Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
My intention is nothing but point out how bad Ai is right now. And if the devs don´t accept the critics they shouldn't release such stupid AI in first place.
Over and out!!
You can point it out all you want,but dont be rude....
Where do you see a Dev from KS here on the forum that said something about not accepting critics?
The AI release wasnt for you alone to test,enjoy and judge,its for everyone who brought the SIM.
"..stupid AI..." doesnt sound like a constructive criticism....And again it seems that you fail to understand the notion of Early Access and Work in Progress....With this attitude its your loss not ours...

Spent some time racing the AI in AC this afternoon, I had a very good afternoon, :)
The AI, to me , is well done, kudos to Kunos. Not perfect, can and will most likely be improved. But even as is they are a keeper.:notworthy:
This is bad news for my other SIMs, when we get more tracks, trough the main channel or the Modder’s channel, I don’t think I will feel like driving anything else for a while.
Has any one figured how to change the skin of the car we drive? Is there a way to have those event to go for 12 or more laps, instead of just 5?

This is my recent AI's experience driving with 1M @ Imola, Monza, and Mugello

Im learning a lot with this AI's and im following 3 rules that allow me to enjoy the race without incidents and making me a better driver at same time

in Lap 1 if i stay on my "lane" on T1, T2, ... they never bump me hard (only small bumps with no driving interference)... they bump me hard only if i cut their lines by changing "lane" ... i thinks this is how everyone should drive in MP ... even if i overtake them on start if i keep on my "lane" on T1,T2 im save

they never close my lines and allways give me space to turn when i just got a postition to overtake and they expect me to do the same ... so im doing the same and respecting their lines and also never got bumped hard anymore ... this is also proper driving that everyone should learn for MP

i never break before the AI's breaking point
they break early so its not a big problem

if i desrespect this rules i will probably be kicked out of track or be bumped hard ...

doing proper driving and following this 3 rules and i never got bumped hard anymore and i can overtake at start without they bump me ... just very small ones with no big damage or real driving interference

they are smarter then i thought and as long as i respect them they dont cause me problems

So im very very happy with the way AI's behave on this aspect ... they respect you if you respect them ... the way it should be

But there are some things annoying me:

In Imola there is 1 point on track before the uphill to last chicane that AI's drive very very slow and i gain around 1 or 2 seconds just there
Also on downhill before the finish straight they are slow and very easy to overtake

They are also very slow and very easy to overtake in Mugello T1

I dont know about other cars and tracks ... this is just my experience with 1M on Monza, Imola, and Mugello

Evora GTE is just out of this world... It goes like on rails... what a machine! I just ended having fun with it @imola... endless grip. Great fun.

And AI? I tried 500s and supercars and I was having great time driving with them. Sure it's not perfect, but it worked really well for me.

Oh god stop it. Why are you trying to twist words, i know what i said. I also clearly added that i'm not going to use the AI until they fix it, how, for god's sake is that a definitive statement ?

This is NOT the official Assetto Corsa forum, i am NOT a paid beta tester, i am NOT required by contract to give precise, technical and complete feedback to the Developers. Therefore i can freely express my vulgar, poorly-worded opinion on here.

:giggle:

1) I am NOT twisting words. I gave exact quotations as evidence that you said those things. Yet you act as if I made it up. And they were not out of context because those quotes were the majority and main points of your comments. YOU are the one trying to twist words!

2) Saying you're not going to do something until it is fixed IS A DEFINITIVE STATEMENT. How much more f***ing clearly do I need to explain that to you?! I even gave you the exact definition of the word and examples of where you made definitive statements, and you still ignored it!!

3) No this isn't the official forum. But the Kunos developers do come here often for feedback/advice. Incase you decide to actually comprehend what I have written, then you can report more specific feedback to their official forum, which can be found here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php

4) No one here is a paid beta tester. That's why Kunos opened this game up to the community as an "Early Access" version. We buy the game now and in return we provide feedback. That's how it works. You're not obliged to provide feedback, but for the betterment of the game, it's helpful.

5) You are most welcome to post your ignorant and "vulgar, poorly-worded opinion on here", but just know that you are giving opinions, not actual facts, as you claimed you were before.

Last edited:
You breaked too fast..it's obvious.

Here is the video i found on AC forum..pretty good race

What?????? are you serious???? i brake too fast???? i only open the gap so Ai could pass me!!!! but instead Ai chased me and tried to knock me out of the track.
What would you do if i rear ended you like that in a real race???? would you take the blame??? if that's so I hope i get to race you soon, it will be so much fun...

What?????? are you serious???? i brake too fast???? i only open the gap so Ai could pass me!!!! but instead Ai chased me and tried to knock me out of the track.
What would you do if i rear ended you like that in a real race???? would you take the blame??? if that's so I hope i get to race you soon, it will be so much fun...

By the way:
Do you think you can fool everyone with those videos???...next time don't forget to mention the AI strenght level.
Show us what you can do with Alien mode and 100% Ai strenght he he hee

i only open the gap so Ai could pass me!!!! but instead Ai chased me and tried to knock me out of the track..

It looks like a "bug" from here ... you brake and move right ... i think AI decided to overtake you as soon as you brake and if you stayed where you were he would probably succed (or not :) ) ... but he should be able to see that you moved right and kept is line ... i think you should report it on AC Forums ... thats the kind of info they could use to improve AI's. If that was what happened its a understandable "bug" since what you did is not a "normal move" ... usually drivers go right first and then brake but because you start brake in front of him he got confused i guess

Last edited:
Yeah its a valid point.Might be another reason for that behavior.Maybe the AI tried to keep the slip stream line and didnt anticipated the car in front will brake early....i can see AI slowed a bit but not fast enough...It was a "Holy s.." moment for AI hahaha

Moving in the braking zone like Pedro did in that clip, would immediately give you a penalty in F1.

Moving in the braking zone is a NO GO.

Like expected, many complaints about the AI come from people who are (partly) to blame themselves.

Based on that video evidence, if you are running 3 metres behind any car - which is not a long distance at all - and the guy ahead brakes so much too soon, chances are you are going to get the car behind running into the one in front.

As far as the line change goes, perhaps the AI thought that you were changing line in the braking zone to take evasive action, thus he did the same. There is no other valid reason to change line in that corner's braking zone.

There are probably bugs, yes - I haven't tried the AI yet - but considering this is the first release of the AI, the fact that they can complete 5 laps is already a good start.

Also, remember that these cars are computer-controlled - they race as they would normally race, 100 percent committed, looking to brake as late as possible. They are not aware, nor are they assuming, that you are gonna brake test them with a non-racing style braking manoeuvre, and they are looking for a reasonable braking point. I am certain I would've run into the back of you there as well, due to your mistake of assuming I would anticipate this.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%