Assetto Corsa Technology Preview Released

The long awaited moment is here. Kunos Simulazioni released the Technology Preview of Assetto Corsa for current owners of netKar Pro. Grab your paycode, read the instructions below and go nuts!

What is the AC Technology Preview?
It is a playable, no-time limited benchmark that allow gamers to get their first taste of Assetto Corsa engine. This version includes one car, one track, different difficulty levels and two play modes: free practice and time attack. Playing this version and reporting back feedback, benchmarks and bugs, players allow the development team to fix issues and improve the final version of Assetto Corsa, before its release.

Who can access this AC Technology Preview?
Who has purchased a copy of netKar PRO since 2006 can use his netKar Pro activation code to activate the AC Tech Preview.
All gamers who will purchase a copy of netKar PRO until March 1 will receive the link to download the AC Tech Preview for free: until March, 1, they will be able to buy a copy of netKar PRO for just 4,99 Eur, saving 70% of the full price.

Game features
This software allow gamers to drive the Lotus Elise SC on the italian track of Magione, reproduced using the advanced Laserscan Technology. This version is compatible with keyboard, Xpad 360, joysticks, steering wheels and any kind of customizable game devices.

Minimum PC requirements
Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Operative System
CPU: Intel Celeron
RAM: 2 Gigabytes
DirectX 11 graphics card (ex: Nvidia GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD5770) NOTE: AC graphics engine supports also DirectX 10.1 compatible graphic cards (ATI 4800 HD / Nvidia 8600 GT)
Click here to download the AC Tech Preview (mirror 2, mirror 3, mirror 4)
Click here to visit the Assetto Corsa forums for any feedback, support and other questions you might have.
Enjoy!

Please put your feedback in the comments below

William Levesque

sorry mate but there are way to many people with slowdowns - just look at AC forum.
I know how too use my computer - I've been using them for 20 years and sadly Kunos messed up a little bit with this update. Some people have better performance (regarding ffb/graphics) some worse.
But hey! It's TP and that's what it's for - to test AC on many configs and it's our task to provide Kunos as much feedback as we can.

I'm sure they'll do their best to make it properly working on as many configs as they can.

William Levesque

sorry mate but there are way to many people with slowdowns - just look at AC forum.
I know how too use my computer - I've been using them for 20 years and sadly Kunos messed up a little bit with this update. Some people have better performance (regarding ffb/graphics) some worse.
But hey! It's TP and that's what it's for - to test AC on many configs and it's our task to provide Kunos as much feedback as we can.

I'm sure they'll do their best to make it properly working on as many configs as they can.
Regarding slow-downs I could imagine, but what has to do with controller issues and graphics glitches is most likely on the user's side

Regarding slow-downs I could imagine, but what has to do with controller issues and graphics glitches is most likely on the user's side

Don't think so mate - 20FPS down and from 3-4% spikes to 25% from 0.9.6 to 0.9.8. Actually in 0.9.6 I didn't have any problems at all either with ffb or graphics.
Check it out:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/stutter-and-spiking-with-0-9-8-update.641/

I guess Stefano is testing some new solutions. AC is a game changer in simracing genre imo and I hope that Stefano&crew will find way to make every user happy.

Don't think so mate - 20FPS down and from 3-4% spikes to 25% from 0.9.6 to 0.9.8. Actually in 0.9.6 I didn't have any problems at all either with ffb or graphics.
Check it out:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/stutter-and-spiking-with-0-9-8-update.641/

I guess Stefano is testing some new solutions. AC is a game changer in simracing genre imo and I hope that Stefano&crew will find way to make every user happy.
Did you read my post ?

Slow-downs ARE POSSIBLY INDEED RELATED TO THE NEW UPDATE, controller issues and graphic glitches are on user's part.

Did you read my post ?

Slow-downs ARE POSSIBLY INDEED RELATED TO THE NEW UPDATE, controller issues and graphic glitches are on user's part.

Don't think so - graphic glitches (in case of supported hardware) are often connected to how software co-works with graphic drivers. Users cannot be responsible for this in case if earlier version of software worked well with their hardware, actually responsibility to make software be compatibile with most of hardware is on software producer side.
Same with controller - how user can be responsible for the fact that his controller is not working well with software? See T500RS problems.

I can confirm that we are having issues with spikes, especially on ATI cards. There are some workarounds, like different monitor refresh Hz, launching AC in windowed mode, using sync, capping etc. Either one workaround at a time or all together, can solve the spikes problem a bit, but the problem is real and we are working hard to nail it and eliminate it.

Sorry for that and thank you for your support and feedback

I can confirm that we are having issues with spikes, especially on ATI cards. There are some workarounds, like different monitor refresh Hz, launching AC in windowed mode, using sync, capping etc. Either one workaround at a time or all together, can solve the spikes problem a bit, but the problem is real and we are working hard to nail it and eliminate it.

Sorry for that and thank you for your support and feedback

I'm sure everyone in the community will gladly help you guys solving problems, just tell us how we can help.
Some difficulties don't change the fact that AC is a stunning masterpiece especially when you take into consideration fact we've been playing TP only.

I had a few more strange things happen in the latest build.
After around 20 mins the screen brightness reduced by around 25%, even resetting the session made no difference.

I had another issue after about 30 mins I noticed my average FPS had dropped from 110 to 60.
I tried to exit to the menu and the game became very slow to the point I thought it had froze.
I went to Task manager and deleted one of the references to AC and the game came back to life and FPS were restored.

running an HD7850 here and just ran my first laps with the latest update (fresh install as instructed), no Spikes as of yet after a few laps which I did get in the first version. Running to my desktops resolution and everythings smooth with most details medium/high, will run more laps tonight and see if I get any Spikes at all.

I had a few more strange things happen in the latest build.
After around 20 mins the screen brightness reduced by around 25%, even resetting the session made no difference.

I had another issue after about 30 mins I noticed my average FPS had dropped from 110 to 60.
I tried to exit to the menu and the game became very slow to the point I thought it had froze.
I went to Task manager and deleted one of the references to AC and the game came back to life and FPS were restored.

Please report this on the official forum, as the devs don't catch all the posts on this forum. I haven't read about your problem yet, could be something related to your configuration.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%