorry.

The Lotus you see above is the new Lotus Exige S which is an AMAZING car that I had the honour to drive in the Lotus Test Track at Hethel. It has longer wheelbase than the Elise, stiffer chassis, new suspensions and most importantly... the Evora V6 Supercharged engine at the centre, making over 350cv and weights around 1170kg! Yummy!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%