Aston Martin "Cancel" F1 Engine Plans

Technically Aston Martin are a partner which i don't understand. Don't Just be a partner and put Aston Martin Engine in the back instead of Renault. It is just a major brand putting there partnership with a smaller brand. Why don't Scudaria Ferrari just ditch the Ferrari engine and put in a FIAT. This is the logical thinking why be Red Bull Renault when you can be Aston Martin and realy intimidate the boys in Marenello.
technically the team name is Aston Martin Red Bull. They rebranded the engine to TAG Heuer but I doubt Honda would let them do it next season.
And no, this is not the logical thinking. The team is Ferrari and has always been, F1 helps a lot to sell the overpriced cars from the brand, there is no reason to rename it and the board of directors in FIAT is very aware of that probably.

This is where openness would help. Liberty Media wanted to be more open with information than Ecclestone&Co (not a high bar), but didn't follow through.

If they made public what the proposed changes are everybody could have a look and adjust expectations.

The way it is now F1 says they are changing and Aston Martin says they are not. Given secrecy in large companies I as a potential watcher of the show cannot help but feel deceived. Past experience leads me to believe that the most likely explanation here is that Liberty Media says to the fans that things are changing (because they hate what is there right now in many ways), but under the hood it appears to be lip service and the big teams with investments in whatever the rules happen to be right now will be obeyed to.

1.6litre v6 hybrid engine, because every supercar has one.

Aston Martin Vantage - 4litre v8
Mercedes AMG - 6.2litre v8
Porsche Carrera GT - 5.7litre v10
BMW m5 - 4.4litre v8
Ferrari 458 - 4.5litre v8
Lamborghini Aventador - 6.5litre v12
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - 6.2litre v8
Lexus LFA - 4.8litre v10
Audi R8 - 5.2litre v10
Maserati MC12 - 6litre v12
McLaren F1 - 3.8litre v8
Dodge Viper ACR - 8.4litre v10

I rest my case.....
Dude, really? You do know that the engine performance requirements for a road car is completely different from that of an all out racing prototype?

Not surprised one bit. Renault, a profitable company is struggling to justify its ever increasing investment in F1. How is a barely viable Aston Martin going to compete?

Not surprised one bit. Renault, a profitable company is struggling to justify its ever increasing investment in F1. How is a barely viable Aston Martin going to compete?

What? they just floated again, they'll be swimming in cash. They've got their fingers in how many racing programs?

It looks like the next gen LMP is going to use road-homologated engines - albeit very low production - so an F1 engine is even less useful. Perhaps now they might build their own Vantage engine instead though. Much as I'd like to see the twin turbo V12 from the DB11 in a LMP, I think it might be a bit heavy...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 71 88.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 26 32.5%