assign keyboard / wheel button shortcuts to individual apps ?

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
Is it possible to assign shortcuts to individual apps in Assetto Corsa?
I cannot run Assetto Corsa with apps on (cuts my FPS in half and I don't like the clutter either).

I like to use the real time app when racing and have CTRL+H assigned to a button on the racing wheel through the joytokey key remapping app.
This way I can call up the app when I need it and shut it down right away without using the mouse.

I would like a few other apps to treat the same. Is there a way to assign individual shortcuts to specific apps?

Is it possible to assign shortcuts to individual apps in Assetto Corsa?
I cannot run Assetto Corsa with apps on (cuts my FPS in half and I don't like the clutter either).

I like to use the real time app when racing and have CTRL+H assigned to a button on the racing wheel through the joytokey key remapping app.
This way I can call up the app when I need it and shut it down right away without using the mouse.

I would like a few other apps to treat the same. Is there a way to assign individual shortcuts to specific apps?
Dirk, as far as I know, this can't be done. Maybe someone that knows more than I do knows about an .ini file you can edit for this.

Thanks for letting me know Bobby :-(
Currently the workaround is to map CTRL+H and CTR-L to two separate buttons on the steering wheel (using joyToKey).
This way I can setup apps to just show the live lap time (for hot lapping) and being able to switch it on and off directly from the wheel.
To know who I am racing with online I have the ini file edited, which is responsible to show drivers names over the cars.
I have switched off the red arrow indicator, enlarged the font from 18 to 20 but reduced the display distance from 100 to just 30.
This way I always know who I am in direct contact with but have no visual overload with lots of driver names and gizmos floating around the track + I can switch it on and off directly from a button on the wheel.

It would be fantastic if we could map a keyboard short cut to each app individually, this way people can map those apps to their wheels and button boxes.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%