Australia & New Zealand

• Andrew Dawes

I'll be in. And my great car setup that worked at Spa is actually a nurburgring setup i found online and tweaked slightly. So i shouldn't need a lot of setup work , so i can focus on lapping practice.

• Chris Rodgers

Hmm, well I'm keen to race there, but given that I haven't turned a lap there yet in Evo (although I have done quite a few laps there in Gran Turismo and Forza) and that I'll be out of town starting tonight until a few hours before the race, I wouldn't be much of an asset to you guys.

I'll leave my spot open for anyone who can take my place, but I'll check back just before the race and if you'll otherwise be a car short then I'll tag along - I at least know the track well enough to not cause mass destruction, and by the end of it I'll know it pretty well, having done at least 14-15 whole laps of it (which on a sane track would be a sprint race :mad-tongue:)

I suggest that anyone not fully familiar with the track spend some time on it, this one takes a long time to learn.
I haven't driven the full Nurburg before but have driven Nurburg GP and Nords, and it still took me a while to remember it.

Does anyone have any idea of their lap times yet?

I'm not sure I'll be running in this one, but had a few laps tonight just in case. My lap time was 8.27 and was pretty ugly (included some grass excursions :poop: ), so I should be able to slice a fair bit off that.
Getting the fuel planning correct will be important too, you won't want to be running out of fuel part way round. So I reccommend you check how much fuel a lap takes.

Just bumping this up again, we need to know if reserves are needed.

Please note, the final round of the OECC @ Nurburgring has been postponed due to the Easter break. The planned date is now Saturday 18th April.

Racedepartment's Team for Nurburgring:

-Aston Martin DBR9 - Cam Wedgwood Confirmed
-Audi R8 GT Concept - Olaf.j Linortner Confirmed
-Corvette C5 R - Rhys Gardiner Confirmed
-Corvette C6 R - Michael Stead Confirmed
-Dodge Viper GTS/R - Warren Dawes ???
-Gumpert Apollo GT - Chris Rodgers Confirmed if needed but car available to a reserve
-Lister Storm - Andrew Dawes Confirmed
-Saleen S7-R - Jari Vinnari Confirmed

I'll update this post as each driver confirms.

Reserve driver: Richard Hamstead Confirmed

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%