Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Hmm.. I was super excited for an AI update as I thought it might bring it to the level or Raceroom, but after Kunos comments I'm not so sure. I kind of feel like we may just be getting an aggression slider and a few things that are already covered by the Content Manager app. Hope i'm wrong here.

But then please also stop doing the user poll thing as to what the community would like to see next. I'm a big fan of the game but (and I'm not alone) stop asking the community what we want if it doesn't really matter.

again WOW! You did not get what YOU wanted and now we should stop asking the community about what they want?
Really?
When did you become the speaker for the entire community and who gave you this authority?
We do polls, ask feedback and involve the community on things WE KNOW WE CAN DELIVER. On things we CANNOT deliver we give honest and clear answers just as I did with you and just as we did for 4 years to questions about night&rain... but no, it's not enough, still have to wake up in the morning and read these kind of bulls... you really deserve to get no answer at all people, ****ing tired of this crap every single time some self entitled child doesn't get his toy.

Just WOW, one more lesson for me to learn not to engage with these people.

I hope that one of the improvements is fixing the bug where the AI will slow down, while on track, simply because they are passing a car that is entering/leaving the pits. IMO that is even more immersion breaking than them not passing me while I am spun out on the side of the track. Has either of these two situations been fixed in the update @kunos

I hope that one of the improvements is fixing the bug where the AI will slow down, while on track, simply because they are passing a car that is entering/leaving the pits. IMO that is even more immersion breaking than them not passing me while I am spun out on the side of the track. Has either of these two situations been fixed in the update @kunos

yes it should be fixed

When did you become the speaker for the entire community and who gave you this authority
- That is indeed how some of us (not all) feel. So I don't speak for all of the community, but I do speak for many members whom I either met in the forums or know personally.

WE KNOW WE CAN DELIVER
And if anyone knows what you can deliver it is most certainly you. Some things like the day\night thing you've explained and we get that. I also totally get your frustration with that particular topic being raised over and over to the point of insanity. Some other things like say for instance. "Sorry no Suzuka or no Lemans because the licence costs are crazy" Would make sense to communicate that aspect and would be great for us to know so that we can respect that. Some people will keep asking anyway. Everyone I know is actually very passionate about AC and that is why we ask.

Everyone I know is actually very passionate about AC and that is why we ask.

we are ALL very passionate about AC but trust me, starting internet dramas and playing the butthurt part every single time the story does not turn out exactly as you wanted is the perfect recipe to get every last drop of passion out of us (surely it is for me).

You are now telling me "what should I've said"...well that exact info is out there for people interested, if you managed to find the info about missing day and night surely you will find the info that the main reason is that cost of the license does not justify the inclusion in a game like AC.

Great way to start the working week.. thank you very much, all this because the head of a studio gave you an answer (on a ****ing SUNDAY, in a PUBLIC forum) that you didn't like very much! And that was enough to send you in a cross thread campaign to point out how bad I am.

EDIT: also consider this my last answer to you, it's obvious you are now in the stage where you'll happily twist whatever I say to continue your drama... I am out.

Last edited:
Yesterday I raced GT3 with 100% AI and it was very good, with epic fights. Some times some tenths up, other down. I didn´t see any issues, AI is clean and not shy. I really like it, I couldn´t win any race weekend, 12 laps, but not far from the first ones. This is the best AI in AC since it began. @kunos has done a great job, improving every patch.
Waiting the new DLC impatiently :)

The day night thing was stated as the reason why the Lemans track will apparently not be done.

Where has this ever been stated before?

It's quite a disappointing position, but it is what it is I guess... But then please also stop doing the user poll thing as to what the community would like to see next.

You do realize everything from the user poll last year ("play game developer" or whatever it was called), was actually added to the game, yeah? Hmm, perhaps except the ability to pick your livery for an MP race.

I guess that one is a game breaker, huh? :rolleyes:

Everyone I know is actually very passionate about AC and that is why we ask.

I dont need night racing or rain... Or Le Mans for that matter. Although Le Mans would sure be nice to have.

I dont need night racing or rain... Or Le Mans for that matter. Although Le Mans would sure be nice to have.
I totally agree with you. I Love AC, I don't touch anything else at this point.

Where has this ever been stated before?
If I recall correctly it was a tweet quite some time ago (could have been more than a year) when people started asking to include the track.

You do realize everything from the user poll last year
Yes, I do ...

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 340 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 214 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 232 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 99 20.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 132 26.9%
Back